From correspondents in Wellington, New Zealand
August 10, 2009 World class fly half Dan Carter has been recalled to the All Blacks squad for the remainder of their Tri-Nations campaign six months after suffering a torn Achilles tendon.
Carter has played in domestic games over the past three weeks and declared himself fit to return to international duty.

"He is a key member of the All Blacks, has recovered well from his injury and has made a great return to rugby so now is the right time to bring him back into the squad,'' coach Graham Henry said.

The 27-year-old Carter, rated the world's best pivot, was injured playing for the French side Perpignan against Stade Francais in February while on a New Zealand Rugby Union-sanctioned break from Super 14 duties.

In his absence, the All Blacks have won only three of six matches so far this year, including successive losses to South Africa, and are in danger of losing their four-year grip on the Tri Nations crown.

Replacement No.10 Stephen Donald has proved inconsistent as Carter's understudy, and the All Blacks will be hoping their star backline general will give them a much-needed boost

After scoring all of Canterbury's points in their 22-16 win over Auckland in a New Zealand provincial match at the weekend, the 59-Test fly half declared himself ready to return to the All Blacks.

"Obviously I haven't got that many games under the belt, but each week I'm feeling more comfortable. If I'm asked to play I'll be keen and ready to go. Getting back in the black jersey has been what I'm working towards.''

Carter will rejoin the All Blacks at a one-day training camp on Wednesday and the full squad will reassemble in Sydney on Sunday to prepare for their next Tri-Nations Test against Australia on August 22.

Agence France-Presse

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-32464,00.html