Thread: Warringah hit form against Easts

vCash

Warringah hit form against Easts

On the weekend I amanged to catch the Warringah v East's game on ABC 3, anumber of Force players were involved, Richard Stanford captaining Easts, Pek Cowan, Luke Holmes, Haig sare and Brett Sheehan for Waringah.

The good thing to se was Brett Sheehan taking the kicks, it looks like we may have a back up kicker to Shepperd who i suspect will be the main kicker in 2010.

Here the report from Rugby Heaven:

The Rats were also boosted by the return of two Super 14 halfbacks in Brett Sheehan, who excelled in the No. 9 strip, and Josh Holmes, who played at inside centre.

The win, by two tries to one, soothed the pain of their previous game at Woollahra Oval last season - where they had a potentially match-winning try denied in the elimination final.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    How did my mate Brent Murphy go?!? He was starting 6 for Warringah, was in the force squad pre season but they kept him in the academy due to the amount of locks already in the main squad... He always keeps it very modest, but i rate him as a player for sure!!

vCash
    Josh Holmes inside centre sounds interesting... His scrum game struggled at S14 level however he is a good quick ball runner so 12 maybe the way forward for Josh... I'll keep an eye one that... He used to play for Eastwood so I guess he has moved clubs?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Josh Holmes inside centre sounds interesting... His scrum game struggled at S14 level however he is a good quick ball runner so 12 maybe the way forward for Josh... I'll keep an eye one that... He used to play for Eastwood so I guess he has moved clubs?
    Linked up with brother Luke.

I watched the second half of that match (guide said WAFL was on ). Can't speak for Brent but I know Pek Cowan was MOM. Sheehan was certainly enthusiatic around the field.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Was not aware of Brent's link if I knew I would have kept a closer look out.

J Holmes and Haig did well in the centres and Pek was all over the park and really stood out, seems wallaby call up has given him added confidence, Richard Stanford also had a good game at number eight for easts and had a nice war wound to show, with his head banadaged by the end.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Just if Easts still had Rathbone...
    (i played easts colts last season, so even if Warringah had a bunch of Force players i gotta go for easts...)

Yeah Mitchell

vCash
    Rathbone is playing in the John I Dent Cup in the ACT for Uni-Norths... H e said earlier this year he would play in the ACt after the S14 to help build the local talent and comp... A number of Brumbies did this year...

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Yep, just like the Force players are.