Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NOT!!! Channel 7 to Broadcast Wallabies -v- Springboks Game Live Tonight

vCash
    just thought i'd say full marks to foxsports for coverage, i always find it entertaining. unfortunately i was not able to get the foxsports coverage last nite

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Thanks again, Channel 7, for completely ****ing up another broadcast of an international sporting event. You have earned my undying contempt.

SBS needs to branch off and form another channel, purely for all its sports coverage.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    After years of sitting through Ch 7 coverage, I finally talked my parents into getting Foxtel in September last year and I am so glad I did. Apart from actually being live every week, the commentary is far better the only thing I miss from Ch 7 is Dan Crowley occasionally coming out with a few gems.

Adore this life
    There is no guarantee
    Could end by tomorrow

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Here, Here - the trick for Gregan in getting out of a track suit, had to giggle.

You guys need to remember that Channel 7 is a 'footy' station. Their definition of "live" is: the players were breathing at the time we pointed the camera at them - that means we taped it live - therfore its a live recording.

Flippin Ejits!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    the only thing I miss from Ch 7 is Dan Crowley occasionally coming out with a few gems.
    I really like Dans input as well. But Gordon Bray is the best part of Seven Rugby....the Cometti of Rugby or is Cometti the Bray of AFL

He also has a book out a few years ago called "Undercover Prop" a great about his life as an undercover cop while he was playing for the Wallabies, well worth a read.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr
    He also has a book out a few years ago called "Undercover Prop" a great about his life as an undercover cop while he was playing for the Wallabies, well worth a read.
    Sure is. He was probably lucky the testing for "recreational substances" wasn't being done at the time though.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yep, Crowley is a legend.

Gordy certainly has been the voice of Rugby in Australia in my formative years however his best work was on ABC before he was bogged down with all the commercial BS of cross promotions, corporate plugs and going to ad breaks.
    His best years are behind him if he stays on FTA however would be a massive coup if they could get him to be the Golden Tonsils on Fox like Rabs Warren is for League. Ie, none of the stuff that Clarkey has to do on Fox, just a faceless oracle during the match.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    If you want quality sports viewing then flick on SBS from tomorrow night and get hooked on cycling for three weeks!
    I suppose you're takin' the piss here. But imagine how happy the people who do like treadly racing feel about it. What time do you reckon Ch7 or 9 would have it?
    The pollies should have set up the legislation that covers TV rights to give an automatic forfeit to another provider in cases where media groups buy up rights and then don't show the event live across the country.

vCash
    I thought that legislation had actually happened - which is why I'm curious how Ch 7 is getting away with it

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone
    I thought that legislation had actually happened - which is why I'm curious how Ch 7 is getting away with it
    You're right - I think. Thanks for the heads-up TG.

The Government has been concerned for some time about limited live coverage of major sporting events where a free-to-air broadcaster has acquired the broadcast rights.

For this reason the Government introduced anti-hoarding provisions which require commercial television licensees who acquire the right to televise a designated event, but who do not propose to fully utilise the right, to offer the unused portion to the ABC and SBS for a nominal charge within a specified offer time. The national broadcasters must also offer unused portions of rights to each other.

This would seem to be what we're talking about, no?

Perhaps one of our legal eagles could tell us if this means what Ch 7 have been up to - Frank

I don't have any personal axe to grind here - I've got Fox
    It's just that being the Rugby Tragic I am, I want the game to reach the widest possible audience so it can win new fans, grow and prosper.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    I suppose you're takin' the piss here.
    I'm not actually. While I do enjoy most sports I find the Tour to be absolutely enthralling, both for the pure athletic endurance but also for the side stories, scenery, history and amazing footage that the hosts bring to the event.
    The astounding finish to Stage 1 last night with Robbie McEwen yet again coming from nowhere (1km behind with 4km to go!!!) has ensured I'm in for another three weeks of sleep deprivation
    I can only dream of what they could do with covering the Rugby World Cup in France

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I love the "live, uninterupted and nationwide coverage" of FoxSports

I must admit I am over Gordon Bray - his hello to the East Kickatinalong Mudchooks or who ever happens to be his side of the moment is pretentious and they dumped buddah - - I mean how can they do that???

And Burgs is right - SBS coverage of the Tour is a sight to behold and sports lovers or all codes would love it if they gave it a chance.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile

I must admit I am over Gordon Bray - his hello to the East Kickatinalong Mudchooks or who ever happens to be his side of the moment is pretentious and they dumped buddah - - I mean how can they do that???

And Burgs is right - SBS coverage of the Tour is a sight to behold
    Agree about Buddha. He's one of the great characters of the game and enjoys mixing with the punters, well liked outside Rugby circles too. But Gordon Bray? His trivia and "cheerio" calls are a mark of his character, a bit quirky but genuine. Even though he's replaced "CAMPESE!!!" with "TUQIRI!!!", he's the best caller IMO. His knowledge of the game is second to none.

I think I'll stick mostly to the nightly highlights of the Tour.

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Buddah was brilliant, always up to date with events and had a great delivery.

Did any of you ever see him do his "party trick" with a Pint ? Brilliant.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast