0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    the target was never the Players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DR GRAFENBURGH View Post
    We aren't in Wales
    I think you mean Ireland anyway?

The welsh are hardly that quiet during a kick. It's in Ireland when Munster play it goes the quietest.

vCash
    I think the good doctor was referring to the opening post

Controversy corner

vCash
    I believe that Booing during an opponents kick is a complete lack of respect for the opposition and the game. I know there are alot of kiwi expats in Perth but we as West Australian rugby supporters should not drop to the level of an AFL supporter. The filth that is said at those games on the field and in the stands is primitive Bogan crap.
    As Hans said what separates rugby from other codes is the respect for each other. What example are we setting for the youth of today with these displays?
    Something has to be done as it is developing into habit and a reputation is being made. Afew weeks ago those stupid blowup "dongo's?" were handed out to the crowd an people used them to distract the opposing kicker . Rugby WA needs to think things out and work out what sort of reputation they want the rugby supporters of WA to have.

Veteran
    vCash
    wow... talk about the smug, nose in the air crap...

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    wow... talk about the smug, nose in the air crap...
    explain????

Veteran
    vCash
    almost entirely all the we are better than them. It does get a bit much after a while... There are plenty of bogans playing rugby... there are also plenty watching it. There is a typical cross section of perth's society that enjoys union...

Look, i always say it's a mugs game played by gentlemen, etc etc... adn i totally disagree with the booing of anyone kicking a goal. I always applaud good opposition play / goals.

but geez... we are not the upper class of britain, could you imagine anyone coming onto this site and reading some of this? talk about pretentious.

Champion
    vCash
    You see, from where I came from, Rugby was not a toffs game, it was a religion for everybody, so coming to Australia I can see where you are coming from, but I interpret James Brown's comments as a way to try and describe the behaviour not turn the discussion into a Toffs vs Bogan debate.

Facts are Rugby has values and inherent in the laws of the game is that we abide by the ref's decision. Rugby also used to enforce players lining up opposite each other at the halfway line before the game to wish your opponent good luck. In N.Z. and S.A. both Toffs and Bogans played it this way. After the game a tunnel is formed to clap each team off and after showers there was always a get together.

We have guys from AFL that cannot comprehend we wish to form a tunnel and drink with blokes who 10 minutes earlier tried to rip our heads off. We have guys from Grid Iron say likewise. We then have French Journalists absolutely amazed in Marseilles at the 2007 1/4 final to see POMS and us Aussie fans, sitting amongst each other before the game sharing a coffee and croissant. French men bringing wives and kids to watch an INTERNATIONAL because they could never do that as a family if Football was being played. Go to the home stadiums of Soccer across the world and see the barbed wire, see the players argue with refs. Go to NBA and NBL games and see how the umpires get abused, watch a game of baseball and see a whole dugout empty if an umpire gives a strike or an out. Sadly all of those games are played and watched by Toffs and Bogans. The behaviour has to be categorised as Bogan , because when Toffs yell abuse or question a call, they begin by saying " Excuse me, but I am afraid you are wrong" or " You Mr. ref are an imbecile". Bogans don't talk that way.....

vCash
    Someone..I won't mention who... from RWA told me I was to show some decorum whilst sitting on the sideline, and not to jump up down like I did after we scored a try against the Blues... WT??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    We never did boo. We did throw Mandarins and Oranges, not the ones laced with Cane Spirit.
    Only Mainstay I hope Hansie.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    would have to be SNobs
    [YOUTUBE]hxymlIGshv0[/YOUTUBE]

Veteran
    vCash
    Hansie;

fair enough, i just get sick of the we are better talk that tends to float around here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Hansie;

fair enough, i just get sick of the we are better talk that tends to float around here.
    What was that Laurie Daley quote: "Rugby league is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complicated game played by wankers"?

Champion
    vCash
    Palitu mate - I know exactly where you come from and it sh**s me too, but by far they are the minority and the huge majority are passionate Rugby Union followers who cheer madly when their team scores a try, are silently respectful when the opposition score, applaud an injured player from either side who gets up to continue playing...that is what makes the game great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast