8. Ben McCalman,
    9. Brett Sheehan,
    10. Ben Seymour,
    11. Napolioni Nalaga,
    12. Rory Sidey,
    13. Will Tupou,
    14. Sam Wara,
    15. David Harvey

Reserves 16. Salesi Manu, 17. Elvis Taione, 18. Phoenix Battye, 19. Lachlan McCaffrey, 20. Josh Holmes, 21. Winston Stanley, 22. Alfie Mafi.

Full team story coming soon!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    2 points I want to make. (probably 2 players who relish the jumper on there back and not being picked)

Where is Honey Badger & How is Mafi not picked before Harvey @ FB.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Thursday, 17 May 2012

CHANGES SEE BEN AT 10

After sticking with the same team in their last two outings the Emirates Western Force coaching panel has made six changes to the 22 man squad that will tackle the Rebels on Sunday.

The backline has seen a significant reshuffle with Ben Seymour moving into the playmaker role for his second start in the run on side this season while David Harvey moves to fullback.

Skills and Defence Coach Phil Blake said the disappointing results in South Africa encouraged them to go with the combination to add some thrust and good forward momentum that was lacking in previous games.

“We’ve moved Dave (Harvey) into fullback because he’s been exposed most of the year anyhow and we feel as if he can give us a bit more stability in the back there with his kicking game,” said Blake.

“Seymour’s core skills are really suited to the way we want to play and we feel as if it’s right to give him a shot at 10 to build his experience in the role.”

After an extended period on the sidelines with injury Will Tupou is fully fit and returns to the side following standout performances for Pindan Premier Grade side Wanneroo and will pair up with Rory Sidey in the centres.

“It’s great to include Will in the side after he’s had a long layoff with injury and he’s been playing some great rugby at club level and we’ve brought Rory in off the bench so we’ll be expecting a big impact from those two in getting some good forward play,” Blake said.

The back row has seen a reshuffle with Ben McCalman making his return to the No.8 jersey after recovering from an arm injury aggravated during the game against the Stormers. Two time club fairest and best player Matt Hodgson has slotted back into the blindside flanker role with Richard Brown rested to recover from a knock to the knee sustained in the game against the Sharks.

Nick Cummins will also miss this week’s game with a quadriceps strain but Blake expects both to be available for selection next week.

“We decided that the boys had to complete the training session today to be considered for Sunday and neither was able to meet the requirement but they should be back challenging their teammates for their positions for the next game.”

The last time these sides met the Rebels made an explosive start and despite an impressive comeback from the Emirates Western Force they held on for a one point victory.

Blake said the side will contest the game from the opening whistle and will look to put pressure on the Victorian side at the set piece.

“We’ve tried to bring the backs in over the past three or four weeks, and they’ve got a lot more carries and they’re getting a lot more confidence and what we showed at the back 60 minutes against Melbourne before is that if we can contest in the forwards, get them to set piece and put pressure on there that will hold us in good stead for the result that we’re looking for.”

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I'm sorry but this sucks. You lose you best go forward player and then you drop your best counter player doesn't make any sense. Harvey has a good boot but not good enough to Mage mafi sit on the pine. Seymour can kick just fine but if you must have harvey on the field then my bit try something different and put mafi at 12. On the force cite he is listed as a centre why not try him? Same old shit from the coaches
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash

Western Force unfazed by Nathan Sharpe injury scare

WESTERN Force veteran Nathan Sharpe is expected to be available for Sunday's home clash with the Melbourne Rebels despite nursing a sore ankle.
    Sharpe rolled his left ankle during today’s session at McGillivray Oval and spent the rest of the morning watching his teammates train with his leg heavily iced.

But the retiring lock appeared to be moving reasonably freely towards the end of the session and told a small media contingent that he was not in any danger of missing Sunday’s game at nib Stadium.

Interim Force coach Phil Blake was equally adamant that Sharpe would be play, but declared Phoenix Battye capable of taking the former skipper’s place in the starting XV if required.

A line has already been ruled through winger Nick Cummins (quad strain) and flanker Richard Brown (knee) after the pair failed to train today.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/rug...-1226359038087

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    I am particularly inspired by Blake's assurance that the " side will contest the game from the opening whistle". WTF?? And this man has been shortlisted for interview??

Champion
    vCash
    Spine looked good until #15.

Charles, Wolfman, Sheeds, Seymour, Harvey.

Ben attacks - so does Mafi, Harvey doesn't. I just see him hesitate in contact. I hope Harvey counter attacks, has a go, but I fear he may just kick everything that comes his way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    ...I fear he may just kick everything that comes his way.
    If that is the case then the coaching team should hook him. Its about bloody time the coaches displayed some authority if a single player starts disrupting team plans and play by doing something stupid like aimless kicking.

vCash
    Can Seymour kick for goals? I haven't seen him doing that this season; we went straight from Stannard to Harvey didn't we?

Harvey is in the team because we know he can kick and kick well. He's looked OK at FB before (better than he did at fly-half) so if he's our only reliable kicker, 15 looks his best position.

Shame on Mafi, but didn't an earlier article this week mention getting bigger bodies in the backs against the Rebels? Considering the holes they tore in defence in the first 20 minutes in Melbourne...

vCash
    Seymour always kicks during the warm up so I'm sure he can hold his own in the department
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Seymour took a conversion kick last week for the late try. Right on the sideline and missed, but he was pretty close.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    I see O'Connor will be out injured for the second time this season when the Force plays the rabble

Great to see the Vics getting good value for money with him on the sideline singing "yey team"

The Vic backs looked deadly last week and their pack smashed over the advantage line

Our backline is rubbish. I fear a belting

Controversy corner

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I wouldn't worry. They will take us for granted. We will be wanting to make up for the Sharks game. The last game in Melbourne showed how dominant our forwards can be over the Rebels. I was thinking this might go the way of the game against the Reds in Perth.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    someone needs to put a coathanger on Beale early(sacrifice 10 in the bin for the common good)
    & we are in with a show

vCash
    Beale got smashed by a ripper last week. Straight after the dive he took to win the penalty. I approve of the tactic to smash him at every oppurtunity.
    The battle will be won up front. They'll be fired up for the first 20....survive that and our pack should dominate them at the breakdown, collision and set piece.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast