Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Izack Rodda

vCash
    I'm of the opinion if Rodda's stance was Force or France then I 100% support it.

If it was just France I'm a bit disappointed.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Well I’m gutted. After the Force stood by him for two years and then “wham, bam thank you mam” That’s pretty low in my books.
    Hope the door doesn’t hit you on the arse as you leave.
    Please remember the salary cap is what causes this issues for us. With very few on Wallaby top ups we need to make the cap stretch very far, making it almost impossible to retain players like Rodda. It was mentioned througout the season without a top up we would not have room to offer him much. I too am gutted but fully understand the precarious situation we are in.

The other issue which none of us are privy too, is his foot capable of standing up to the rigours of test footy, and adding in the mentallity factor too a few "easier:" years in Pro 2 in the South of France may have been a best fit option.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    I'm of the opinion if Rodda's stance was Force or France then I 100% support it.

If it was just France I'm a bit disappointed.
    Has anybody discovered whether the Force even wanted him?

After all the injury issues he's dealt with perhaps they thought there were more durable options.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    We won't find out any time soon, but I can't help wonder if a top-up was conditional on going to Sydney and he told them to take a flying leap - preferably off The Gap. Or whether he just wanted out.
    If the former then our tin-foil hats are still required. That would be depressing. But I don't really see Dan Herbert singing to that old hymn sheet.
    I think you are spot-on, I got the sense from him that he's pretty gutted to be leaving the Force

Gareth Chilcott after his last game for Bath in 1993
    “I thought I would have a quiet pint… and about 17 noisy ones.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

After all the injury issues he's dealt with perhaps they thought there were more durable options.
    I seem to remember Cron grinning from ear to ear when he finally got back on the paddock, reckon he'll be spewing that he's not been able to find a way to keep him on the roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Please remember the salary cap is what causes this issues for us. With very few on Wallaby top ups we need to make the cap stretch very far, making it almost impossible to retain players like Rodda. It was mentioned througout the season without a top up we would not have room to offer him much. I too am gutted but fully understand the precarious situation we are in.

The other issue which none of us are privy too, is his foot capable of standing up to the rigours of test footy, and adding in the mentallity factor too a few "easier:" years in Pro 2 in the South of France may have been a best fit option.
    I think the other factor for him is that he and his wife have a bub on the way - priorities change

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

I think the Force would want him but with the above mentioned salary caps, the likes of Swain coming over. The Wallaby top up was likely instrumental. It would be a rotten shame if RA butchered his presence in SR due to their extreme bias to the tahs, who will always get the top ups and the rugby foundation cash their way.

vCash
    Just to give you an indication what we are up against the average Pro D 2 budget for last year was (EUR 8.9 M ) $14.3m AUD, and the Top 14 close to (EUR 35m) 55m AUD.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Just to give you an indication what we are up against the average Pro D 2 budget for last year was (EUR 8.9 M ) $14.3m AUD, and the Top 14 close to (EUR 35m) 55m AUD.
    where do they get all that money from?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    where do they get all that money from?
    TV money, gate receipts (plus corporate, which is big over there), sponsorships, low ground rent and playing twice the number of games a year.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    TV money, gate receipts (plus corporate, which is big over there), sponsorships, low ground rent and playing twice the number of games a year.
    What can clubs do outside the Salary Cap to incentivise players to stay and not be financially disadvantaged by rejecting overseas offers? Do they have any "intangible" benefits they can offer?

It is lunacy to think that in a professional era they will stay for the love of Australian rugby. Their career is on the line every game - one moment and their worlds are dumped on its head. Izack has a growing family, it'd be irresponsible of him to take a materially inferior offer.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    What can clubs do outside the Salary Cap to incentivise players to stay and not be financially disadvantaged by rejecting overseas offers? Do they have any "intangible" benefits they can offer?

It is lunacy to think that in a professional era they will stay for the love of Australian rugby. Their career is on the line every game - one moment and their worlds are dumped on its head. Izack has a growing family, it'd be irresponsible of him to take a materially inferior offer.
    With the range of careers available related to the "mining industry" and the number of mining entities already linked to the Force and WA Clubville, there should be no player wanting to stay to be not able to build "life after Rugby" in WA. Perhaps amongst the plethora of Force Admin Staff we need a "Careers Co-Ordinator" specifically looking at work and study opportunities and creative ways to enable it.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Until (if ever) we know the circumstances, I'm disappointed but not hostile. Players have to do the best thing for their future. Rodda might be considered suspect due to injury, sadly. Considering he's a human monolith; the type of injury he picked up will always be a factor for consideration. Maybe front of his mind more than anyone else. We haven't seen a lot of him anyway and have gained a very handy replacement.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Until (if ever) we know the circumstances, I'm disappointed but not hostile. Players have to do the best thing for their future. Rodda might be considered suspect due to injury, sadly. Considering he's a human monolith; the type of injury he picked up will always be a factor for consideration. Maybe front of his mind more than anyone else. We haven't seen a lot of him anyway and have gained a very handy replacement.
    I bear absolutely no ill will towards Izack.

However the story doin g the traps, fuelled by a Roar article by Christy "mouthpiec of RA" Doran suggests that my poor taste joke from earlier was correct and his top up offer was used to direct him towards the Tahs.

If there is any semblance of truth to this rumour it's fucking reprehensible and I therefore hope that every single one of the Rebels players sign overseas, even if that does mean we will not be able to improve as a team.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    I am pretty sure Izack will know how much the Force have stood by him ….. This is a decision made under some form of duress …. I was so looking forward to Rodda/Swain . Fu….ck !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast