Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just for Burgs - Controlling Dingo Population

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Just for Burgs - Controlling Dingo Population

The Australian Government and the NSW Forestry Service were presenting an alternative to NSW sheep farmers for controlling the dingo population.

It seems that after years of the sheep farmers using the tried and true methods of shooting and/or trapping the predators, the Labor Government (Peter Garrett - Environmental Minister), the NSW Forestry Service and the Greens tree-huggers had a 'more humane' solution.

What they proposed was for the animals to be captured alive, the males would then be castrated and let loose again. Therefore the population would be controlled.

This was ACTUALLY proposed to the NSW Sheep farmers Association and Farming Association by the Federal Government and the NSW Forestry Service.

All of the sheep farmers thought about this amazing idea for a couple of minutes. Finally, one of the old boys in the back of the conference room stood up, tipped his hat back and said, “Mr Garrett, son, I don't think you understand our problem. Those dingos ain't fuckin' our sheep - they're eatin' 'em.'”

You should have been there to hear the roar of laughter as Mr Peter Garrett and the members of the NSW Forestry Service , the Greens and the other "tree huggers" left the meeting very "sheepishly".

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Who wants to be humane anyway?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I like how they are trying to find a "humane" way to do in canetoads.

A 2 iron always seemed pretty quick to me.

vCash
    Hmm there is nothing like a bit of plain talking to bring the beaucrats down to size ...

on an aside I thought that dropping baits loaded with the pill was an effective means of controlling vermin

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I like how they are trying to find a "humane" way to do in canetoads.

Could just about send them back to QLD with it too.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post

on an aside I thought that dropping baits loaded with the pill was an effective means of controlling vermin
    As long as the pill is full of 1080.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Beat me to it flamer

C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Until you can tell me the date, place and time of the meeting, and can name those present for verification purposes, I'll call this for what it is, Liberal Party bullshit propaganda and false information which has no place on this site.

I get so pissed off with Young Lib. spam emails infesting my computer, including this one.

And Happy Birthday by the way.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I found the authorative source, Fulvio:

http://www.goofball.com/jokes/facts/...mment_id=35788 although I think Peter Garrett was still fronting Midnight Oil back in 2000 when it was published ...

Quote Originally Posted by Some other Website
    A few years ago a group of tree-huggers was presenting an alternative to the ranchers for controlling the coyote population.

It seemed that, after years of the ranchers using the tried and true methods of shooting and/or trapping the predators, the tree-huggers had a "more humane" solution. What they proposed was for the animals to be captured alive, then castrate the males, then let them loose again, and then the population would be controlled.

I, kid you not, this was ACTUALLY proposed to the Wyoming Wool and Sheep Grower's association.

Well, all the ranchers thought about this amazing idea. Finally, a old boy in the back stood up, kicked his hat back and said: "Son, I don' think you understand the problem. These coyotes ain't fuckin' our sheep, they're eating them!!"
    I kid you not!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    sheep growers dont have ranches,they have stations
    not that the yanks would know

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Regardless of the origin of the article/anecdote/joke/propaganda, wild dogs remain a multi million dollar problem for the country and do horific things to domestic and native animals, being one of the few Australian predators that kill for sport.
    It is a very real and ongoing issue in rural areas and recently a mine worker in the Pilbara was attacked by a dog, raising the stakes for that industry under duty of care type concerns as well.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Agree with you dogs are not wanted and now working on a station so close to towns and having 2 nieghbouring stations owned by Calm dogs are causing havic here people just dump dogs in the rural areas and next thing you have a pack and they are killing our wildlife and domestic animals.. Bring in the bounty hunters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Hmmmmm. Maybe more like a 12 guage. Many, many years ago I was helping my uncle put a septic (among other jobs) in the house he was building in Mission Beach. Arrived in the morning and found a big ugly one sitting in the sand at the bottom of the tank. Hit him real hard and square in the middle of the back with a long handle shovel and flipped him out. A little later when I'd got the tank level I jumped out and the bugger was hopping and flopping away. Couldn't believe it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Hmmmmm. Maybe more like a 12 guage. Many, many years ago I was helping my uncle put a septic (among other jobs) in the house he was building in Mission Beach. Arrived in the morning and found a big ugly one sitting in the sand at the bottom of the tank. Hit him real hard and square in the middle of the back with a long handle shovel and flipped him out. A little later when I'd got the tank level I jumped out and the bugger was hopping and flopping away. Couldn't believe it.

they are resilient.
    spraypaint doesnt seem to work on them either; you just have pink and blue ones hopping around when you're on nightshift. makes it easier to aim the wheels at them though. or easier to spot when they are being used as baseballs

vCash
    That's a bloody big baseball!

C'mon the

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast