Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Here we go again...

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    OK Settle down all, this is not a big deal.
    Force1 you seem to have bought the story HL&S
    lets walk through it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Force1
    Well, everyone seems to be blaming the SMH for exposing a few WF adminstrators for breaking rules.
    1) Nobody is blaming the SMH, just ignoring it based on bias and poor reporting in the past, bad track record of negativity and no evidence to back them up.
    2) EWF board and management have not broken any rule. All player contract were confirmed and countersigned by the ARU board. Promised payments, by 2rd parties, did not come through. The management appear (note jury still out) to have made an 'ex gracia' payment in liue of this.

If the WF are innocent why arent they saying so? Why arent they instigating legal action against the SMH and Journo involved.
    3) EWF board have said they are innocent, this time and before. The ARU reviewed all contracts at end of '06 and new contracts signed for '07 - ARU board confirmed all was within agreement guidelines at time of signings (these have since been changed). Legal action is expensive and sensible people know it is a last resort option for any business. People who jump into law suits at the drop of a hat lose lots of money and credibility.

Because the SMH and the Journo are spot on.... Gerard Ryle is one of the countries leading journalists. He's uncovered a massive problem and other coverups at the Force and it needs cleaning up.
    4) SMH and Ryle are not spot on. They (both) have a reputation for shoddy journlism, he may be a well published journalist - that is not the same as being a good one.
    5) Any problem is not 'Massive', there may be something - its not massive and there is no evidence that it needs 'cleaning up'. As for 'other cover ups' - still waiting are we?

Dont believe me, keep read the SMH. They're actually trying to help Force members. Unless the office is cleaned up, the Force are likely to LOSE key international players. The SMH knows this, others know this, but members are being kept in the dark.
    6) Its not that we don't beleive you, or your passion, we have no faith in SMH based on past records.
    7) SMH has no interest in EWF or helping members. Its a paper, they want to sell papers - end of story.
    8) No evidence of any need to 'clean up' the EWF administration. All evidence is that it is a highly profesional and proficient body, which may be a great annoyance to some old styly rugby administrators.
    9) EWF would be more likely to lose players by NOT honouring financial arrangements.
    10) SMH knows very little, but makes a lot of noise. The 'others' you mention are deafeningly quiet.
    11) Members, especially those on this forum, are privy to a lot of information that never makes the media. They are not in the dark.

As members, we own the WF. We deserve to know that this business is being run fairly and honestly.
    12) No! Members do not own any part of the EWF or RugbyWA. RugbyWA (inc.) owns all franchise rights to the EWF. RugbyWA members, have no individual ownership either - it is an incorporated body.

History has shown that clubs that break rules and act outside protocols end up suffering badly.
    13) History shows no such thing. Business, and sporting clubs, have brocken rules of governing bodie, YES! Most continue trading and life goes on after a few set backs. Business of sport is a long term game.

Force CEO and Chairman, come clean and show us some leadership and honesty!
    14) Peter O'Meara and Geoff Stooke deal with professionals. They have no need to respond to every media story. They 'come clean' at each board meeting and AGM.

Whilst I have no personal liking for Geoff Stooke (ancient stuff) he was always straight and direct. personal and Club finances have always been 'straight down the line' with Stooky - even his detractors will admit to that. I, like many on this forum, will wait for evidence and both sides to come out before we join a tirade of unsubstantiated, baseless rantings.

Welcome aboard Force1 and remember, in future - don't hold back, just put it out there. OK!

PS - sorry this has gone on a bit long.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    well put, award winning stuff!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Very nice post hopep. Much respect.

vCash
    great stuff, hopep......shoved it right back at F1 with knobs on

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks very much. I tried to answer most of Force1's statements but I doubt he will read it as it is not in the SMH and takes up too many column inches.

I see he's jumped on the 'Giteau is a deserter - disaster' campaign.

Hey, maybe we can ask Coach to set up a special forum - the "Chicken Little" forum for Force1 to lead in?

vCash
    Love it Hopep...

And maybe now Force1 thinks you're 'hopeless' you can join me given that I'm a young, ignorant, and inexperienced honey

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    You ****ing brainless twit
    Can I join your group as well???

Please

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower
    Can I join your group as well???

Please
    Oh my mistake flame...totally forgot about that charming comment...of course you can join But i think its only fair that i'm the president..

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Ahhh no I get it. Thanks for clearing that up for me hopep.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I've got no problem with that. It only seems fair. You wore most of the crap he threw

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Awesome work H.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Force1 certainly got reaction he/she desired
    sometimes its better to let the ball go through to the keeper,to use a cricket analogy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter
    Force1 certainly got reaction he/she desired
    sometimes its better to let the ball go through to the keeper,to use a cricket analogy
    Nah not at all....i think its encouraged team bonding....AND we didn't need a boot camp to do it

vCash
    And we didn't have to go out on the piss afterwards, inviting undesirables back to our hotel room (damn!)!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4