Thread: Barbarians 25 New Zealand 18: match report

vCash

Barbarians 25 New Zealand 18: match report

The Barbarians, inspired by a hat-trick of tries by Springboks wing Bryan Habana, ensured New Zealand’s autumn tour finished on a losing note in a hugely-entertaining game at Twickenham on Saturday.
    Habana’s third try four minutes from time, after crossing the line twice in the first-half, proved to be the decisive blow against a New Zealand side who began the match with just two survivors from their thrilling victory over France in Marseille last Saturday.

read the rest here: Barbarians 25 New Zealand 18

---------- Post added at 07:16 ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 ----------

Habana revels in hat-trick

Bryan Habana acknowledged that his hat-trick of tries against New Zealand for the Barbarians was one of the highlights of his stellar career.

The South Africa winger put in a man-of-the-match performance at Twickenham as the Baa-Baas recorded an historic 25-18 triumph.

Demonstrating his trademark searing pace to the full, Habana pierced the previously impenetrable All Blacks defence to earn a standing ovation at the ground where he made his Test debut in 2004.

"Scoring three tries against the All Blacks hasn't quite sunk in yet," Habana stated afterwards. "They were probably some of the easiest tries.

read the full article here: Habana revels in hat-trick

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks Pieter, very dissapointed in my Vbets for this one.

Got to love the 'member profiles', have a look...

http://www.dunsboroughdungbeetles.com/ Don't seem to have a webpage anymore so go to https://www.facebook.com/Dunsborough...tlesRugbyClub/

vCash
    Yea I cannot believe what happened It just shows you what can happen if you let your backs run of good forward play

vCash
    Just bet on everything and you will break even somehow

vCash
    just finished watching the replay

What a good game all round I thought It was really entertaining.
    Habanna has proven once again that he is one of the best wings in the world. He makes decisions and have enough skill and speed back his own decisions even if it doesn't go according to plan. he tackles like a sharp shooter.

If I was Henry I would have been a worried man The All Blacks lacked a lot. The only All Black apart from Brendon Leonard that played well was Joe Rokocoko and he was playing for the Barbarians

The uncapped WP Nel really impressed as prop My prediction for South African rugby is John Smit to loose the captancy before the World cup Who will be the next captain is unsure but the Front row will look something like this WP Nel, Bismark Du Plessis and the Beast as run on

The Welsh should really be proud of Jamie Roberts what a awesome player he is !!!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Thing is though Pieter that there isn't really an obvious choice for captain after Smit. I don't think Matfield is up to the job. Fourie du Preez didn't seem to relish being captain in 2008 either and of the other Super 14 team captains isn't Juan Smith the only one with a realistic shot at being a starter?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Ashley Johnson

Ashley Johnson has serious potential as a captain. He was earmarked for the Nike All Star Programme as a youngster and so he has had a long time to show that he has got what it takes to be a world class player. His progress from top school player into age group player and leader and then to be picked (by Peter De Villiers himself), as captain for the once Southern Spears in 2006 at the age of 20, he clearly has some kind of edge with the coach – something all top sides need to have these days.

What has been so impressive in 2009 for Ashley is that he has shown that his passion, versatility and work rate is almost unmatched in South African rugby right now. Not only does it take a lot to stop him due to his bulk, but he has also been extremely mobile for a more ‘stocky’ No. 8. Where he showed that he has the character to become a great player was in the Currie Cup semi final when he had to shift from the back of the pack to Hooker and he took to the position like it was his favourite. Could he be the next Springbok captain playing with the number 2 on his back? One should assume so.

got the info from here

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    That hair is awesome.

If he was captain I would listen to him. When I'm not being distracted by the hair.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.