Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Refs and arseistants

vCash

Refs and arseistants

Just noticed that bar Hoggos (haha yellow) we haven't slated of the ref yet.
    Must be a first for us.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    You missed my post wondering about the scrum we got pinged on.

Also Delve looked suspiciously too close to touch when he scored. Might explain that hesitation to ground it???

Couldnt help myself....BLOODY REFS!!

vCash
    Must say I agree with you there but that's a bit of give and take compared to most of our games.
    Besides we only lost by 1!
    Oh fark same old same old.

vCash
    I was going to start a thread but this will do.

I would like everyone who watched the game on Fox to give an opinion on the definitive scrum penalty. I sit in eee11 right near that scrum but couldn't see the of fence on infield side.

What perplexes me is why would a team two points in front, three minutes to play, AND with the put in to a scrum dominant all day, give away a binding penalty 30m out to KB who hasn't missed all day?

And Jonker, who I thought had a good game, knew that penalty would win the game for the team behind.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post

I would like everyone who watched the game on Fox to give an opinion on the definitive scrum penalty. I sit in eee11 right near that scrum but couldn't see the of fence on infield side.

What perplexes me is why would a team two points in front, three minutes to play, AND with the put in to a scrum dominant all day, give away a binding penalty 30m out to KB who hasn't missed all day?

And Jonker, who I thought had a good game, knew that penalty would win the game for the team behind.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I have been wondering the same. Saw nothing at the game and having watched it getting home I couldnt understand it.
    Mabe Eky saw more and will explain?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
    Havent seen a replay yet but at a glance it looked like mafu had nothing to push against and fell flat on his face.
    Rebels have been holding back in the engagement all season trying to draw penalties due to their crap scrum. Something the Force coaches probably should have raised to yonker in the pre-match meet and greet(like what other coaches do to have a cry about pocock). The worst i think should have been a reset considering all the other resets plonkers allowed which took the heat off the rabble scrum.

vCash
    I wasn't going to say anything, but since a thread has started, did anybody else think the pass to Delve was two meters forward?

But the refs didn't win the game for them, the Rebels played the ref in the scrums, not the force.

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    Gigs, havent seen the game, but a pass can travel forwards, as long as it leaves the hands moving backwards, relative to the passers motion.

Champion
    vCash
    The issue I have is, the games been played for 70 odd minutes, the scrums are holding there own and then we get a full arm penalty against us for no bind.. where's the short arm or warning first ?? bullsh1t refing but fair up to that point (from watching it live)

vCash
    Sir was talking to both front rows almost constantly, especially in the first half. They knew what was expected of them. I am fairly sure, but will stand corrected, that he also spoke to the new (replacement) front rowers as they prepared for their first scrum.

They had been warned.

The scrum penalties seemed to be mainly to do with non-binding. Both props must bind immediately. I wasn't really paying close attention when that penalty was given, but I wouldn't mind betting the prop did not bind immediately.

...and I know that can be difficult with the skin-tight nature of the jerseys they wear these day, but I shoud point out the law requires binding on the jersey; not the arm (and certainly not the shorts), but all props are in the same boat here.

vCash
    from what I saw ecky Holmes threw his arms up in agitation and gesticulated to Jonker, and did not put the ball in. Then Jonker blew the penalty. This indicates something happened, but I was on other side and couldnt see. Can someone who watched Fox tell us?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    IMHO I didn't think there was much more in the after try penalty by Ma'afu (?) for the halfway restart than you see in half the tries by a defending player on the try scorer!?
    The amount of times you see a defender charge in with a shoulder or a knee but nothing comes of it as the try is scored.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    IMHO I didn't think there was much more in the after try penalty by Ma'afu (?) for the halfway restart than you see in half the tries by a defending player on the try scorer!?
    The amount of times you see a defender charge in with a shoulder or a knee but nothing comes of it as the try is scored.
    Looked like it deserved a clear penalty in the replay. Don't know what was going through Ma'afu's mind, more stupidity. Poor bloke underneath him would've felt that 126kg dropping on him, tell you that much.

vCash
    pity he cant put that 126kg to more use where its really needed, like scrummaging. Apparently there has been some twitter niggle (twiggle?) all week between members of the packs, and it was no surprise to see a bit of biffo.

PC is the princess of twitter, perhaps she could enlighten us? And any thoughts on that final penalty from someone who has seen it clearly?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Yeah but never done by a Force player before, that's why it has never been penalised before.

A bit like the "lifter being in front of the liftee from a restart, happend all the time but we are the only team that has ever been penalised for it.

We are certainly pioneers in the revsion and application of the rule book

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast