Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26

Thread: 2025 Squad - Speculation Thread

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Owen View Post
    I am sure plenty others are already done deals just not announced. Koteka is not on your list, I believe he is still contracted before and is the reason Callan has been let go.
    Yes, but is assumption to post as such.
    Re Koteka, be delighted to update his status if can be officially confirmed,
    Recent developments have proven, just because a contract was previously signed doesn't mean it is the current situation.
    I suspect we won't get official public confirmation until the full Squad is announced.

Add: Also a word of caution, as good as Koteka has been, by Round 1 next season he will be a 31 year old that won't have played professionally in two months under three years. He has an enormous motor and a significant "pre-season" to get back to 100%, but I don't think we should be setting a high bar for him from Day 1 Koteka Mk II.
    In 2022 he was the undisputed Force #7. In 2025 he will be up against Tizzano. Fantastic (we assume still) injury cover, but not really Backrow bench cover (ie 6-7-8).

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Burgs; Today at 09:09.
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Yes, but is assumption to post as such.
    Re Koteka, be delighted to update his status if can be officially confirmed,
    Recent developments have proven, just because a contract was previously signed doesn't mean it is the current situation.
    I suspect we won't get official public confirmation until the full Squad is announced.

Add: Also a word of caution, as good as Koteka has been, by Round 1 next season he will be a 31 year old that won't have played professionally in two months under three years. He has an enormous motor and a significant "pre-season" to get back to 100%, but I don't think we should be setting a high bar for him from Day 1 Koteka Mk II.
    In 2022 he was the undisputed Force #7. In 2025 he will be up against Tizzano. Fantastic (we assume still) injury cover, but not really Backrow bench cover (ie 6-7-8).
    Glad you mentioned Tizzano, the state of play has changed significantly since the last time Kane took the field. That's also one of the reasons why I'm not completely devastated at the loss of Ollie Callan, yes he's locally developed and yes he's a pretty good player, but he's about to be eclipsed by two (wel Maybe Kane is a question mark, but definitely 1) local product, so hard to call it a disaster.

1 Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    From G&G

"Dylan Peitsch apparently wanted to be released to go to the force but this was denied"

https://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...3#post-1439812

0 Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    From G&G

"Dylan Peitsch apparently wanted to be released to go to the force but this was denied"

Colour me not surprised in the slightest

0 Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    From G&G

You have to wonder what the grounds for the denial were...

0 Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    From G&G

That's a shame. He would have been a great pick-up.

0 Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, similar from the Roar-

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/09/1...n_hAx9xcnsSHxA

"Indeed, off-contract Reds star Jordan Petaia is seemingly the latest to be cast off by RA.

The 24-year-old might be about to audaciously try and switch codes to the NFL early next year, but the shoddy lines of communication have continued with the two-time World Cup member.

The Western Force recently attempted to make the Reds’ back an offer, but the Super Rugby franchise couldn’t get a response from RA as to whether they would tip money into the deal to sign him.

It’s something that has left the Force livid, especially given Dylan Pietsch’s desire to head west has been knocked on its head by the national body.

While Petaia was long odds to accept the deal given his desire to try and give the NFL a crack, RA’s failure to put out an arm and roll out the red carpet to try and convince the player to stay has added to his feeling of disillusionment with the game in Australia.

The fact Petaia, who was widely considered the best young talent in Australia five years ago and remains one of the nation’s best gamebreakers, hasn’t even been included on the Wallabies’ injured list in 2024 has raised eyebrows, too.

RA’s decision to exclude Petaia from the list appears to be because the talented back has yet to commit to the code beyond 2024."

Pretty sure our fearless RUPA CEO was quoted saying (in reference to Rebels dispersal) that RA couldn't tell players where to go. Seems they can tell them where they can't go though...

0 Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    You have to wonder what the grounds for the denial were...
    I can't help thinking that it is part of a plan to get the Force to tow the line and centralise

0 Not allowed!
    Gareth Chilcott after his last game for Bath in 1993
    “I thought I would have a quiet pint… and about 17 noisy ones.”

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26