Thread: Relay For Life

vCash

Smile Relay For Life

Hi guys,

A group of us called The Disney All Stars (this was the best we could come up with on a Sunday nite haha…), are taking part in the Relay For Life, which is a fundraising event to raise money for The Cancer Council WA.

The event represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, those faced with cancer will be supported and that one day cancer will be eliminated. Basically, the group of us take part by keeping a baton circulating around Joondalup Arena for 24 hours (and for those of you who know my love of sport/exercise… this will be an interesting 24 hours). The event lasts for 24 hours to represent the fact that cancer never sleeps.

Since 2001, Relay for Life has raised over $5.5 million to support the work of the Cancer Council WA in research, education and prevention and much-needed support and services for cancer patients and their families.

By going to the website File not found : Cancer Council WA (it says file not found, but the link still takes you to the page you need ) and following the prompts (I’ll put them at the bottom to make it easier for you), you can donate money to support the Disney All Stars and help us raise money to fight cancer! Please don’t feel like you have to donate, because we don’t want to make anyone feel pressured, but even if you could donate a few dollars that would be awesome! All donations are tax deductible!

Thanks for much for taking the time to read this,

The Prompts if you would like to donate:
    • Click “Donate Now”
    • Click “Donate Online”
    • Click “A gift to support a Cancer Council event”
    • Next to “I wish my gift to support”, select “Relay for Life”
    • Next to “Please specify Team Captain’s Name, Team Name, and name of local relay, please type “Katie Moynan, The Disney All Stars, Joondalup Arena”and following the prompts

No pressure to donate, feel free just to check out the website and find out a little more about what its all about!
    Have a great wknd everyone!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    good work skiza!

im doing that this year too, my friend's dad had cancer and touch wood he got through and her whole family are involved in it so we've got a team together too. great minds think alike

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Donations : Cancer Council WA

Should take you straight to the page.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    good work skiza!

im doing that this year too, my friend's dad had cancer and touch wood he got through and her whole family are involved in it so we've got a team together too. great minds think alike
    Good on you too ...we'll be the be the silly people dressed up as Disney characters

Have a great time!!

vCash
    thanks! we have a collection of characters- emos, fairies, gangsters, witches, cats and i think im going as a princess in a funny dress and tiara should be awesome

but i am going to run over to my best mates place for an hour and a bit- CANNOT MISS THE RUGBY! (my team understands... i think. her dad doesnt know what he is in for )

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry