Thread: Ratu Srganiyaui

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Ratu Srganiyaui

From the West: Young back Ratu Srganiyaui is due to make his first start for the season after recovering from a training ankle injury. The 193cm teenager of Fijian heritage combines speed, balance and an eye for the gap with the size of an international No. 8.

Righto, without all the bs, how genuinely "the real deal" is this young fella?
    Is he eligible (Nationality etc) to be selected in Super 14?
    How long has he been in WA (ie, why wouldn't he be in the Academy)?
    Edit: Also, what is the correct spelling of his name? Just found this version c/o RWA: Ratu Sulaniyaui.
    Edit 2: I'm guessing this is the same rooster on another day and author too? Ratu Nasigiuyuni...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Burgs; 05-05-07 at 22:48.
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Coach i will get his full name on tuesday night and post it up, he was born in queensland to a fijian family that for the last 2 generations have been australian citizens so yes he can play for the force and wallabies.He has been training with the academy since November last year has not picked up one of there contracts as most people in the know suspect something bigger to come up from for him if not the force than a few npc sides are seriously looking at him( the one with the mountain is keen as). Also i was in singapoore for the sevens and if there was ever a player of the tournament robed it was Ratu,on the minutes proceeding the final the blue bulls manager virtually did everything legal and not to kidnap the man.This guy is the real deal i cant fathom how the reds let this guy go and a amature club from perth can set him up with the basics and watch as the story unfolds but we are talking about the reds.Paly at home next week v perth if you have not seen this guy play i suggest it is as good a time as any for he will not be playing club rugby for to long.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Thanks Arty, look forward to anything further

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Yes, sorry about the spelling guys, but I just use it as the team manager gives it to me.

Ratu is only 18 years old and he is in perth because he is from the Souths club in brisbane and came over to join a bunch of his fellow club mates and former coach jason Jones at Palmyra.

He was a sensation in the pre-season Challenge Cup, he looks like Lomu at the 95 world cup, just brushes off tacklers like they were midgets. He can run like the wind and has that lovely Fijian balance. His thighs are about the same size as my waist and that's no that small.

Still he is just a young fellow and needs development rather being rushed into top levels too fast. He had an ankle injury before the firstgame and played just half a game yesterday against Wests. Even in that time he collected one perfectly weighted cross kick and broke three tackles before scoring.

He is fairly shy in person and Jason told me after the game he was very nervous as it was his first grade debut.

A pleasure to watch him play and you'll be hearoing a lot more about this sensational young giant, trust me.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Thanks Rick.
    Understandable re the surname, it aint exactly "Jones"!
    Hopefully we will all know it well soon!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Not quite right rick he never played for souths in brissie gold coast boy the only club mate he has here is malo pelesasa his flat mate is the younger cousin of nems momo though.

Also been in red development sides since under 15s

Last edited by ARTY; 06-05-07 at 15:15. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Close enough -- I'll take that as being "from Souths". Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story etc...

Champion
    vCash
    ratu is a machine. his first try for pally will be one to be remembered and you ghave to feel for the wests winger who was already having a bad game but then half way through to have to play against raut poor bloke. he was shit scarred

vCash

Ratu

I have to agree that Ratu is a freak!I saw him at SCC 7s and also in the Borneo 10s (where he guest starred for Cobra with Scotty Turnbull), he was swatting away people like toys. How the Reds academy overlooked him amazes and all i can say is that its their lost and WA's gain. This boy can go a long way as long as he keeps working hard on and off the field.

vCash
    Welcome aboard bruce, hope you enjoy the site...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Looking forward to a confirmation of how to spell Ratu's surname?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Apprentice
    vCash
    I havent been at training but i am going down tommorow i will get him to put it on a piece of paper for me just to get it right

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Ratu Srganiyaui in Fulv's post tonight.
    Are we getting close yet?
    Poor bugger, I hate getting peoples names wrong

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.