• Waratahs 8-15

0 0%
  • Waratahs +15

0 0%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Round 13 Force v Waratahs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Wanneroo could and probably should have come away with the points.
    Yes it was a good game but now I'm confused. Like I said earlier, I don't know a lot about the local first grade and/or whether bonus points are a thing; After only getting there at half time I was wondering why they took 3 points with only a minute on the clock and down 30-19. A try would put them in bonus point range at 30-24 at least. To their credit they took the kick off and scored a try, so I was left pondering whether they had been supreme & successful optimists to bank the 3 and go for broke chasing a losing BP plus a 4 try BP.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    You have pulled out irrelevant garbage out to suit your own narrative from 7 years ago, the simple truth is the failure to invest lack of time and money into developing our own reflects very poorly on the Force and did you ever wonder why you get more supporters to a club grand final than you get to a Force game, keep doing what you do and you are going to get the same result, the whole mindset needs some fresh blood because it's not as if the current way of doing things has reached any heady heights
    It isn't at all irrelevant. It is a good explanation for why we have less local representation now than we had in the past. A 3rd tier makes a big difference, and you are a fool to think otherwise. It may not be the only factor, but it is a biggie.

Maybe under investment is also a factor. I can't say I know enough about that. Why don't you enlighten us to what the Force should be doing? It is easy to complain...

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    It isn't at all irrelevant. It is a good explanation for why we have less local representation now than we had in the past. A 3rd tier makes a big difference, and you are a fool to think otherwise. It may not be the only factor, but it is a biggie.

Maybe under investment is also a factor. I can't say I know enough about that. Why don't you enlighten us to what the Force should be doing? It is easy to complain...
    From the sidelines, I think a lot gets thrown at the Force rather than RWA and the actual Clubs as well.
    My observation is Clubland (around Australia) loves blaming up the tree rather than sideways or looking in their own backyard.
    There isn't ever going to be much local pressure for Force Academy Pathway positions when you are running (going off RWA Site pages) a 9 team Under 16's, a 7 team Under 18's and a 5 team Colts, with a 13 member RWA Academy. FFS, the RWA Academy can't even field a team!
    Yes, it takes leadership from the top (ie Force) down, but there bigger issues at play in the pathways at RWA, Clubs and just sport engagement in general.
    I reckon Rugby in WA needs a major internal (no, not RWA internal, though probably warranted, actually all the Clubs sitting down with RWA) to try and clear some air and get a common alignment.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yes it was a good game but now I'm confused. Like I said earlier, I don't know a lot about the local first grade and/or whether bonus points are a thing; After only getting there at half time I was wondering why they took 3 points with only a minute on the clock and down 30-19. A try would put them in bonus point range at 30-24 at least. To their credit they took the kick off and scored a try, so I was left pondering whether they had been supreme & successful optimists to bank the 3 and go for broke chasing a losing BP plus a 4 try BP.
    I think they hastily miscalculated what they needed to get the losing Bonus Point, when they realised they said to the ref we will go for touch, but he told them once you have called posts the decision stays. I think the kicker took the decision to go for posts before his captain came along.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I think they hastily miscalculated what they needed to get the losing Bonus Point, when they realised they said to the ref we will go for touch, but he told them once you have called posts the decision stays. I think the kicker took the decision to go for posts before his captain came along.
    That is how I saw it. The Wanneroo player pointed to the posts but they changed their minds. My understanding has always been that once nominated it stands but the precedent has been set in Super Rugby a couple of times this season where the decision has been changed by the captain and the referee allows it. Anyway they got bonus point. Good effort at the end.

vCash
    Thanks blokes.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Bayley Kuenzle and Jeremy Williams in Planet Rugby's team of the week:

"After the 13th round of Super Rugby Pacific action, Planet Rugby breaks down the star performers from a thrilling weekend of rugby.

There’s a healthy mix of players in this week’s team with the Brumbies, Chiefs, Blues, Western Force, Fijian Drua and Hurricanes leading the way with two representatives apiece making our selection.

There were some fine individual performances with Wallaby Rob Valetini (Brumbies) and All Blacks duo Caleb Clarke (Blues) and Damian McKenzie (Chiefs) amongst those who helped their respective teams to deserved victories.

Super Rugby Pacific Team of the Week, Round 13

15 Tom Wright (Brumbies):
    14 Lachie Anderson (Rebels):

13 Bayley Kuenzle (Western Force): The 25-year-old has been one of the Force’s best players this season and he was at the forefront of his team’s triumph over the Waratahs. Kuenzle showed his class with a fine all-round performance as he crossed for a try and eventually gained 36 metres from seven runs including a clean break and two defenders beaten. In Melbourne, Anton Lienert-Brown also had a good game for the Chiefs.

12 Julian Savea (Moana Pasifika):
    11 Caleb Clarke (Blues):
    10 Damian McKenzie (Chiefs):
    9 Tate McDermott (Reds):
    8 Rob Valetini (Brumbies):
    7 Peter Lakai (Hurricanes):
    6 Etonia Waqa (Fijian Drua):
    5 Tupou Vaa’i (Chiefs):

4 Jeremy Williams (Western Force): Although Wallaby Darcy Swain was solid for the Brumbies against the Crusaders, Williams gets the nod after he delivered a fine showing for the Force against the Waratahs. The 23-year-old did well in the lineouts and with ball in hand, gaining 19 metres from eight carries but made his biggest contribution on defence as he made a match-high 16 hits.

3 Siale Lauaki (Hurricanes):
    2 Tevita Ikanivere (Fijian Drua):
    1 Ofa Tu’ungafasi (Blues):

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Bayley will be facing his two main opponents for the Wallaby 13 jumper in the next two games, I'm not super confident he can unsettle Ikitau from the startign jersey, but he has a massive chance of knocking Flook out of the running with a good showing this weekend, especially since Bayley has demonstrated massive versatility.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    sounds like they were pretty chuffed with the win!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Nic White spilt to Morgs on The Call Up that their version of Sweet Caroline is now the "official" team song

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Nic White spilt to Morgs on The Call Up that their version of Sweet Caroline is now the "official" team song
    Which I find a little disappointing.

Surely they could have come up with a singalong song that isn't used by umpteen professional sporting organisations around the world.

I've been trying to come up with some aussie songs that everybody sings along to in the same way and have some candidates

Angels - Am I ever gonna see your face again? (maybe not family friendly)
    Farnham - You're the voice
    Braithwaite - The Horses

Surely with a bit of thought we can come up with something different that we can make our own

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Brilliant.

It is world wide sporting anthem that is infectious, easily singable and crowd friendly.

See link below to see just what a world wide sporting anthem phenomenon it has become.

Sweet Caroline sporting team compilation

Great choice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Farnham - You're the voice
    I reckon you might be onto something here. You're the Force would work very well. The rest of the lyrics in the song are actually pretty fitting too. Would be great if we could get that going in the crowd....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Anything is better than the confected crud that was the original "official" boy band crap they came out with...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast