Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Did you watch the match? because the better team won a close match...
    I did watch the match. The Brumbies got out of jail
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Did you watch the match? because the better team won a close match...
    When you consider the fact that the Brumbies are a top team with many internationals and the Highlanders have 3 and a squad constantly plundered for talent by NZ's other teams, the Brumbies should've torn strips off them but instead like Jargs said you got out of jail. Saying that we should've beaten the Blues.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I did watch the match. The Brumbies got out of jail
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yep a 19-0 come back and then came back again in the final minute with discipline the win the match...yep they did away what the force couldn't do at home...

The Force were aimless that was the worst thing not that they lost…h Blues were dominate most of the match...

vCash
    discipline? You have to be kidding me? You escaped because of a poor clearence from a kid playing for the Highlanders.

I dare them to give the Crusaders a 19 point start
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    These guys will bounce back big time u watch. Cheatahs will get run off their feet... The force will be up there, Gits hates losing and there is alot of Wallabies playing for their future and alot of talent there.
    Go you good thing...

vCash
    After watching the replay I'm not as sad as I was Friday night. Yes it was ugly, yes it wasn't good enough but there are some positives to come from the match. The backrow and lineout performed pretty much as expected, but we didn't achieve parity at the breakdown let alone the dominance we need. I reckon that's because we didn't get numbers there...two backrowers aren't going to match 5 and 6 of their guys no matter how well they play. Our backline showed some great moves and once the passes stick and the decisions out wide improve (lot looking at anybody Haig) they'll tear apart anybody who presents them a hole.

The good news....passes stick as the season continues, Forwards can get to the breakdown better, they just need to decide to do it....hopefully Mitch has had the opportunity to tear some new assholes in our pack and give our backs some serious handling work, because we can't afford to lose a gimme like the Cheetahs at home!

and like Mudskipper said the better team one a close match, we just weren't the better team this week.

C'mon the

vCash
    the rbumbies did mighty well to come abck after a shocking opening twenty. get out of jail is one thing to say, but they did play with alot of dicipline in the second half to come back twice. they deserved there victory and got it. the same cant be said for the force. they played completely under themselves then seemed to rely on the individual rather than the team for any spark.

vCash
    No... the Brumbies senior players took over the team leadership late in the season and went onto win the championship... The Force group players/assistants/management are attempting to do this from the preseason and won't win this years championship on based fridays form...
    I agree MS and if they play the same way this Friday some one at Rugby WA better have the b#**'s to sort this mess out!
    I was looking forward to the move to ME Stadium but if this is the type of display that's going to be the norm they might as well play down at any local paddock and not charge for admittance.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    If it makes anyone else feel better, the Hurricanes are considered favourites for this year's Super 14 and they lost at home in their first game too. They lost to the Waratahs. At least we didn't lose to the Waratahs.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    but the waratahs are pure awesomeness, the hurricanes had no answers, the force lost the match. there really isnt an excuse to be used. they should have done better, it was a lousy performanace and hopefully they improve from the low standard they set themselves on friday night! they deserve so much better!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    If it makes anyone else feel better, the Hurricanes are considered favourites for this year's Super 14 and they lost at home in their first game too. They lost to the Waratahs. At least we didn't lose to the Waratahs.
    A Hurricanes loss will make a few teams feel better as they are sure to be around the top of the table this year at the business end... Every loss they accrue have will only help OZ teams chances of making the finals...

Hurricanes have the Highlanders this week... Expect them on pummel their little brothers in complete submission...

vCash
    A Hurricanes loss will make a few teams feel better as they are sure to be around the top of the table this year at the business end... Every loss they accrue have will only help OZ teams chances of making the finals...
    I don't think many teams will feel good or bad after week 1. Sure for the teams that won they picked up a win and kudos to those sides obviously they played some good rugby to pick up their wins, teams that lost will know that there is still plenty of Rugby to be played in the next 13 weeks and won't be to down about it.

As a supporter I'm not, sure I was disappointed with our shithouse performance on Friday night, but like I said still plenty of Rugby to be played, 1 week doesn't make a season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    discipline? You have to be kidding me? You escaped because of a poor clearence from a kid playing for the Highlanders.

I dare them to give the Crusaders a 19 point start
    Posted via Mobile Device
    The BRUMBIES can't give the Crusaders one blade of grass... However The Saders were slow to build points against the Chiefs who don't have the best defence... New kid straight out of teh Shaky Isles rugby factory Colin Slade played flyhalf which was interesting, I don't know if Brett is carrying an injury but he was on teh bench... Slade is good...

The BRUMBIES need to work on their defence this week or they'll lose which will suck because I'm doing the road trip this weekend with my NZ buddy and a few mates...

vCash
    I predict a loooooooong drive home for you mud crab.....

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Im looking at a glass half full. Perhaps it was our ugly loss we were going to have for the season. Lets move on and have a nice win on Friday night.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2