Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Seasons Preview

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Seasons Preview

From what I've seen and heard lately, the team to beat this year is Wests Whatever It Calls Itself This Year, followed closely by Nedlands.

Unless something startling emanates from Soaks, or UWA imports another cohort of unemployable Irishmen on 457 visas, or Cottesloe wrings more third string Force players out of Rugby WA under their special licence agreement, it will be yet another one sided competition, fought between the two monied up muppets.

So, what of the other premier clubs?

Palmyra is in deep doo doos, no money to import, internicine warfare amongst its committee (they got rid of their long term President last year), poor player numbers, and huge defections, including Anare Koliova, the best player to arrive in WA club rugby in well over a decade.

Perth got delusional about its Maori connections, sacking its coach, welcoming back JT, and snaring a former Maori AllBlack coach into its fold, only to find that no WA Kiwi gives a stuff beyond personal interest and being shown the non existent money.

Kalamunda is a dead man walking, with only one player of any substance (and that dishonourably poached) and having spent their ten year budget on him, wonder why no one else wants to play for them, just for the glory of participating with a bunch of impoverished nobodies.

Rockingham is haemoraging its last seasons players like a leak in a blood bank, and gaining bugger all. Get real guys, Fridge alone can't carry an entire club on his own back, or in his tight arse pocket.

Wanneroo has spent big, with its two sugar daddies competing to out do themselves, but have accomplished nothing, gaining a bunch of undisciplined thugs as the price for their reputation, and two of them facing long suspensions from the game before the season has actually started.

Yep, its Nedlands and another Western Suburbs pretender yet again.

Good luck to everyone.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    you are starting to sound like RM,Fulvio

Player
    vCash
    Who is fridge?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Wanneroo has spent big.. gaining a bunch of undisciplined thugs ..and two of them facing long suspensions from the game before the season has actually started.
    For those not so close to Clubland, can someone expand on this?

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 08-03-13 at 08:06.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Good luck to each of the teams in the premier grade this year lets hope for an exciting season with a few shock results on the way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Who is fridge?
    beer's best friend!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Originally Posted by fulvio sammut
    Wanneroo has spent big.. gaining a bunch of undisciplined thugs ..and two of them facing long suspensions from the game before the season has actually started.

And there I was thinking members of our legal community researched carefully before makiing inflamatory statements, particularly without the protection of the courts.
    M'Lord Fulvio I stand to be corrected but one player (the third man in) has been dealt with by the judiciary for the unsavoury incident at Mgt River. That player I believe was from Cottesloe and has received a lengthy ban, possibly five weeks. The other player, from Wanneroo, was not available for the judiciary and has yet to be dealt with. Presumably you would be aware of what happened to the instigator of the incident, the Palmyra player, at the judiciary?

vCash
    i heard a solid rumour this morning from one of my old teammates in regards to player movements - he had a classy french back living with him who has come over to test his skills against the west australian competition, but was told by RugbyWA that it is in his best interests to play for Nedlands instead of Perth Bayswater... To some this might seem true, but why should it be up to RugbyWA to dictate where a new player to the state plays the game? Too many hands in pockets I reckon...

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Nedlands has friends inside Rugby WA who watch over us like guardian angels.

Our player depth year is massive; heaps of new recruits, quite a few from other clubs in Perth and lotsa kiwi imports. The colour of the club is changing rapidly.

Neddies will be unbeatable in 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Wanneroo has spent big, with its two sugar daddies competing to out do themselves.
    Another so-so season could lead to a new coach - any idea who that could be?????. I'm looking forward to this season, but Roodogs v Wests in 2015, a delightful dish, served cold.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Does the current coach know that this is his last season, before Gibbo takes the reins?

Rookie
    vCash
    love it how Fulvio just bags everyone out even his own club may this be a reflection of the man

let's hope its a good comp with even close matches each week . be great to see a comp where anyone could beat anyone on a given day

looking forward to the season to see who can do what ...even Paly ...you never know they might surprise even Fulvio

vCash
    Fulvio, you're a tosser.
    Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder?
    Why not write something of fucking substance that doesn't make you sound like such a whiny bitch?

No wonder Paly's in the shit with people like yourself to push them away with such tedium and negativity.

This forum should be where the googlers interested in WA rugby can read about the good things WA rugby has to offer at club and professional level. This negative crap makes WA rugby look like some incestuous infighting cousin fuck a thon. Way to do your bit.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    NTT I notice your avatar is the Kalamunda logo - how are the bulls looking this year?!? I reckon they are definitely going to be top 4, and if there was a book running and they were paying well enough i would probably put some money on them to take it out! Some solid recruitment was done last year, just seemed a few of them were injured for a large part of the season. I have heard the academy that has been running has been a hit over summer which always puts a club in good shape for the season ahead! Will be interesting to see how the season unfolds.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    You want the truth? You can't handle the truth.

But that's OK.

If you prefer, I'll whisper sweet soothing nothings to you as we tiptoe through the tulips together.

Group think makes everything so much cerebrally simpler and less confronting.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast