Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New approach paying off for Force, says Mitchell

vCash
    GIGS I haven't bought into the whole Mitch issue... The only point I noted in any serious way was he cashed out of firepower well before the players... he looked after his own interests first... that’s all, he can do that its not illegal, however it may have effected his leadership with standing various players... I'll leave it at that… but there is some cause to have an ex –judge employed to investigate past proceedings.

I would rather measure him on team results and on off field squad discipline and recruiting talent to the Force... He has had some success and some failures…

Nevertheless I don’t think it was a good idea to offer him the long-term contract …but its too late now…

Who paid for that banner Burgs posted? Odd thing to do...Perhaps the money would have been better spent by donating it to a local Junior rugby club and just sent a public letter to the paper...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    a few of the members got together for that banner
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Doesn't "THE MEMBERS SUPPORT MITCH"... refer to all the members?

The if that the case it sounds to me like a few members chose to speak on the behalf of all... That’s a bit presumptuous isn’t it?

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Im glad to see Muddy and Dave have the integrity to ignore a story which completely refutes everything they've said.

I will use this story to prove most of what I've been saying. It appears the findings of the inquiry are imminent (if not delivered) and there seems not to be mention of serious misconduct, merely a change in style. OK if Mitch sees the style change a s a good thing and the players can move forward, surely things weren't as bad as some around here were making them out to be!

There's probably a bit of spin in the story, but really you can't spin "I'm getting the sack and I'll be out of here in a fortnight" into "I have made some changes to my style and everbody's on the same page" I have thought ever since Mitch was allowed to take charge of trainings again that the inquiry was more of a publicity measure to show that due process has been followed and take the power out of the media's assertation that Mitch is universally hated!

Possibly it was also a subversive campaign to see how the public felt about the people's coach!
    gigs what would you like us to say? i think it would show a complete lack of integrity to not stick to our prioir assertions.
    The article refutes nothing.
    Its just mitchells own comments.
    If the board of the force or the coaches came out and said, we have settled everything and we are all working together nicely , then we could change our thinking.

i agree with muddy to i dont think it paints a total picture to have the banner saying he is supported by the members. i am sure there are members that have serious misgivings.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The banner was well recieved by all in earshot at the ground.
    To clarify, this was not a TWF initiative and I don't have any idea who funded it.
    I do however obviously agree with it.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Doesn't "THE MEMBERS SUPPORT MITCH"... refer to all the members?

The if that the case it sounds to me like a few members chose to speak on the behalf of all... That’s a bit presumptuous isn’t it?
    Muddy, I sat back during the official 'We hate Mudskipper' posting season because I thought you deserved a fighting chance but its about time to chime in. You are a bit of a knob aren't you?

You just want an excuse to hate John Mitchell. Mitch isn't their dad and you would have had more fire to burn him with if he up and said to all the players "Quick lets all get rid of our hundreds thousands of dollars of shares in the leading sponsor of the Force- that'll make them really happy and everything will be lovely". Perhaps he knew something was dodgy with the company he had his money invested with. Being aware of how your investments are sitting is your responsibility and noone elses. He'd have been even more screwed if he'd said "Look guys take your money out- I'm not sure about it" and it came up trumps.

Secondly not make a banner and donate the money to junior club rugby?! Are you completely mental- tell you what we'll pass that message on if you disconnect your internet and donate your $30 a month to the local Canberra juniors side- ohh wait you'd actually have to be in Canberra to do that. My bad.

Presumptious, no not really. Because anyone with half a brain-cell, as you've clearly proven, can work out that not every member involved in that display. What do you want them to write "Dave Jones, Chris Smith, John Brown and his wife Sally, Mick Taylor and Doug Evans support Mitch"? All those extra letters would be cutting into our funds that we were going to give to junior rugby. RugbyWA can be stupid at times but not stupid enough to think a bunch of people who make a banner speaks for all Force members. Again you just seem to want an excuse to bitch even a weak one like that.

You'll never know if the internal issues are/will be/have been worked out because only the players could tell you that and to do so would mean admitting they had a problem with Mitch and none of them seem to want to do that. Make a decision on that one when they run out on the field on February 13. See if they have the passion.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    The banner was well recieved by all in earshot at the ground.
    To clarify, this was not a TWF initiative and I don't have any idea who funded it.
    I do however obviously agree with it.
    seconded

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Muddy, I sat back during the official 'We hate Mudskipper' posting season because I thought you deserved a fighting chance but its about time to chime in. You are a bit of a knob aren't you?

You just want an excuse to hate John Mitchell. Mitch isn't their dad and you would have had more fire to burn him with if he up and said to all the players "Quick lets all get rid of our hundreds thousands of dollars of shares in the leading sponsor of the Force- that'll make them really happy and everything will be lovely". Perhaps he knew something was dodgy with the company he had his money invested with. Being aware of how your investments are sitting is your responsibility and noone elses. He'd have been even more screwed if he'd said "Look guys take your money out- I'm not sure about it" and it came up trumps.

Presumptious, no not really. Because anyone with half a brain-cell, as you've clearly proven, can work out that not every member involved in that display. What do you want them to write "Dave Jones, Chris Smith, John Brown and his wife Sally, Mick Taylor and Doug Evans support Mitch"? All those extra letters would be cutting into our funds that we were going to give to junior rugby. RugbyWA can be stupid at times but not stupid enough to think a bunch of people who make a banner speaks for all Force members. Again you just seem to want an excuse to bitch even a weak one like that.

You'll never know if the internal issues are/will be/have been worked out because only the players could tell you that and to do so would mean admitting they had a problem with Mitch and none of them seem to want to do that. Make a decision on that one when they run out on the field on February 13. See if they have the passion.
    James you have some very interesting thoughts there.

a simple answer to the banner issue is to say "I" or "we" then it does not represent the members as this said and you would save a whole load of letters.
    What i am not sure on is why so many people are looking to support the coach but not the team. If they are worth supporting then maybe as they are the ones closest to the situation , then maybe they know something we dont.

If they play well it may not have anything to do with thier relationship with the coach in fact maybe in spite of it. ie england 03, brumbies 04.

Why dont we just have some faith in the players and the board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joondalup dave View Post
    gigs what would you like us to say? i think it would show a complete lack of integrity to not stick to our prioir assertions.
    The article refutes nothing.
    Its just mitchells own comments.
    If the board of the force or the coaches came out and said, we have settled everything and we are all working together nicely , then we could change our thinking.
    Can you read?

I specifically praised you for your integrity in my post and then went on to give my opinion, which included that the article was spin.....then explained my opinion of what that spin ACTUALLY means.

Dave you chose to criticise what I said by saying
    a) that you had integrity
    and
    b) that the article was spin

Mate those points are undisputed, the points I am discussing with you are
    a) ALL the players and staff hate Mitchell's guts and his departure is imminent
    and
    b) you actually take note of what people say before you refute it.

I don't belive we're on the same page in that regard!

If you'd like to argue with me over the actual discussion points go for it.....If you'd like to frame an argument based upon points we agree upon, I'm going to have difficulty participating.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    What i am not sure on is why so many people are looking to support the coach but not the team. ...
    We support the team by buying memberships, going to the games, wherever they are, and the members open day, by showing them our support at twf night, petitioning for a proper rectangular stadium, buying the merchandise and generally making noise about the EWF (and TWF if we can).

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    a simple answer to the banner issue is to say "I" or "we" then it does not represent the members as this said and you would save a whole load of letters.
    What i am not sure on is why so many people are looking to support the coach but not the team. If they are worth supporting then maybe as they are the ones closest to the situation , then maybe they know something we dont.

If they play well it may not have anything to do with thier relationship with the coach in fact maybe in spite of it. ie england 03, brumbies 04.

Why dont we just have some faith in the players and the board.

Dave, you seem to be in the "know". But the use of "I" and "we" is always open to speculation.

For example, this whole vote of no confidence in John Mitchell.

Was it a letter to the board of RWA saying -

"We the undersigned have no confidence in John Mitchell and want him sacked"

OR

An "employee climate survey" saying -

The coach seeks and values the perspective of staff members.
    The coach shares his values, priorities and sense of mission.
    The Coach is accessible to me.
    The Coach responds in a timely manner to my questions and concerns.
    The coach involves me in determining performance goals.

Score 0-10 where 0 means you totally dissagree and 10 totally agree.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    For the record I dont hate my old mate Muddie - I think he is just a fisherman with a poor choice of bait and tackle.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    For the record I dont hate my old mate Muddie - I think he is just a fisherman with a poor choice of bait and tackle.

Well neither do I, I just find his take on this particular matter entirely frustrating.

Dave in this matter you can support both the team and the coach. It's not one or the other. Only the coach seems to be the embattled party here which is why we are talknig about him.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    as supporters of the club, do you actually care who the coach is?
    your not running the team, its like playing the player and not the ball!

this article is positive pr by a man trying to keep his job, its good to hear the players and staff are being professional and working together, you have a very good squad this year and if your front row can hold it together you should be finals contenders.

but if the story is true that, players and staff issued the vote of no confidence, then mitchells management threatened legal action to have him kept on full duties, then there really isnt a were all happy now moment, it might be a few players, it might be mitch, but in these situations usually something gives!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast