Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: put your arm up..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by almac
    i was pissed off with the fact that we were charged $7.00 per person in the car, to park on the grass field.Was i just ripped off ? or is that the norm. !
    East perth rail station is only a short walk from the ground.. if we get bigger crowds for the next games i would strongly sugest driving to your local statiom (if ya have one) and jumping a train. there are loads of other people on their way to the rugga usualy and it's pretty good fun. you can also practice puting your arm up with them..

failing that. thier is also a HUGE car park there.. it's probably a 500m walk at most.

a.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great crowd at the stadium - the eastern side rocks! Our area was supporting Ratu - didn't hear anyone having a go at him. Fantastic being at a rectangular stadium - only problem was the camera man and water boys getting in your way standing on the sidelines so you couldn't see the game.

But how was that Rams water boy? He was on the field more than some of the players - isn't there some law where they can't be on field when the play is actually going on? He was really getting in the way and one time when he slipped over he almost interfered with the play.

vCash
    Great support at the game. From my advantage point on the hill near gate four you could see everything. Good enthusiastic crowd got into the game giving the ref shit for the crap he was whistling at!!!! Good hear support for the new guys in the squad. Spoken to Ratu and he was happy with the game and enjoyed it, wanted more ball and was looking forward to a dry game(more speed and big hits). me being a Kiwi, laughed out loud at the Jonah call!!!!!!
    Great Staduim for the game!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit
    But how was that Rams water boy? He was on the field more than some of the players - isn't there some law where they can't be on field when the play is actually going on? He was really getting in the way and one time when he slipped over he almost interfered with the play.

That "water boy" was doing a load more than supplying water from what I saw. He was constantly coaching too, I was really surprised the ref didn't tell him to bugger off!

Did anyone else notice that the ref seemed to get in the way quite a lot and the same goes for the Rebels game I saw. Maybe they need to review their positioning to take into the account the speed of the game.

Just happy to be here

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Hear, Hear Enforcer.
    The 'water boy' from the Rams was out of line and that needs to be addressed by Refs (Maybe Ecky could let us know what the regulations are).
    At one stage, right in front of me, he ran on to the field with his magic bottle and told a player to 'kneel down' - even though play was still going on - so that the ref would see 'a man down, injured'.
    A blatant interfering of the flow of the game, with no injury, just a chat about how to play.
    TJ's need to be on the ball also.

Still got some teething problems, but a great game all round.

Last edited by hopep; 13-08-07 at 11:36.

vCash
    that ref in the 2nd half is disgraceful!!! im suprised he didnt start handing out colourful cards like he does in the club games - when we played neddies a fortnight ago i think he handed out 5 cards, he is too happy to be blowing into a whistle for my liking!!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by almac
    although i enjoyed the game, atmosphere, and the fact that we were close to the field and could hear the players etc, i was pissed off with the fact that we were charged $7.00 per person in the car, to park on the grass field.Was i just ripped off ? or is that the norm. There weren't any other parking options.Doesnt seem like the right way to attract more spectators.!!!
    Although there were 3 of us in the car, we were only given one ticket.!!!

You could always come to pre game and get the bus with the rest of us, no parking hassles. Seats availalble for next week, send me a PM to book your seat.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    As Ecky pointed out last week mixmasta, the TJ's were local lads and probably not up to speed with the ELVs.
    The ref went of injured at half time and his replacement was the TJ.
    Pity really, I thought the game slowed a lot but more due to increased scrums, only one offense that I would have considered a card for.

BTW - if refs are handing our 5 cards in a game, the fault most often lies with the players, 1 should be enough to change behaviour of a dicsiplined side.

vCash
    I guess at the end of the day the refs are on a pretty steep learning curve too, and they get little forgiveness from us lot.

BTW.....Not sure if Ecky noticed my post re the penalty position in the second half following the high tackle on Ratu, but can anybody explain it to me? The penalty kick was taken about 15 yards in field from where the offence took place on the touch line. Maybe it's obvious but it struck me as odd.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    getting back to the calls at the game, i was in the shed (undercover hehehehe) wen the referee called a spirit pass forward in the 2nd half, some dude behind me yelled out to him "open you eyes hellen keller" i thought that one was pretty funny

vCash
    A quick heads up to those who wonder what the Rams 'water' runner was doing on the paddock - he was their only medically qualified person (Physio) in their team and is entitled to enter the field of play to attend to players. He was on a fair bit due to injuries from the Capt Run the day before. Travel squad sizes for this comp are a total of 28, 22 of which must be players. Doesn;t need much of a calculator to work out that the Rams had 22 and didn't really have other options of looking after their players apart from running with what they had and trying to keep them going during the match. His attention was focused on a player who had damaged his calf the day before

You'll also note that the attention from the Rams physio seemed to fade after 20 mins.

You'll also notice that he wasn't wearing any studs and did his damnest to try and plough his face into our drenched turf on more than one occassion in the first half.

All up I thought the match was alright for the second game of the Mazda ARC. I reckon you can also expect teams to become more comfortable with the ELVs and also the refs interpretation.

On a side note how many times has James Leckie taken part as a match offical in Perth and how many times has there been a significant instance?

vCash
    Ok there Uglea, fare enough. Never seen a physio shouting advice from the touch line before though.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    James Leckie had the dubious honour of leaving the field when he reffed us against the Samoans earlier this year. He collided with Fava's leg and rolled his ankle. He was also the touchie against the Blues with the quick throw in.

I think the next time James Leckie has an opportunity to take the field in the second half as a referee, he should be given a standing ovation!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uglea
    James Leckie had the dubious honour of leaving the field when he reffed us against the Samoans earlier this year. He collided with Fava's leg and rolled his ankle. He was also the touchie against the Blues with the quick throw in.

I think the next time James Leckie has an opportunity to take the field in the second half as a referee, he should be given a standing ovation!

or maybe just a raspberry?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hopep
    BTW - if refs are handing our 5 cards in a game, the fault most often lies with the players, 1 should be enough to change behaviour of a dicsiplined side.
    quie so, must have been slow learners at that game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast