Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: 2025 Squad - Speculation Thread

vCash
    I agree with what you are saying. If a player doesn't want to be here, I don't want them forced to be. I don't want Tupou who had declined being here previously and am happy with HJH.

I am happy with the last couple days of signing and other signings that have occurred.

I don't like that either RA dragged their feet with Rodda or allegedly offered an ultimatum. That leads me to think they are meddling in other signings.

It has been speculated that Former Rebels players don't want to sign with thr Tahs.

So is RA stopping them coming to the Force or are they refusing the Force as well?

Are RA not progressing any other contracts and solely concerned with only Tahs?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    I agree with what you are saying. If a player doesn't want to be here, I don't want them forced to be. I don't want Tupou who had declined being here previously and am happy with HJH.

I am happy with the last couple days of signing and other signings that have occurred.

I don't like that either RA dragged their feet with Rodda or allegedly offered an ultimatum. That leads me to think they are meddling in other signings.

It has been speculated that Former Rebels players don't want to sign with thr Tahs.

So is RA stopping them coming to the Force or are they refusing the Force as well?

Are RA not progressing any other contracts and solely concerned with only Tahs?
    in order

Agree

Certainly

I'm confident they offered an ultimatum and that pisses me off

Not really a surprise is it?

Little Column A little Column B

I reckon, yeah. I think it's going "we'd like you to sign with the Tahs" "I don't want to sign with the Tahs" "we le're finishing up the Tahs list first because we own them, if you're prepared to wait around until we get to [other franchise] we'll work something out...Oh, you say you'll sign for the Tahs, here's the contract we had written up for you to sign, what size Wallabies jersey do you take?"

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Very interesting that we've re-rigned Franklin and Prinsep, given they are foreigners. I would've thought Tiatia and Kalapu were more important to retain than Franklin, if we have a limited number of spots for foreigners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    and 3) we (of all teams given our history) have to stick to the salary cap so it isn't just a matter of opening the owner's cheque book
    Maybe the owner of RM Williams should close his cheque book!

May the FORCE be with you!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    we are not a top or finals team
    Devil's advocate- Nor is Sydney

Two good signings though.
    Re Nationality, perhaps committing to residency eligibility, I doubt either would have realistic ambitions for AB selection.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    My one major concern, so far we have one player contracted beyond 2025.
    This could be seen as a strength with the others filling their boots on the current Rebels dispersal, however, most of them are also one year contracts.
    Recruitment needs to get busy amongst the current young crop around Australia securing them while there is uncertainty about the 2026 options.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    I am liking this pattern of announcing 1 or 2 signings each day starting with front row, then second row and backrow. I look forward to all the inside and outside back announcements next week!

Also both Princep and Franklin are not wallaby eligible so all the talk of reducing amount of overseas players might not be as strict as we think, so hopefully we are still getting guy porter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20