Thread: Kept informed!

Rookie
    vCash

Kept informed!

Does anyone else get the feeling that they are not being kept informed as members of TWF? I've not recieved any information on the players day, the trial matches or even the Brumbies game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    It would appear that if you don't have an email address registered with them, you won't be getting any information. They have an electronic newsletter called "Cut Out Pass" which comes out sporadically - not sure of you are getting this. You could probably contact RugbyWA and get them to update your details. Otherwise you will need to visit their website everyday to see whats happening.

You are right, a bit more information would be helpful - we do try and get stuff from different sources and post here

Here's some usefull info from one of the recent cut out pass emaisl if you haven't received it:

Meet the Players
    Members are reminded of the chance to meet the players at Subiaco Oval on Saturday 14 January between 11.30am and 2pm.
    It’s also a great opportunity for members to see, first hand, where they will be sitting during our inaugural season.

Entry to the ground will be through Gates 8, 10, 19 and 26 but only on presentation of your membership card or seat allocation letter.

Public Training Sessions
    And, after you’ve met the players for the first time, come down to Rugby Park and see them train. The following training sessions will be open to members (so put the dates in you diary!):
    Monday 16 January at 4pm

Monday 23 January at 4pm

Sunday 5 February at 9am

Come along and watch the boys go through their drills, and - when the hard yards are done - get an autograph or two. Your support is encouraged.

Emirates Western Force Wallabies Begin Training
    The full squad of the Emirates Western Force will train together on Tuesday 10 January at Rugby Park for the first time, following the return of the seven players who toured Europe with the Wallabies.
    Former Wallaby and ex-Waratah, Scott Staniforth, will also join the squad for the first time since becoming a father for the third time! Congratulations, Scotty.

And, since he was last in WA for a camp at Rottnest Island in December, Nathan Sharpe, our inaugural captain, has become a husband! Congratulations, Sharpie and Jess.

Australia’s Biggest Super 14 Club
    Congratulations! You are one of more than 20,000 members of the Emirates Western Force. Our membership count is now almost double the membership base of Australia’s next biggest Super 14 club, the Brumbies.
    An online survey of 4,000 members last month shows, amongst other things, that for the majority of respondents, the Emirates Western Force is the only professional sporting organisation of which they are a member.

Again, thank you for your support.

Membership Clock Is Ticking.
    If you know someone who wants to become a member of the Emirates Western Force but has yet to sign up, then tell them to get a move on.
    2006 memberships for all but Out-Of-Town applicants close at the end of January. Of course, tickets to individual matches will continue to be available through Ticketmaster.

Memberships for the 2007 season will be launched later in the year.

Challenge Cup

And finally, watch out for a new local rugby competition, involving members of your Emirates Western Force.

The RugbyWA Challenge Cup will be played over three consecutive weekends, starting on Saturday 18 February, involving four teams with players selected from the Emirates Western Force playing squad (those not involved in Super 14), Perth Gold players from 2005, Under 19 development players and Emirates Western Force Academy players.

All matches will be played as double headers at Rugby Park , Perry Lakes.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Rookie
    vCash
    They have my email address so not sure what's going on there. Perhaps we can have all newsletters posted on the site in future?
    Thanks for the info

vCash
    i think they are doing a good job!

the cut out pass e-newsletter gives all the info need and they have the website as well

i say well done Western Force

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Not sure if RugbyWA would appreciate it too much,mind you they might get more members if non-members get a glimpse of what they are missing out on. I'll write to them and ask if I can, and also suggest that they do. In the mean time I'll do my best to pass the interesting info on via here ...

Luke, they do do a good job considering the membership base size, but there is always room for improvement. I think it was only about 7000 members they were counting on, so i'm sure their infrastructure and resources are probably a bit stretched. Just look at the trial game debacle - I spent 2 days before I got through, and then a lack of information from RugbyWA about what I needed to get the tickets made things more difficult.
    I'm not knocking them, but things can certainly improve and are likely to as time goes on....

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    p-diddy - have you accidentally blacklisted mail from Administrator@rugbywa.com.au with your spam blocker?

Just a thought