Thread: Wallabies tickets going cheap

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Wallabies tickets going cheap

Wallabies tickets going cheap

May 09, 2007

THE Australian Rugby Union is offering discounted tickets to fans living outside Sydney in a bid to attract a decent crowd for Australia's Test against Wales this month.

With the tourists to field an under-strength team for the May 26 encounter, there are concerns Sydney's Telstra Stadium will be half empty for the Wallabies' first Test of the year.

The ARU's commercial operations general manager Brian Thorburn admitted the Wales Test was not as appealing to fans as a Bledisloe Cup or Tri-Nations clash with New Zealand or South Africa and that therefore concessions needed to be made.

Fans living outside of Sydney will receive a 25 per cent discount on tickets.

Tickets range from $55 to $115 for adults or $28 to $39 for children under 17.

"With popular opinion suggesting we need to attract more people back to rugby, the ARU has listened and decided this offer may just do that," Thorburn said.

"The ARU is very conscious of the high value of the Wallaby brand in the sporting market, but at the same time we are keen when we get an opportunity to open up the Wallaby Test experience to a wider audience.

"We believe this once-off discount offer may spur on rural New South Wales to get onside with the Wallabies as they tune up for the Rugby World Cup in France in September."

(I would assume the discount applies beyond rural NSW but best check first if you are elsewhere)

Telstra Stadium has a capacity of 83,500 and so far about 40,000 tickets have been sold for the Wales Test.

AAP

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    put all the force players in and they would sell like hot cakes

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    subsidise flights from perth and you'll get a few more thousand!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    You'd think with Qantas being the main sponsor they could get some sort of package going. And by package I mean return flight and ticket to the game. Not some week long thing to go to both games with a bunch of tourist stuff in the middle. No one wants to see Sydney anyways, it's shit!!!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    You obviously have not spent enough time in The Rocks.

Qantas - are you listening, it's great idea.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl
    You'd think with Qantas being the main sponsor they could get some sort of package going. And by package I mean return flight and ticket to the game. Not some week long thing to go to both games with a bunch of tourist stuff in the middle. No one wants to see Sydney anyways, it's shit!!!
    obviously you need to fire your tourist guide and employ ours - I could have easily spent another week on the InnFORCEers tour in Sydney!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    It also helps to know people over there so you get free accomadation, i lived there for nearly 3yrs and it was ok, perths better though...I love adelaide as well, i guess i am a country boy at heart so i like the slower paced cities....

I would love to get over there for this test, quantas should come to the party as well...Then i would only need to deal with "the Boss", ie missus frontrow...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    i agree InnFORCEr its a good idea, surprised they havent really, i love sydney, im from sydney, i love the place. Perth is great too otherwise i wouldnt be living here

vCash
    I am going to Brisbane for the Wales test. Can I please get a refund for the discount?