Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: 2024 Melbourne Rebels Squad Dispersal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    We all, so far, seem fairly forgiving on this point, but am starting to wonder about the caliber of individuals in these key seats.

Unfortunately we don't seem to be getting much of either- short term key signings or long term development signings. Mostly short term development signings seems the order of the day in WA and long term commitments ok in the East.
    Crono was sounding pretty confident of getting some key signings for the Rebels shortly after the Super Rugby season wrapped up, then there was a side comment on the Rugby Wrap interview that things weren't going to plan, laying the blame pretty obscurely at RA's feet. Izack Rodda pretty much squarely said he'd signed overseas after pressure to move to the Waratahs in order to keep his top up.

Given the huge delay in contracts being finalised and those three hints I'm inclined to believe that the final signing authority is playing funny buggers in an attempt to continue the mantra "A strong Waratahs is essential for a strong Wallabies" and fuck everybody else.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Given the huge delay in contracts being finalised and those three hints I'm inclined to believe that the final signing authority is playing funny buggers in an attempt to continue the mantra "A strong Waratahs is essential for a strong Wallabies" and fuck everybody else.
    This has been a long time MO of RA - and look what a runnaway success that has been. Got no hard data; just relying on memory but thinking back to the likes of Benny Mac, Brownie, Hodgo etc; Wallaby contract renewals either took an age or resulted in us losing the player to "The East". The more I see the more I'm worried the same strategies will have the same outcomes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9