Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Songs and Chants for Force Games

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Songs and Chants for Force Games

Tjis has been bought up in a couple other threads - time to centralise. List all your songs and chants suggestions here (I could move other posts - best you do it yourself)

Only 3 weeks till the practice match 6 till the opening Super14 game for us! Lets get things going!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    wat bout everyone shouting out CANNONBALL!!! at the line outs
    i assuming cannon still doing the lineouts

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    i dont know if i like the CANNONBALL idea - would hate to distract him. he needs all the help with his lineout throws as it is

The thing with this forum is we need to take the oppertunity to lead the whole Subi Crowd to do the righs cheers etc, other wise we will end up with something really lame. like For-orce (clap clap clap) it would be enough to choke on my beer, or rum or what ever the hell they are serving at Subi these days

Exile
    Sydney

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I'm with tcie on the Cannonball one too sorry Luke, Brendan needs all the concentration he can muster!
    Had thought that those sitting along the sideline could all take white sheets or the like and do a "white-out" of the touch line on every opposition throw in, messing with their jumpers vision of the ball!
    A cricket sight screen on nasty pills!
    The Star Wars theme has potential, I used to play it on the pipes with the Scotch Pipe Band and it is quite an easy tune.
    Another we used was the Can Can, perhaps that could be whistled (must be a few closet whistlers amongst you!!) as a bench player comes on starting as he crosses the sideline?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    while we are talking about the crowd participation aspect of all of this - i just want to spell out something that has been mentions a couple of times already

1. Thou Shalt Not Boo - not the opposition nor the Referee - especially not our team.
    2. Thou Shalt Not leave the game early if the boys are not playing to our full potential

anyone else got any more "Thou Shalt Nots" to add?

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the.committed.in.exile
    1. Thou Shalt Not Boo - not the opposition nor the Referee - especially not our team.
    2. Thou Shalt Not leave the game early if the boys are not playing to our full potential
    Really?

(1) - I can understand why you wouldn't boo your team, but what's wrong with getting on the refs or other team? What do you do when a ref screws up a call? I don't see what's wrong with a "Boo" or a "you suck ref!"

When the opposing team is introduced what do you do? Cheer for them or remain silent?

vCash
    I still feel booing excessive opposition drop goals is ok. It's a terrible part of our game.

Maybe any time Cameron Sheppard scores a try the fans go jump on a car? No?

Agreed Cannon needs his concentration on lineouts.. We used to all tilt our heads to the side like him with our arms in the air, going "ooooooooooooh" on his lineouts, less distracting. When it was caught, we'd go "OOMPF".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ
    Really?

(1) - I can understand why you wouldn't boo your team, but what's wrong with getting on the refs or other team? What do you do when a ref screws up a call? I don't see what's wrong with a "Boo" or a "you suck ref!"

When the opposing team is introduced what do you do? Cheer for them or remain silent?
    i agree

i have to admitt i love to get stuck into the oppostition and the referees!!!
    i will not leave a game early EVER but if we gettin flogged i need some entertainment and for me it is nailing everyone but the FORCE

sorry peoples

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think that it all comes down to drawing the line between heckling/sledging and outright abuse and literally booing.
    One of the benefits of having such a large supporter base is gaining a home ground advantage of a parochial crowd.
    This includes chanting, singing and individuals throwing barbed comments, but to outright abuse someone from the opposition is bad form.
    To do it to your own team is disgraceful.
    To go over the top at any sporting official, well I'd suggest walking a mile in their shoes.
    And finally, in this day and age, anyone who feels it’s ok to use racial abuse deserves to endure a beer shower from all that surround him. Regardless of personal positions on racism, it brings shame on the whole crowd and country when reports are circulated around the globe regarding racial abuse in sport.
    Over the years I've been as guilty as the next bloke at letting rip at a player (not least old mate Percy!) but I would always be amongst the first to stand and applaud the same individuals for good play or to clap the opposition off the park.
    The image overseas lately of Australian crowds hasn't been that flash and we have gained a fairly unsavoury reputation.
    I am in favour of the supporters of the Western Force setting new standards in Australian sport in fair play/support and building our own reputation for being a fantastic crowd, not for being a bunch of booing screaming morons against our opposition but for being hugely supportive of our own team, being worth a try to our boys on the paddock.
    The challenge is there for us to be creative in supporting a new team in a new way, so get the brain caps on and let's get busy!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I would have to agree with everything my learnered collegue Burgs has said. Abuse of either the referee and linesmen, or the opposition should not be tolerated. Humorous banter should be encouraged. If anyone beleives that they can not have fun watching a match without abusing someone, well my only suggestion is to go watch another sport.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the.committed.in.exile
    I would have to agree with everything my learnered collegue Burgs has said. Abuse of either the referee and linesmen, or the opposition should not be tolerated. Humorous banter should be encouraged. If anyone beleives that they can not have fun watching a match without abusing someone, well my only suggestion is to go watch another sport.
    well guess we have different opinions! i love to watch rugby but not MY TEAM get an absolute flogging ( hopeffuly they wont )

i just feel if the referee makes a wrong call i have the right to let him know about it
    and if the other team does a dirty tactic i get to abuse him for it

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Fair enough Luke, as I mentioned it comes down to where you choose to draw the line.
    If you must boo then please don't do it on behalf of TWF.
    For me, supporting will be done as I played, hard but fair.
    To me booing is the thin edge of the wedge and, without trying to over dramatise the issue, I'm tipping the following folks thought their actions were justified at the time too:

"Dissapointed" Tigers fan- www.afana.com/netpaper/may2-54282.html

Red Sux Crowd- http://www.eagletribune.com/news/sto...018/FP_001.htm

Esperance Enthusiasts- http://www.theherald.co.za/herald/20...ort/socrow.htm

Samoan "Sleeper"- http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/ar...597212754.html

Johan Erasmus and Pieter van Zyl- http://www.sabcnews.co.za/sport/rugb...,40732,00.html & http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/...158064422.html

Gunther Parche- http://xtramsn.co.nz/sport/0,,12021-4456302,00.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Fair enough Luke, as I mentioned it comes down to where you choose to draw the line.
    If you must boo then please don't do it on behalf of TWF.
    For me, supporting will be done as I played, hard but fair.
    To me booing is the thin edge of the wedge and, without trying to over dramatise the issue, I'm tipping the following folks thought their actions were justified at the time too:

"Dissapointed" Tigers fan- www.afana.com/netpaper/may2-54282.html

Red Sux Crowd- http://www.eagletribune.com/news/sto...018/FP_001.htm

Esperance Enthusiasts- http://www.theherald.co.za/herald/20...ort/socrow.htm

Samoan "Sleeper"- http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/ar...597212754.html

Johan Erasmus and Pieter van Zyl- http://www.sabcnews.co.za/sport/rugb...,40732,00.html & http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/...158064422.html

Gunther Parche- http://xtramsn.co.nz/sport/0,,12021-4456302,00.html

i wouldnt say im a booer
    more of a rude but witty remarkist
    but definately not a booer

vCash
    Some fans get carried away. I live just outside of Philadelphia, they once threw snowballs at Santa Claus at halftime of a football game. They even put a jail and a judge in the stadium. Because of assholes like that I can't buy a beer after the 3rd period now.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast