Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Izack Rodda

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    For the record, my stated potential "dirtiness", which now is confirmed, is at the situation, the attempted luring/RA and the general movement of talent overseas, not at the player.
    Rodda seems by all observations and accounts a fine young man.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    I am pretty sure Izack will know how much the Force have stood by him ….. This is a decision made under some form of duress …. I was so looking forward to Rodda/Swain . Fu….ck !
    For sure, that's probably why the RAThas were trying to force him out,

Gareth Chilcott after his last game for Bath in 1993
    “I thought I would have a quiet pint… and about 17 noisy ones.”

Player
    vCash
    Well it sounds like none of the players want to go to the tahs so we might still be a chance to get some of the better players. We have twiggy and a good coach which works in our favour but the tahs ownership and conflict of interest works against us

If we could pick up LSL or Canham that might be an improvement on Rodda

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Owen View Post
    Well it sounds like none of the players want to go to the tahs so we might still be a chance to get some of the better players. We have twiggy and a good coach which works in our favour but the tahs ownership and conflict of interest works against us

If we could pick up LSL or Canham that might be an improvement on Rodda
    If Canham you'd want it to be an extension deal, rather than just honouring 12 months for RA, to establish prior to higher honours.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Rodda to depart Western Force for French move

Fri, Jun 21, 2024, 8:30 AM
    Western Force Media

The Western Force thanks Izack Rodda for his service after the lock informed the Club he’d be departing to join French outfit Provence.

Rodda joined the Force in late 2021, playing 20 Super Rugby Pacific games across three seasons, overcoming injuries to have a strong back-half of the 2024 campaign.

Force general manager of rugby Chris Goodman said: “We wish Izack and his wife Kobe all the best in the next chapter of their lives in France. We know it’s been a tough decision for them.

“Izack was a strong contributor during his time with the Club and showed resilience and professionalism when challenged by injuries. We thank Kobe for her contribution to the Force during her time as part of the Club’s media team. They will be missed.”

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Rodda to depart Western Force for French move

Fri, Jun 21, 2024, 8:30 AM
    Western Force Media

The Western Force thanks Izack Rodda for his service after the lock informed the Club he’d be departing to join French outfit Provence.

Rodda joined the Force in late 2021, playing 20 Super Rugby Pacific games across three seasons, overcoming injuries to have a strong back-half of the 2024 campaign.

Force general manager of rugby Chris Goodman said: “We wish Izack and his wife Kobe all the best in the next chapter of their lives in France. We know it’s been a tough decision for them.

“Izack was a strong contributor during his time with the Club and showed resilience and professionalism when challenged by injuries. We thank Kobe for her contribution to the Force during her time as part of the Club’s media team. They will be missed.”
    About as close to "bugger, we'd love to have kept you on the roster" as you'll get I reckon

Gareth Chilcott after his last game for Bath in 1993
    “I thought I would have a quiet pint… and about 17 noisy ones.”

vCash
    Izack seems to have always been a bloke who doesn't sing from the Ra hymnsheet, so I think, once they tried to tell him where to play, the last thing he wanted was to play for the Wallabies.

Sounds like a true forceman to me.

C'mon the

vCash
    Are we really to believe that Rodda was told he would only get a Wallabies top up if he was playing for the Tahs? I enjoy a good conspiracy theory like any self-respecting Force fan but if this were true surely he would have told Force senior management. This would be a scandal at the higher levels yet we have not heard any comment from the Force. Where is the outrage from Force officials?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The only scenario that makes sense is that the Force didn't offer him the max amount a team can. This seems odd that they wouldn't, but we pay over the odds for most players, so maybe there was no room under the cap considering his injury history. Otherwise it would be scandalous. A shame we couldn't sign him for a year with a view to earning a top up with games under the belt.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The only scenario that makes sense...
    Another may be that behind the scenes more is known about the long term prognosis of his foot, or potential of the other one to do the same?
    For him to go to a team that has just been promoted to D2 on a three year contract also doesn't make a huge amount of sense.
    International experience big/tall Locks have nearly as much bargaining power as equivalent experience Flyhalves.
    A quick look at the Provence Squad is pretty underwhelming, with their only genuine recognised player being a 41 year old Jimmy Gopperth.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3