Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: James O'Connor will remain with the Western Force

vCash
    So... Brett Harris has reported something that hasn't happened? Embarrassing?

Either he's making stuff up or he's psychic

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Bloody hell Mud, can you leave one thread not about the Brumbies
    Burgs... relax... chill.... the Brumbies are mention in the above story... my post was related to a story about O'Connor a week or two ago...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    he's psychic
    *Crosses fingers and toes*

But... if he's psycic, then what about all the crap he's vomited up about the force and folding and all the other horrible stuff? I've snookered myself. I'll just cross my fingers and toes that JOC is signing and Harris has FINALLY got something right

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    O'Connor staying at Force
    Bret Harris | June 17, 2009
    Article from: The Australian

WHEN the players at Western Force revolted against coach John Mitchell towards the end of last year, there were fears of an exodus from the Perth-based Super 14 club.

Those fears were heightened when Wallabies five-eighth Matt Giteau announced this year he would return to the Brumbies next season and fullback/winger Drew Mitchell left to join NSW Waratahs.

Several other players also departed, including Scott Staniforth, Tai McIsaac, Junior Pelesasa, Gareth Hardy, AJ Whalley and Tamati Horua. It reached the point where people were wondering if the Force would be competitive next year.

But that perception will start to change with the news, as reported exclusively on The Australian's website yesterday, that Wallabies teenage sensation James O'Connor has decided to stay in Perth for a further two years.
    Force officials said they had not received anything official from O'Connor or his management, but a source told The Australian that the deal was about to be done.

O'Connor had considered following Giteau to the Brumbies, but the ACT side could not match the big third-party money on offer in the west.

Last weekend it looked as if the Force had shot itself in the foot by trying to pressure O'Connor into meeting a deadline, giving the Brumbies hope of securing him at the last minute the way they did Rocky Elsom. But O'Connor has shown loyalty to the Force, which will build its team around him.

The anticipated signing of former Springbok five-eighth Andre Pretorius also influenced O'Connor's decision to stay in the west.

If the Force can bring Wallabies winger Digby Ioane back from Brisbane, the backline will start to look threatening again, even without Giteau and Mitchell.

The Force already has a solid platform in the forwards with Wallabies Nathan Sharpe, David Pocock, Richard Brown, Matt Hodgson and Pek Cowan.

They have also muscled up further in the forwards with the acquisition of Wallabies prop Matt Dunning and Hurricanes prop Tim Fairbrother to add experience in the frontrow to complement Cowan's tremendous potential.

The signing of Dunning will give the Force hope that his Waratahs and Eastwood teammate Damian Fitzpatrick will follow him across the Nullarbor.

Fitzpatrick, who is the captain and starting hooker for the Australian under-20s team, will not make a decision on his future until he returns from the World Cup in Japan in the next 10 days.

It is understood Fitzpatrick's preference is to stay with the Waratahs, but they would have to match the Force's offer.

The Force has also recruited Sydney University second-rower Ben McCalman as a lock/blindside flanker. So after all the gloom, things are not looking too bad after all.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5-2722,00.html

He seems pretty certain....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    As before, I'm not saying either way until it's from the ARU or RWA, nothing is final until it is final...is it Digby...

mudskipper, there were plenty of other threads to have put your valuable information on to, including in your very own Brumbies Forum. You dominate virtually every thread with your Brumbies orientated drivel, surely you can leave a thread announcing a Force re-signing (substantiated or not) on a Force supporters website to be about the topic at hand.
    And that isn't a question, it is a Moderators directive.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Well it is a good news day, the roster is looking up

The Digby quip, a red herring by Brett?
    Didn't the Force release him because he was home sick and now hes talking Japan and the Force- won't he just get homesick again or do the dollars stop the heart strings! His preformance this year may be based on him being content at home, maybe this is why the Reds/ARU low balled him looking for a cheap deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredrucker View Post
    Well it is a good news day, the roster is looking up

The Digby quip, a red herring by Brett?
    Didn't the Force release him because he was home sick and now hes talking Japan and the Force- won't he just get homesick again or do the dollars stop the heart strings! His preformance this year may be based on him being content at home, maybe this is why the Reds/ARU low balled him looking for a cheap deal.
    Thing is, AFAIK, his parents live in Melbourne. Maybe he's realised it's not much easier getting home from Brisbane to see them. Maybe there's enough sponsorship dollars left to get him back to Perth with a view to cementing a spot in the Wallabies backline by being in a winning S14 setup. He could then attract massive sponsorships to help Link lure him home when they get their set up happening.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    At Ease - we'll know soon enough - let the lad some space and to defrost from Canberra

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    so how about those brumbies hey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KalaFan View Post
    so how about those brumbies hey
    those feral gg's are running amok in them thar hills!

vCash
    I'm 12 and what is this?

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Action, you're 12. Are you pregnant yet?

vCash
    no, plugged.

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Action, you're 12. Are you pregnant yet?
    I can assist with neutering

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tdevil View Post
    WALLABIES teenage sensation James O'Connor will remain with the Western Force in Super rugby for the next two years.

O'Connor was also settled in Perth and felt a sense of loyalty to the Force, who gave him an opportunity as a 17-year-old last year.

The anticipated signing of former Springbok five-eighth Andre Pretorius at the Force also influenced O'Connor's decision to stay.

Dunning, 30, has signed for two years.

Source:http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...013406,00.html
    I wish he would hurry up and make his mind up

Last edited by hertryk; 19-06-09 at 16:44. Reason: Too long

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2