Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I may follow Gaz: Thurston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Basicly BLT admits that Rugby League talent is better with that statement. I see a problem for union if they have to keep raiding League for players in the longterm
    Posted via Mobile Device
    No, there is just alot of players that will deepen the rugby union playing pool, it's all a game of numbers. Plus the structure they set up in thier clubs could be usurped to give union an existing framework for a national competition, with a few tweaks of course.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    I hate the game because it's shit!!! Not something that happened 100 years ago.

Why do I have to keep defending Union on a rugby union site???
    Calm down Welshy. I feel the same about league. There is no problem venting and many of us do it from time to time and all the time. At the end of it though, there is a good number too who like both codes without reservation, and others who simply like all sports (including AFL..shame on them).

My point is be rest assured that those who sign up on TWF do sign up because they are lovers of Rugby--a good majority are Western Force supporters and then there is The Others but none the less Rugby Rules Here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Calm down Welshy. I feel the same about league.
    Good points KQ. Even those of us who like RL are firstly RU supporters. Any of these "discussions" that have appeared here from time to time (and I've been in all of 'em ) have not been about the merits of either game as compared to each other. At least not on my part. That would be a pointless pissing contest and I wouldn't wast my time, even if it's really the boss's mostly. It's been about the merits of the "converts" and whether they are good enough.

It's only recently turned to why RL and it's players and evidently, at some RU Club in the UK, even their wives are despised because of it's history.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Most RU supports will watch the league because you get it on free to air tv, and it is better than watching aerial ping pong!!!!

ALL BLACKS - STRENGTH OF 15

vCash
    thats something that will hamper Rugby and thats the lack of FTA exposure. Sure when the test season the games are on C7 (everywhere around the world except Perth) but no Super 14 exposure on FTA hurts Rugby, all the other sports have that coverage, even Water Polo has more on ETA then Rugby (for those who watch SBS)
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    My point is that I dislike the way players just suddenly decide they want to switch codes and play one or the other. I guess club loyalty is a thing of the past in this day and age. If I'm a dinasour then I don't give a rats but men used to play for the love of the game, now it's for the love of money. I guess I'm just old school on the switching codes thing.

The rugby league footy show is dedicating a whole show next week as to whats going wrong with the game, so their must be some concerns somewhere.

vCash
    My point is that I dislike the way players just suddenly decide they want to switch codes and play one or the other. I guess club loyalty is a thing of the past in this day and age. If I'm a dinasour then I don't give a rats but men used to play for the love of the game, now it's for the love of money. I guess I'm just old school on the switching codes thing.

The rugby league footy show is dedicating a whole show next week as to whats going wrong with the game, so their must be some concerns somewhere.
    I assume your not a fan of Brad Thorn then, he seems to jump from game to game at random.

So long as that opinion is a two way street as in you frown when mungos come to union as well.

Every sport has it's problems so I don't see a big deal with the Footy Show doing a show on it, better then sticking their heads in the sand and pretending their not there (like a certain cross country basketball code seems to do alot)
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I assume your not a fan of Brad Thorn then, he seems to jump from game to game at random.

So long as that opinion is a two way street as in you frown when mungos come to union as well.

Every sport has it's problems so I don't see a big deal with the Footy Show doing a show on it, better then sticking their heads in the sand and pretending their not there (like a certain cross country basketball code seems to do alot)
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I didn't even know what a mungo was until I came onto this site. I just grew up in a place where league was never considered an option, it was only union. I guess that's where my die hard union attitude comes from. I watch the league footy show and they hate union, I think I prefer that someone is as passionate about league as I am about union. If someone likes watching both codes then thats fine, I don't have a problem with that. I like talking to people who hate union and love their league, I love the passion for the game no matter what the code. Just don't anyone ever try and tell me why GAYFL is better than rugby, either code.

Champion
    vCash
    hay league boys must be doing something right, 5 of the wallabies backmens this week are league converts, and I may be stepping out of line but didn't gits play league before making the switch to rugby in high school ?

Thurston is heads and shoulders better than gaznier, If John O'Neil and the French teams continue to open there cheque books they are going to be plenty more players coming across including Sonny bill in a years time when his contract is finished with the bullies

vCash
    I didn't even know what a mungo was until I came onto this site. I just grew up in a place where league was never considered an option, it was only union. I guess that's where my die hard union attitude comes from. I watch the league footy show and they hate union, I think I prefer that someone is as passionate about league as I am about union. If someone likes watching both codes then thats fine, I don't have a problem with that. I like talking to people who hate union and love their league, I love the passion for the game no matter what the code. Just don't anyone ever try and tell me why GAYFL is better than rugby, either code.
    Don't get me wrong, i respect your passion and wish loyalty in sport was as common as it used to be. I grew up in the Blue Mountains in NSW, 4 years in Perth the Western Sydney where League was the main game. I went to primary school here in Perth with a few of the Goodwin boys (Shasta knows who they are) and Western Sydney it's all League. I took it upon myself to learn Union after seeing a few tests when i was younger.

Both games have different skills that are important, from what i've heard, people in the Northern Hemisphere don't like the ELV's because their worried they will turn the game into League. I don't feel this is the case because the ELV's showed that a set piece, scrum and line out are still very important. Where as League is more unstructured and relys on individual brilliance more, and it is more of a man on man contest.

I love both games and say a hearty "here here" to the last line of your post.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Jargan, may need your help with Bronx who isn't looking all the best with the raiders at the moment...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Jargan, may need your help with Bronx who isn't looking all the best with the raiders at the moment...
    I doubt he will remember me, but yes the lad is in a spot of trouble at the moment
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Jargen, where you with Leon also at school ? Aranmore or J.W. ?

vCash
    nah thist was years ago, i think Bronx was the only one i went to primary school with, i think he was a year or 2 below me. He had 2 younger brothers as well, but then names elude me, Bryce and Greyson i think (sorry i'm not much help remembering my earliest years hasn't been easy since my stroke)
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Don't get me wrong, i respect your passion and wish loyalty in sport was as common as it used to be. I grew up in the Blue Mountains in NSW, 4 years in Perth the Western Sydney where League was the main game. I went to primary school here in Perth with a few of the Goodwin boys (Shasta knows who they are) and Western Sydney it's all League. I took it upon myself to learn Union after seeing a few tests when i was younger.

Both games have different skills that are important, from what i've heard, people in the Northern Hemisphere don't like the ELV's because their worried they will turn the game into League. I don't feel this is the case because the ELV's showed that a set piece, scrum and line out are still very important. Where as League is more unstructured and relys on individual brilliance more, and it is more of a man on man contest.

I love both games and say a hearty "here here" to the last line of your post.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yeah I can see you and Shasta like your league and thats cool it's just not for me. Too many days in South Wales has burned the passion for union in me, plus the injection of it your given on the delivery table at birth.

Your Northern Hemisphere ELV's comment was very true, they are worried about it becoming like league. I've said in many forums that Aussies don't understand the hatred between the two codes over there. Over here they seem to blend a bit more, it is very different over there and it's an "Us V's Them" mentallity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast