Thread: Tahu aims to make Lote lift game

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Tahu aims to make Lote lift game

Tahu aims to make Lote lift game Bloody hope so

By David Riccio
    June 17, 2007

TIMANA Tahu claims his cross-code switch from rugby league to rugby union can re-ignite the career of struggling Australia wing Lote Tuqiri.

"We played together for the Kangaroos and I think I had a pretty good connection with Lote," Tahu said.

"I can't wait to play football with him again.

"I would like to think I can provide the speed a lot of people in rugby have been talking about.

"The key to Lote is giving him early ball, and that's why I'm there.

"I'd like to think I'll only help his game.

"We both have a bit of pace, which I'm sure (New South Wales was) looking for at stages through this season."

Tahu has no regrets about following Tuqiri's lead and switching from league to rugby union, even though it meant being snubbed by NSW Origin selectors.

But the $2 million move to the Waratahs was the most difficult decision of his football career.

"I still feel like I've made the right decision," he said.

"I'm not nervous about next year. The most stressful part was making the decision.

"It's something I'd been mulling over for a while and I suppose it was the lead-up to making the decision that was the most nerve-racking thing."

A lack of pace contributed to the Waratahs' inability to produce long-range attacking raids in this year's Super 14 series, in which they finished second last - above only Queensland.

Their season is in stark contrast to that of Timan's league club, Parramatta, which is thriving in the NRL under new coach Michael Hagan.

Tahu wants to assure Eels fans that his focus is fixed on the club's push for the finals.

"I told the ARU not long after I signed, 'thank you for having me on board but until I come over, I'm only thinking about the Eels'," he said.

"I also told Hages that I'm 100 per cent behind Parra for the remainder of the year. He's got no worries there."

Tahu watched with displeasure on Wednesday night as NSW lost the Origin series to Queensland.

His omission was put down to injury and the popular belief he should be overlooked because he had signed with rugby union.

"To play in Origin III would be unreal. The perfect way for me to finish my rep career."

A hamstring injury has sidelined Tahu for all but seven matches this season. He's expected to return for the Eels next weekend against Sydney Roosters.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I read this in the paper this morning, wasn't really much of an article.

I always hope that anyone that comes across does well, but unfortunatly tahu seems really injury prone, not sure how much lifting of lote's game he's gonna do.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!