Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Joondalup - Premier Grade Pretenders?

vCash
    Hang in there Joondalup. It's early days

believe and achieve

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

Senior Player
    vCash
    It unnerves me when Rex sounds sensible.

Prefer him when he's his intoxicated, abusive, ranting and raving self.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    It unnerves me when Rex sounds sensible.

Prefer him when he's his intoxicated, abusive, ranting and raving self.
    I concur. Perhaps his account has been hacked?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    I concur. Perhaps his account has been hacked?
    god help the person who hacks Rex's account.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    The Moose that roars! His best work was done on the saturday footy show with the "Pass the Pass" comp during the early eghties, unscripted he shot down every player with his verbal sprays. He told great stories about his "Hrd Man" playing days where he would belt an opposition forward and then await the spare up! Great job Rexy...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbaby7 View Post
    The Moose that roars! His best work was done on the saturday footy show with the "Pass the Pass" comp during the early eghties, unscripted he shot down every player with his verbal sprays.
    ........as opposed to Rex Mossop who's best work usually shot himself in the foot.

"if I keep getting Boyd and O'Grady mixed up, it's because they look alike, especially around the head"
    But his absolute best was done alongside Elle Mcfeast. Especially when commenting on a Sydney Harbour nuddy beach that had "sprung up" in his neighbourhood.......

"I don't think the male genitals or the female genitals should be rammed down people's throats … to use a colloquialism."
    Colloquialism..........

The moose actually carved his own place in the Oz vernacular. Such stuff-ups became known as Mossopisms.

RIP Champoin.

Sorry!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Apprentice
    vCash
    Such bellicose rants makes me think some of you are very worried indeed about Joondalup's admission to Premier Grade, could this be because those Prem Grade players you have at your purple circle inner city clubs will then not have to drive past Joondalup to get a game of Prem Grade rugby? Mmmm, I think so.

The fact is that clubs such as Joondalup, Rockingham, Southern Lions Wanneroo and Mandurah are the future of rugby in WA. The incestuous nature of the "older" clubs is coming to an end as young families move further out of the CBD. Good luck to all the outer suburbs clubs.

On another note, I understand that Joondalup have been given a list of things that have to be in place in order to be admitted. How many of the existing clubs had to comply with that? Special (difficult) treatment perhaps? Setting them up to fail?

With regards to their facilities, have you been to Cottesloe? Wouldn't house my dog there.

Good luck Joondalup, you'll reap the rewards of hard work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    "Polonius" - sounds like something to do with a sausage.

Go Neddies.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    "Polonius" - sounds like something to do with a sausage.

Go Neddies.
    I will have to defer to your obvious expertise on matters relating to sausage.

Is that common at Neddies
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    Polonius is a character in William Shakespeare's Hamlet. He is King Claudius's chief counselor, and the father of Ophelia and Laertes. Polonius connives with Claudius to spy on Hamlet. Hamlet unknowingly kills Polonius, provoking Ophelia's fit of madness and death and the climax of the play: a duel between Laertes and Hamlet.
    Generally regarded as wrong in every judgment he makes over the course of the play. Polonius is described by William Hazlitt as a "sincere" father, but also "a busy-body, [who] is accordingly officious, garrulous, and impertinent." In Act II Hamlet refers to Polonius as a "tedious old fool" and taunts him as a latter day "Jeptha".
    Father of Ophelia and Laertes, and Lord Chamberlain to King Claudius, he is described as a windbag by some and a rambler of wisdom by others. It has also been suggested that he only acts like a "foolish prating knave" in order to keep his position and popularity safe and to keep anyone from discovering his plots for social advancement.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polonius View Post

The fact is that clubs such as Joondalup, Rockingham, Southern Lions Wanneroo and Mandurah are the future of rugby in WA.

Posted via Mobile Device
    I cannot believe you use the name of Joondalup in the same sentence as the rest of the outer clubs. Joondalup at this stage does not deserve to become a Premier grade club they first need to realise that to be a genuine rugby club you have to leave your bullshit and politics at the door and become a family not just a club family but part of the RUGBWA family.

Quote Originally Posted by Polonius View Post

With regards to their facilities, have you been to Cottesloe? Wouldn't house my dog there.

Posted via Mobile Device
    At least not that many idiots at Cotteloe and at least Cotts have a bit of a positive culture going, can't say the same for joondalup at the moment though.........

garanteed Joondalup loosing 30%-35% of their junior players of 2012 going into 2013

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I've just discovered I'm Polonius.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    An Italian one?

Player
    vCash
    If Fulvio can transcend and become Danish..... I am sure he could become Greek and female and yes.... Fulvio transcends again and he did it....

Cassandra of Troy had the gift of prophesy, but when she told Apollo she wanted to stay a virgin, Apollo placed a curse on her so that she and all her descendants' predictions would not be believed. She is a figure both of the epic tradition and of tragedy, where her combination of deep understanding and powerlessness exemplify the ironic condition of humankind.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Political BS; you seem to have too much time on your hands.

I would have thought the Board would have been pretty busy lately. I wonder if the other Board members know you are reading Shakespeare on your IPad when you should be focussed on the task at hand. Is this why the Force have got themselves in a right pickle?

Are the other Board members doing the same?

My mind boggles after a few beers on a Friday evening.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast