Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Palmyra v UWA Trial.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Palmyra v UWA Trial.

Watched the Force/Reds game at McGillivray on Foxtel - great match , even better result. Even got Boyd to buy me a beer afterwards- there's a first.

Uni v Palmyra was interesting, six tries to four in Paly's favour, sure to dampen a few St Pat's day celebrations tomorrow.

UWA have a massive pack, similar to Associates, and have some useful backs as well. They showed up Paly in fitness but didn't have the speed or defence that Paly had in it's arsenal. Paly"s powerful front row was a good part of the difference as well.

Still early days, but Paly will be in the mix I reckon, as will Uni.

Paly won thirds, and seconds was a two try all draw. I was told Uni colts won five tries to seven.

What happened in other games?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Watched the Force/Reds game at McGillivray on Foxtel - great match , even better result. Even got Boyd to buy me a beer afterwards- there's a first.

Whattttttttttttttttttttttt?

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 16-03-13 at 20:43.

vCash
    True story. But he did ask me twice first whether I was driving.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio
    Paly"s powerful front row was a good part of the difference as well.

Still early days, but Paly will be in the mix ?
    And here's silly me thinking we just have to turn up to bank the win

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    re--boyd,
    you mean he he no longer has short arms and deep pockets?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I do hope the hating has stopped, the spitting in his hamburger, the pissing in your beer.

vCash
    I wouldn't go so far as to say he hasn't Gunny, but then you and I suffer from the same affliction ...

Westie, from what I hear, that's all you have to do ...

vCash
    Kala beat Baysie 9 tries to 4 in prems
    kala beat baysie 13 tries to 1 in 2nds
    3rds was a draw 2 tries each
    kala beat baysie in colts too don't remember score
    3rds/4ths turnout by Kala was poor robbing the contest of a contest with many colts backing up for this grade.
    Kala U/20s missing big numbers too meaning baysie U/20s missed out on a run.

Baysie fielded a very young side in prems. Had a couple of handy backs. Good scrum too, just lacked a bit in the ruck battle and went too high in many tackles out wide getting repeatedly brushed off.
    Kala prems did some good things. We were able to capitalise on a few half chances and turnovers which was pleasing considering the backline reshuffle during the warmup. Forwards went well but had a couple of periods where they didn't have the fitness to be able to restart their playing systems to set up more attack but that will come. Overall 2 games of entertaining rugby highlighted by some good running rugby.

Next week Kala v Rocky at Rocky.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Cott beat Neddies 4 trys to 1

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    I saw it as a draw.

Go Neddies

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

Uni v Palmyra was interesting, six tries to four in Paly's favour, sure to dampen a few St Pat's day celebrations tomorrow.

UWA have a massive pack, similar to Associates, and have some useful backs as well. They showed up Paly in fitness but didn't have the speed or defence that Paly had in it's arsenal. Paly"s powerful front row was a good part of the difference as well.

Still early days, but Paly will be in the mix I reckon, as will Uni.

Paly won thirds, and seconds was a two try all draw. I was told Uni colts won five tries to seven.

What happened in other games?
    Also watched this trial. Both teams scored some very good tries and should have good seasons.

vCash
    So, how did Rockingham fare against Wanneroo? Did Wests play Soaks?

Champion
    vCash
    I heard Rocky made a good game out of it and are building quite nicely,the roodogs are still employing one off behemoth hit up's and ran out of gas very early on.Wests had a training camp on Sat so had no game.We're playing Cott on Sat at Churchlands.Sounds like Paly are gonna be one of the teams to look out for this season as well

vCash
    Cott v Wests will give some indicator of what the bench mark is.West scared me with their clinical approach at the Margaret River sevens, but despite the fact that they have the numbers and the talent they have shown nothing in the 15 man game so far. I think they'll surprise with a blinder next time they play, but have heard little of how Cott are travelling except that they flogged Nedlands.

Nedlands have been typical so far - they always start off slow in the preseason and first couple of weeks of the season, then put on a head of steam. After the Southern Lions and Margaret River sevens I have no doubt they will be right up there again. Neddies always keep their cards close to their chest, so the fact they were only average in their preseason up to now doesn't tell us much.

I'm hoping Paly v Wanneroo will reveal a bit - one hit bohemoths will soon find themselves flat on their arses and Wanneroo will have to play an expansive game to be in the hunt. Paly are impressive and consistent so far with no standout stars, a good balanced combination.

Uni have the cattle - no doubt about it, and are already there subject to some constructive game plan tweaking. Same with Soaks, subject to some work on fitness, but that isn't a problem this early on - yet.

Kala v Perth is surprising - either Kala are very, very good, or Perth is a basket case already. I'd like to see how Perth go next weekend before concluding anything, though I suspect the truth will be unpalatable to Perth supporters.

I hope Rocky are improving to the extent that preseason games are showing, they're my second club, after all, but they have an unhappy knack of disappointing come crunch time when the pressure is on. I hope that changes and they develop some clever mongrel under their South African Coach.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Rumour has it that a number of the Perth cattle have escaped their paddock and are wandering around Perth looking for greener pastures. Writing on the wall maybe?

I agree with you Fulvio, all South Africans are mongrels.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast