Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Brumbies finally win over David Pocock

vCash
    Darkness up yours!
    If Bam has gone so be it. I will be sad that we have a lost not only a great player but one of the few young men that I ask "old bastard" lookup too.
    If you change your mind I'll be a happy man but if not its not the end of the world yet.......think we have to the end of 2012

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Rookie
    vCash
    Hey chill out nothing in the Canberra media. There is plenty of time.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    how is that covering their own then? if they announce it AFTER an actual leak instead of all the ones that have been speculated about in the media these last few weeks?
    i'm thinking they would LOVE to be in a situation to announce something positive? re. a coach or the captain re-signing with the club?
    i cant think of any reason whatsoever that they would withhold any information like that for even an instant.
    To be fair, there's a couple of issues in this whole mess.

1. Rugby WA are between a rock and a hard place with this one. If they prematurely make an announcement about David Pocock before everything is finalised with the ARU, the Brumbies, Uncle Tom Cobbly 'n all, then the ARU will come down on them like a tonne of bricks. But if they don't say something soon, then a block of their paying supporters is going to be even more pissed off, which will be reflected in the 2013 membership renewals.
    2. David Pocock is a talented 24 year old professional rugby player who is the current Wallabies' captain and who has a window of only about 10 years in which to make the most of his talents. So he must carefully arrive at a decision which will allow him to make the most of those skills in the time available to him, and that may mean going to another Super Rugby franchise in order to get the sort of coaching and team culture which will best support his talents and enhance his rugby career. Sure there's money involved (it is professional rugby after all), but I'm guessing that the net financial difference between what the Force are offering him and what the Brumbies are offering him is not great. The issue is then who will provide him with the environment in which he can become a better professional rugby player (which in turn will increase his revenue earning ability).

Last edited by TrevorM; 27-07-12 at 18:11.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    We'll find out what loyalty means in the next few days.

Loyalty vs a big fat wallet? I know what my money is on.

Zimeric & Co. you have been conned big time.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    David Gallop (ex NRL CEO) or Gallop (ex WA Parliament) ??

Any of em, not sure if its a forward step or backward step with Reid leaving....
    It's a forward gallop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambooi View Post
    Well if Pocock leaves, Foley showing a finger and Cheika still laughing I hope that RWA management are realizing that there is a small problem which should be addressed top-down.

The Force are really in danger of having to pay a lot for some real mediocre cattle now, as its going to be very difficult to convince anyone to get on board.

vCash
    My tweet
    @pocockdavid http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226436745453 … is this true If it is then it is a pity that it had to come from the press and not yourself.

vCash
    If Bam goes, and there is still an small chance that something could change, then we need to look at the opportunity that creates. We need to understand that the ARU isn't there to prop us up. Let take control of our own destiny and use the money we would pay Pocock and the marquee player to set up an new Academy. Go for some corporate sponsorship as well. We could then concentrate on keeping WA born players and create better coverage for injuries. It would also create a culture of producing Wallabies by giving younger players more opportunity to develop, rather that throwing them in the deep end and getting rid of them if they don't have immediate impact. More clubmen less princesses!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorM View Post
    To be fair, there's a couple of issues in this whole mess.

1. ...
    2. David Pocock is a talented 24 year old professional rugby player who is the current Wallabies' captain and who has a window of only about 10 years in which to make the most of his talents. So he must carefully arrive at a decision which will allow him to make the most of those skills in the time available to him, and that may mean going to another Super Rugby franchise in order to get the sort of coaching and team culture which will best support his talents and enhance his rugby career. Sure there's money involved (it is professional rugby after all), but I'm guessing that the net financial difference between what the Force are offering him and what the Brumbies are offering him is not great. The issue is then who will provide him with the environment in which he can become a better professional rugby player (which in turn will increase his revenue earning ability).
    The mediocre coaching and culture on offer in the West has seen him become the world’s best Openside and current stand-in (future fulltime) Captain of his adopted nation, while meeting someone to spend the rest of his days with, earn a handy wad of a wage and become one of the most respected members of his adopted state as young Western Australian of the Year.
    Sounds to me like it hasn't served him too badly...
    So what is left for him to decide, finish the book of the fairytale rags to riches of a battling club taking the premiership in the future, or start a new book half way through punting on riding the coattails of other peoples work to victory...or worse still, back the wrong book and see your dreams unfold in the West without being part of it.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Ok, I might be the eternal optimist here, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway.

In any universe based upon logic, would David ever sign with the Brumbies and Mudskipper NOT log on here to crow about it?

I still think negotiations are continuing!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2404 View Post
    ...Let take control of our own destiny and use the money we would pay Pocock and the marquee player to set up an new Academy...
    The David Pocock "Memorial" Academy?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    WA Police should sponsor DP. He is a classic role model. Tough as sh1t and as soft as the same when needed.
    When you look at the shite running on the streets today you have to wonder!
    You have to remember that DP's first few years he was bought up in a war situation with people carrying weapons. From what i have heard there were some very dicy situations in the area that DP was bought up.
    This hasn't left him with any weird animosity. I have not heard about him taking out bouncers or accusing them of racisim. This is one of the most stable guys you will ever meet.
    He plays the game he loves with great passion.
    I will be mega sad to see him go any were BUT I will wish him the best were ever he goes and any team he plays for will be my NEXT team.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    In any universe based upon logic, would David ever sign with the Brumbies and Mudskipper NOT log on here to crow about it
    Like muddy actually has a clue about what's happening in Canberra. He is at the mercy off the media hacks just as much as we are
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I think it's awesome how force 'fans' are turning on the force captain before an official announcement is made. Well done guys. You've proved how fickle you are yet again
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Jono go research the difference between fickle and frustrated

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast