Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Perth Spirit 2nd home win!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    You're right, Jay. Could have been the fresh legs, but he looked great coming off the bench yesterday. EWF had a rotation policy with hookers this year, I'd think the same will happen again in 08 and we will see much more of Holmes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Welcome Jay
    I guess when you have a Hooker who should be in France it is pretty hard to not start him unless you are sitting on top of the ladder.
    Remember that Holmes comes on later in the game when others are getting weary and gaps are starting to open up.
    Mulvers seems to sub him on as early as possible though to give him maximum match time.
    I believe Mr Versatile, Brocky was in the Outside Backs (officially a Wing I think) as we had run out of Backs on the bench.
    The situation you risk when you start with only two Back Reserves.
    I agree with Coach, I reckon the Ref looked ok on TV.
    He clearly doesn't like Hennas and had a bit of an ego battle there (very Kaplan v Gregan come to think of it...) which didn't help our cause.
    The injury to Jimmy is obviously a major blow however I am finally starting to see some hope with Daruda (all be it at #12) so he will probably slot in to #10 with Junior and Crossie back into the Centre pairing.
    Funny how noticeable the cheer for AJ whenever he touched the ball was on the telecast, even the commentary team commented and was nice to see AJ respond a little when he came off.
    What was the chant that went up briefly during the match?
    Sounded ok and maybe a starting point for the future?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    umm........ I yelled out "give the kick to AJ" after Henjaks try and because Cam had missed the previous....

vCash
    I couldn't make it this time... partied a little bit too hard on friday night and was really really crook all day Saturday. I'm a total wuss when it comes to hangovers.

I also slept through the coverage! I'm so annoyed at myself.

But I'm proud as punch of the boys and that result. I'll make sure I get to bed early next friday so I'll be there with bells on for the next home game.

I made Happy sad...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Jeez Jess, gunna be a long Teens/Twenties if you can't back up already

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Geez they come into form in the one game i couldn't go to!! Oh well, hopefully they'll back it up next week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    I agree with Coach, I reckon the Ref looked ok on TV. He clearly doesn't like Hennas and had a bit of an ego battle there (very Kaplan v Gregan come to think of it...) which didn't help our cause.
    I just think the ref needs to learn what a straight line is, where the gate actually is at the breakdown and perhaps learn to distinguish forward passes from backwards passes..but hey...looks like they may just be me. On another note i'm thinking about becoming a touchie...i reckon i could run up and down a line a see where the ball crosses it 100 times better than some of those guys...

The injury to Jimmy is obviously a major blow however I am finally starting to see some hope with Daruda (all be it at #12) so he will probably slot in to #10 with Junior and Crossie back into the Centre pairing.
    I'm so mad! Why do we have so many injuries! Daruda will be alright i reckon. I prefer Crossie on the wing though...and given that we're a tad short on wingers i think we may have a problem. Who was plyaing number 11 yesterday? He lacked some serious pace...

Funny how noticeable the cheer for AJ whenever he touched the ball was on the telecast, even the commentary team commented and was nice to see AJ respond a little when he came off.
    I love AJ...hehe...everyone love AJ. You grandstand kids were so loud yesterday!

What was the chant that went up briefly during the match?
    There were many chants particularly from our side. There were some pretty cute kids chanting school style "lets go spirit lets go" which had me cracking up. One of them ran over to where we were post game because Henners was tehre chatting to us and he was wearing one of those little rugby jumpers with Henjak's name and number. Henners was like omg you're my hero and was then complaining about how his girlfriend wouldn't let him buy one of the jumpers... so cute

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Sounds like we may well have paid dearly for the win
    Word is (yet to be confirmed mind) Hennas is gone with a knee op, Jimmy definitely torn from the bone, Junior broken a bone in his wrist, Lachie potential leg dramas and Shep (otherwise maybe Crossie) most likely to be heading to France.
    Will be time for the Forwards to take charge and the junior Backs to step up.
    Golden opportunity for a local (Chucky/Dan/Ratu) to state a case for full Force Squad inclusion.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Hooley dooley!!

Was it a rugby match or a gang bust up?

That is some heartbreaking injury list.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    OMG...that can't be good! I thought Henners looked pretty whacked but i didn't think it was an injury concern! And Junior as well! I spoke to him after the match and he seemed fine! Actually I spoke to Henners as well and he seemed sweet too... This isn't good... I'm not convinced our backs can step up. Ratu, Cummins etc are still suffering injuries...

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna

So not bad overall. Though I have to say i probably enjoyed watching pally play more which is kinda sad..
    umm what was it about pally that you enjoyed watching more?? im pretty sure we were putting on more entertainment than them, hence why we were scoring the points and are now in the grand final.

Prospect
    vCash

Union is going well

good 2 see the championship going so great hopefully the young players will get a go at super 14 level

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mixmastamark
    umm what was it about pally that you enjoyed watching more?? im pretty sure we were putting on more entertainment than them, hence why we were scoring the points and are now in the grand final.
    Oh all due credit to you Mix! I only watched the first half so it was reasonably even til then, but word on the street is you dominated that second half I was refering more generally to the game - much better passes, much more cohesion, better plays...it was a good first half mate!

vCash
    hehe i was just being a smartie pants lol, it was a good game but you did miss out on all the action unfortunately!! wasnt as tough as the game against kala the week b4 but still a hard fought win! i heard the spirit game was a bit of a letdown, we were warming up so didnt get to watch much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mixmastamark
    hehe i was just being a smartie pants lol, it was a good game but you did miss out on all the action unfortunately!! wasnt as tough as the game against kala the week b4 but still a hard fought win! i heard the spirit game was a bit of a letdown, we were warming up so didnt get to watch much
    Haha nah it was a bit of a throw away comment...i really should be more careful I wish I had stayed. I was impressed with the amount of people who did stay and watch. You guys certainly have some fans. And the little kids chanting for the Spirit were also putting on a show of "Lets go Baysie Lets Go" which cracked me up.

I swa you boys wandering around. I thought you at least saw the first half and maybe some of the second? Similar thing there though...it got better in the second once the rebels tired..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast