Thread: Giteau to decide by weekend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    sorry, i thought you were one of the 'west coast victims'
    no they snort coke and play a stupid game

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Then the other east coast journos will join in and say Gits left because of same said problems and we told you so a year ago when he didnt sign the long term contract.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    SO I am pretty confident that if the Brumbies offer is remotely close to what Force + 3rd parties off then Gits is GONE and the East Coast Press will have a field day.

vCash
    once again the blatant insecurity from some of you force supporters is incredibly funny, i believe i have posted a thread before proving that this stigma of the 'eastern state media' and there war against the Force is incorrect.

grow up already.
    easy tiger!!

vCash
    I agree with Gerry...my money is on him leaving...without being a complete pessimist...

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    I actually think the West article paints this in a more positive light, and, having been isolated by a plane flight and family stuff for the last couple of days, I'm beginning to think that the friday deadline set by a third party sponsor isn't all a bad thing. It certainly makes sure we get plenty of notice of what his plans are and can therefore manage the succession a bit better, rather than possibly having another season beset by issues and have young Matty decide at the end of it all "well it's not for me I'm off back to Canberra" leaving the team with no possibility of replacing him in the short term.

We have a marquee pick available, we have a development pick available, we have Jimmy O'Connor to Schmooze with the promise of some game time and a shitload of money. Better to spend the year sorting out those sorts of issues than working a whole year on keeping Gits which is (let's face it) not really something we have all that much control over!

Phew!

C'mon the

vCash
    Dan Carter to replace Gits in 2010!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
    Dan Carter to replace Gits in 2010!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Braith Anasta (Ducks for cover)

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Bring back Joey, he'd fit right in to WA social life...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Braith Anasta (Ducks for cover)

Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    ...the blatant insecurity from some of you force supporters is incredibly funny, i believe i have posted a thread before proving that this stigma of the 'eastern state media' and there war against the Force is incorrect.
    You have, you are not the only one, and on several occasions I have been in agreement regarding the tendency to over-sensitivity. But it can be hard to write it off as paranoia when, in this instance, Dave Hughes writes:

"...the fly-half asking to be paid in full the amount due from Firepower before he considers extending his stay...[Giteau] had warned possible courses of action included seeking an immediate release if his requirements were not met..."I'd be surprised and disappointed if it comes to that," Force chief executive Greg Harris said yesterday. "Matt's a person of good character and I'd like to think he would honour his contract with the Force and our fans. He's a fantastic player who is adored by the supporters and we'd like to think he will maintain his role. We've done all we can to mitigate his losses in a very difficult economic time, which indicates the value we place on him. We consider him integral to our viability."

and the SMH manages to turn this into:

"The West Australian reports that Giteau wants to be paid the full amount owed under his contract before he considers staying at the franchise.

"I'd be surprised and disappointed if it came to that," Force chief executive Greg Harris told the West Australian. "We consider him integral to our viability."

I would have said there has been a clear change of meaning in the mis-quote, and it is very unflattering to the Force and Greg Harris. Interesting too that the West is specifically referenced twice in two sentences - I'd be surprised if either Dave Hughes or the West would be happy.

As an aside, while your point about the SMH not being the whole East Coast, it would probably carry more weight if every Fairfax newspaper (including the Brisbane Times and The Age) didn't direct everyone to Rugbyheaven for news on Union.

vCash
    Still reckon he'll stay - reckon that RugbyWa have been more than fair with Matt - can't really see what the Brumbies can give him in the longer term - cause he'll be stuck behind Mortlock and Smith for the captaincy - and he gets to live closer to Grumbles - how many pies can a human endure !

Good to see the on the back page of the West - Dave Hughes has done another brilliant job in telling us the truth - wish it was Pocock's Debut for the Wallabies on the back page though !

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5