Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Henjack On The Way To France

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    one mistake is fine, two mistakes is easy to do..

but henjak was constantly screwing up, the fight with sare, the alcahol incident in RSA, the fight with Liam Omera...how many more are there that we dont know of?

open your eyes, if this bloke was playing for NSW you would be saying the same as what i am.
    We're not saying he's an angel!

No matter what Super14 team he plays for, I'm quite certain I'd say the same thing.

Reality is people from all walks of life have problems, his were played out in public, now he's paying for it. I'm sure he's not the only person to have 'issues' like these and he won't be the last.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    well we arent talking about other people, im talking about henjak being a disgrace to the game.

yes people have issues, and i am sympathetic to there cause, but he had the chance to redeem himself and he just screwed up again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    well we arent talking about other people, im talking about henjak being a disgrace to the game.

yes people have issues, and i am sympathetic to there cause, but he had the chance to redeem himself and he just screwed up again.
    The first incident was when he threw some ice, well good god, surely he would NEVER redeem himself from that....he punched a bloke out, get over it.

vCash
    But don't worry TOCC he will be back and playing super 14 and hopefully in the future pulling on a Wallaby jumper again. He was still a good player close to the best the Country had to offer at the time. His lesson in life is he as to live with what he as done and the old saying goes WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    The first incident was when he threw some ice, well good god, surely he would NEVER redeem himself from that....he punched a bloke out, get over it.
    Thats the story they sold us, but he was the first Wallaby in how long to be sent home from tour? He is a disgrace, I'm sure he was a petulant wanker and never appreciated the talent he was gifted but wasted. Played the odd good game but for the Force he was our worst back in almost every game he played. Terrible player and terrible bloke, O'Young should have been starting half back for the first 2 seasons, he would be a Wallaby by now if he had been. I'lll never understand the selection processes in Aussie rugby, Henjack had to start because he was a big money signing, pity he was never worth a cent of it. Alchol problems? If he was a good bloke he would have risen above any personal problems to use the talent and oppertunity he was given, talent and oppertunity thousands of other guys could only dream of.

vCash
    prop, in all honesty, i doubt very much if he'll pull on a wallaby jersey again, dont get me wrong i wish him all the best in europe but his chances of getting an ARU contract again are very slim.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turban View Post
    Thats the story they sold us, but he was the first Wallaby in how long to be sent home from tour? He is a disgrace, I'm sure he was a petulant wanker and never appreciated the talent he was gifted but wasted. Played the odd good game but for the Force he was our worst back in almost every game he played. Terrible player and terrible bloke, O'Young should have been starting half back for the first 2 seasons, he would be a Wallaby by now if he had been. I'lll never understand the selection processes in Aussie rugby, Henjack had to start because he was a big money signing, pity he was never worth a cent of it.
    I will defend Henjak's playing ability. He is an awesome player and well deserving of a Wallabies jersey for his playing talent. Its you're opinion and you're entitiled to it but I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Turban
    Alchol problems? If he was a good bloke he would have risen above any personal problems to use the talent and oppertunity he was given, talent and oppertunity thousands of other guys could only dream of.
    It must be nice up on the moral high ground. Many good people can have problems, e is not the first nor last person to have an alcohol problem and we can't possibly know what lead him to having such a problem, whether he had personal issues or is just a bloke who liked to have a good time and it got out of control.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    I will defend Henjak's playing ability. He is an awesome player and well deserving of a Wallabies jersey for his playing talent. Its you're opinion and you're entitiled to it but I disagree.

It must be nice up on the moral high ground. Many good people can have problems, e is not the first nor last person to have an alcohol problem and we can't possibly know what lead him to having such a problem, whether he had personal issues or is just a bloke who liked to have a good time and it got out of control.
    Henjak had a horrible pass, made terrible decisions and was never a threat with ball in hand. He had problems, everyone does, you get handed an oppertunity to play for the Wallabies you don't act like a dickhead and stuff it up, you do everything you can to stay in the squad. He was given every oppertunity and he wasted them all, how can you say he is a good bloke when presented with that evidence.

I don't know anyone who has found him approachable or thinks he is a good player. I will never understand the blind devotion to the Force players on this site, some of them are/were just plain shit.

vCash
    I can say that he is a good bloke because I have met him.
    I can say that he is a good bloke because many a good person has issues, just not all as public nor alcohol related.
    I can say that he is approachable because I have approached him and he has been willing to chat.
    I can understand the blind devotion because this is a Force supporters site.
    I can understand blind devotion because thats what fans do.

I can also say that I was disappointed with his behaviour, but I can understand because I know there is more to the story than what was portrayed or publicised.

Most importantly I can acknowledge that he deserves privacy and respect as any person does and it is his problem and he needs to deal with it.

vCash
    Does anyone even know why he chipped Haig Sare? Maybe he was cutting Henjaks grass. I would have hit him too, team mate or not. I'm only speculating I have no idea why he did hit him I just thought maybe one of you guys did.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    If he can keep his behaviour in check, learn from his bad experiences and mature a lot in the next two years I don't see why the ARU shouldn't give him a second chance. Players have done worse things than he has in the past, hell I consider two English players double teaming an 18 year old while two others watched to be a hell of a lot worse than anything I'm aware Henjak has done and their punishment was laughable.
    Besides if people were never given the opportunity to redeem themselves and atone for past misdeeds what would be a the point of prison? If that were the case it would be easier just to feed prisoners through a giant blender and use them as fertaliser.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    I can say that he is a good bloke because I have met him.
    I can say that he is a good bloke because many a good person has issues, just not all as public nor alcohol related.
    I can say that he is approachable because I have approached him and he has been willing to chat.
    I can understand the blind devotion because this is a Force supporters site.
    I can understand blind devotion because thats what fans do.

I can also say that I was disappointed with his behaviour, but I can understand because I know there is more to the story than what was portrayed or publicised.

Most importantly I can acknowledge that he deserves privacy and respect as any person does and it is his problem and he needs to deal with it.

No offence but I can see why he would come across as a good bloke to a girl, two of my mates have 'met' him and found he had no interest in chatting to us male fans. Plenty of other Aussie players have taken time to talk to me and these guys and they are nothing but adoring fans so I take their word. Maybe he was drunk or something when my mates met him?

Still he's a terrible scrum half.

vCash
    No offence but I can see why he would come across as a good bloke to a girl, two of my mates have 'met' him and found he had no interest in chatting to us male fans. Plenty of other Aussie players have taken time to talk to me and these guys and they are nothing but adoring fans so I take their word. Maybe he was drunk or something when my mates met him?

Still he's a terrible scrum half.
    He was great this day, had a good chat with him. Not long after this photo was taken my young fella got diagnosed with brain cancer. Get on board if the one off colour change of the Forces jumper happens next year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

vCash
    Thats the story they sold us, but he was the first Wallaby in how long to be sent home from tour? He is a disgrace, I'm sure he was a petulant wanker and never appreciated the talent he was gifted but wasted. Played the odd good game but for the Force he was our worst back in almost every game he played. Terrible player and terrible bloke, O'Young should have been starting half back for the first 2 seasons, he would be a Wallaby by now if he had been. I'lll never understand the selection processes in Aussie rugby, Henjack had to start because he was a big money signing, pity he was never worth a cent of it. Alchol problems? If he was a good bloke he would have risen above any personal problems to use the talent and oppertunity he was given, talent and oppertunity thousands of other guys could only dream of.
    Oh wow, get off your high horse. Do you honestly think that with the dirt SMH was digging against us during the Henjak saga they wouldn't have used this South African incident to further condemn Henjak?

O'Young is a decent passer but he showed in 2007 (a very good season for Henjak may I add) that he doesn't have the defensive skills that Henjak has. Worst back in every game? What games did you watch, the ones where he didn't play? He had a poor 2006 but his 2007 was very good and his ARC season was outstanding, he matured as a player on the field and if the incident hadn't happened would have been wearing Wallaby gold most likely. Pity he is such a rubbish player like you say though....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    He was great this day, had a good chat with him. Not long after this photo was taken my young fella got diagnosed with brain cancer. Get on board if the one off colour change of the Forces jumper happens next year.
    that is a great photo. I am a huge fan of Henjak's and i think he was the best scrummy for the Force and Wallabies. Such a nice guy (not "intoxicated") and always willing to chat and have photos and sign stuff

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast