Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition Management

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I've read a few things in the newspapers that said at that meeting between the government, AFL and WAFC, the government had ALLEDGEDLY agreed to so 14 point proposal that included operating rights. The AEL wants to run the stadium itself for 6 months to demonstrate they can do it full time. ALLEDGEDLY of course, the west couldnt or wouldnt confirm it
    This needs sorting as we are claiming on weneedcorners that they have been offered operating rights. Glad it's not in the wording of the petition. I'm at work tomorrow but I'll try to get confirmation. For now I'll PM Egan and see if he can give us an answer.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    WNC (We Need Corners - A Rectangular Stadium For Perth!) front page updated.

BTW - it is OK to post both here and at WNC, but we really should start populating the forums over there also so that new comers have something to view and read...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Gigs I don't disagree with you, but I don't want to be spouting off that the WAFC have been handed control (in violation of the the taskforce recommendations) if they haven't. I checked some old posts and it looks like the exact wording was:
    Nope I agree with you...we don't want false information to be linked with the petition, that's why I'm in the middle of writing a response to the Langoulant Report, whic....you are quite correct, does call for Independent administration, but still has issues for rugby, even if every recommendation was implemented verbatim.

I am yet to track down the press release on the Demetriou statement, this is where I thought the WAFC operating rights thing came from....I'd recommend playing this down until we're sure it's right. We don't really need to use this argument anyway, even under independent control, there is a tension between Football and S14 rugby if they share this facility. The report seems to have a subtext of S14 games being hosted at the White Elephant, therefore this tension will need to be managed by the independent Authority....Someone is going to lose, and I'm not confident it'll be the sport with 24000 followers over the sport with 40000 followers!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Is this what you were looking for??

» AUSTADIUMS.COM NEWS / Tuesday 18th December 2007
    Perth gets go-ahead for new stadium

Australian Stadiums :: Perth gets go-ahead for new stadium
    AFL chief Andrew Demetriou has helped break a deadlock on the development of a new 60,000-seat stadium in Perth.

The government has indicated it wants to build a new $850 million stadium at either Kitchener Park or East Perth, but the West Australian Football Commission has said it preferred the refurbishment of Subiaco Oval.

A deal was finally brokered after a day-long meeting on Tuesday that included Mr Demetriou, WA Sports Minister John Kobelke and WA Football Commissioner Neale Fong, ending months of stalemate.

The Football Commission agreed in principle to relinquish its lease on Subiaco Oval, clearing the way for the development of the new stadium.

Mr Demetriou and Mr Kobelke said it had been agreed the best solution was to build a new multi-purpose stadium, giving the AFL priority use.

"We all support the building of a 60,000-seat stadium in this state and we all support the fact that football won't be worse off, " Mr Demetriou told reporters.

To alleviate the WA Football Commission's concern that it would lose revenue if it had to relocate to a new stadium, the government has agreed to recompense it for any losses under the deal.

"We've been able to assure football in Western Australia, both the clubs and the Football Commission and grassroots football, that it will not be worse off through the construction of a major stadium," Mr Kobelke said.

The state government will decide on the location of the new stadium.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    that article still gets me fuming...

vCash
    I'm going to print off a couple of these for when i go to see my local MP

vCash
    I'm looking fo rthe 14 points......and hope to get some response or detail on the Government's exact answer to each of them.

And when you find Quotes like this in your search, do you think the WAFC aren't playing Hardball!

Wayne Bradshaw said "Bradshaw also said AFL would fight to maintain its dominance of a market that includes Super 14 rugby union side Western Force and A-League team Perth Glory." Here

OK, It appears we've possibly jumped to a conclusion here. Everything I see on the renegotiation with Demetriou has referred to "Financial compensation" and "priority use" but I haven't found any mention of Operating Rights. It seems that the WAFC might have relinquished that point. I'd suggest we change 'Operating Rights' in our argument to 'Priority use' It really is a dog of a different haircut...Priority use agreements don't change the final implementation of scheduling, do you really think the priority tenant will be ignored if they make a complaint that the turf needs to not be disturbed 24 hours before their tenancy for player safety? I would suggest that even I as a mad keen rugby fan would take the easiest solution to that problem which is to avoid converting it to a rectangle whenver there will be a conflict!

Has anybody even thought that the "Financial Compensation" that WAFC gains for losing their Subiaco Oval lease is likely to include compensation for the leasing component that RugbyWA pays for use of Subi? We might be paying the WAFC rent on a stadium they don't even operate!

Last edited by GIGS20; 03-03-08 at 09:41.
    C'mon the

vCash
    On the bright side, I now have my sister chasing signatures up in Karratha

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Has anybody even thought that the "Financial Compensation" that WAFC gains for losing their Subiaco Oval lease is likely to include compensation for the leasing component that RugbyWA pays for use of Subi? We might be paying the WAFC rent on a stadium they don't even operate!
    Surely not, that wouldn't be in the government compensation would it? Is it considered as mainstream income for the WAFC?

Last edited by jargan83; 03-03-08 at 10:48.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    On the bright side, I now have my sister chasing signatures up in Karratha

She might like to get in contact with the boys from the Karratha Roosters and Broncos. Ask if she can give them some copies to circulate too. She'll most likely find them propping up the bar after training at the Karratha Sports & Recreation Club or selling chook raffles on Friday arvos............or so I've heard

vCash
    Cheers for the tip Shasta

Which of the local union clubs do we have contacts for? I was thinking of going down to ARKS and up to Kalamunda to drop off petitions (won' dop it if there are already people from here at above clubs)

vCash
    WEST Australians will finally get a sporting venue capable of hosting world-class events but the West Coast Eagles will need a new home after the state Government announced it will build a $1.1billion stadium.Quote From: Here
    Awww poor Eagles. Just out of curiosity, were is RugbyWAs new home going to be when they demolish Perry Lakes? WAFC might give us a locker room prehaps

Go The Force!

vCash
    Were moving down to new facilities at challenge stadium aren't we?? (at least the admin and training side of things??)

vCash
    What is supposed to end up happening to Subiaco oval?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    What is supposed to end up happening to Subiaco oval?
    It will operate while the new stadium is built in a horse shoe shape....once that is complete Subi will be demolished and the horseshoe stadium will be used while the new stand is built where the bit of Subi used to be....

vCash
    Final architects drawings show parkland to the west of KPark, so it'll be pulled down!

C'mon the

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast