Thread: Quade Cooper faces uneasy welcome when he returns to Wallabies, Greg Clark and Brenda

vCash

Quade Cooper faces uneasy welcome when he returns to Wallabies, Greg Clark and Brenda

Nowhere to hide ... Several Wallabies veterans may take a while to forgive Cooper. Source:AP

Injured Wallabies playmaker Quade Cooper faces a frosty reception when he eventually returns to the national fold, Fox Sports rugby commentators Greg Clark and Brendan Cannon say.

Cooper on Wednesday received a $60,000 fine, $20,000 of which is suspended, and a suspended three-match ban for his public outbursts about the Wallabies, coach Robbie Deans and the Australian Rugby Union.
    The New Zealand-born No.10 appeared repentant following the marathon four-hour hearing at ARU HQ in Sydney, offering his apologies to supporters.
    But Clark wasn’t convinced Cooper’s Wallabies teammates would be all that quick to forgive, saying comments about refusing the gold jersey had struck a chord throughout the squad.
    "That’s going to be the big question," Clark told Fox Sports News when asked what reaction Cooper could expect from his teammates.
    "I know that players like Drew Mitchell certainly didn’t jump on board and pat him on the back when he made those initial comments saying that there was a toxic environment in the Wallabies camp.
    "And when he did say that he probably would have turned down the opportunity to wear Wallaby gold – that didn’t go down too well.
    "And that’s probably the statement that got him into the hot water with his teammates.
    "So he’s going to have to certainly make it up and the best way to do that I guess is to get his body right and focus on getting back into the Reds’ training system and back into the Wallabies in 2013."
    Clark’s fellow Fox Sports rugby commentator, former Wallabies hooker Cannon, agreed with the severity of Cooper’s fine but was disappointed part of it had been suspended.
    Cannon also said the Queensland Reds fan favourite would have lost significant bargaining power in his ongoing contract negotiations with the ARU.
    "It’s (the punishment) extremely severe but also what Quade did was also an extremely severe act of ill-discipline," Cannon told Fox Sports News.
    "He hasn’t re-signed, I believe, with the Australian Rugby Union at this point. So from a bargaining or a negotiation perspective he’s given up his rights effectively.
    "And he’s questioned everything about the Wallaby fabric – the jersey, the players that he’s played with, Robbie Deans and the coaching staff.
    "He’s brought the whole thing into the spotlight for all the negative reasons so whilst it is a significant fine I don’t get how a portion of it can be suspended."
    The former Reds, NSW Waratahs and Western Force rake also said Cooper faced an uphill battle to win back the Wallabies No.10 jersey.
    "They’ll always say that it won’t affect future chances (of selection) but he’s got an enormous challenge to win back the respect of the Wallaby group that he’s offended so terribly," he said.
    "And if you were the coach of a team that one of the players has come out and said there’s a toxic environment; well isn’t that reflected upon the environment that you create?
    "So one would say that unless he has a sublime season next year with the Queensland Reds; I think you’ve already seen this year that Kurtley Beale and James O’Connor and alike are pretty good options or alternatives at fly half.
    "So Quade’s gone from the space of the 12 months being this unbelievable rugby talent, and he still is, but there are other options available now."

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wa...#ixzz2AuYNM3ig

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    What the Hell would Clark know? Idiots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    What the Hell would Clark know? Idiots
    So you disagree with those two "idiots"? They are wrong about this?
    Don't think I've ever heard Canno referred to that way before.
    Never seen him called Brenda either.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    QC's been a total noob, and if Nasser put him up to it then he's an even bigger noob.

vCash
    The thing that annoys me the most about this whole debacle is not that Quade dishonoured the Wallabies but that the ARU have.
    By giving Quade a slap on the wrist they have said that they are more interested in winning at any cost (i.e. getting money) than respecting the traditions and history of the Wallabies.
    The ARU have, in the way they have reacted to this situation, shamed all of us who do hold those traditions and history in high regard.

vCash
    That plonkar Clarke is already re-writing history. And I am in no doubt its not an accident. Part of the rehabilitation of Quade by the PR toss pots.
    "And when he did say that he probably would have turned down the opportunity to wear Wallaby gold – that didn’t go down too well."
    What didn't go down too well you imbecile is Quade turning down Wallaby YELLOW. We couldn't give a stuff if he turned down Wallaby GOLD

EDIT: The PR tosspots have gone full retard on Quades rehabilitation. Georgina Robinson in SMH:
    But in the aftermath of the hearing, Cooper, who has battled a knee injury all year and will sit out the Wallabies end-of-year tour to Europe, broached the subject of playing again in the gold jersey.

Last edited by sittingbison; 01-11-12 at 12:17.
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Should have kicked his ass, and sent him packing... !!!