Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: tonights 3rd try!

vCash

tonights 3rd try!

shame on the ref for awarding the try, also what was the ball boy thinking, throw the towel at him first then the ball, this free try which led on to a bonus point could have massive implications on the final table, at least sharpie had a go at the ref about the ball that was in play!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash

SA Refs

You should remember that it is the same RSA refs that lost us a game against Crusaders last year. They should be taken off the list of refs with their poor performance again this year.

I suggest that in future we insist that neutral refs from northern hemisphere ref the games against Kiwi teams. Its about as bad as biased Aussie refs when the Force plays the Eastern States

May the 4th be with you

Jambooi

Senior Player
    vCash
    Well I was over it after the first five minutes, not a pretty game over Union. But those fans who left before the end SOFT!

You need to stay to the end, even if it is like watching grass grow.

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    I never like critisizing the ref after a loss because it just sounds like "yah yah yah blame the ref." Obviously they didn't cost us the game as we only managed 6 points, but it gets annoying when all the momentum is sucked out of the game every time there is a scrum because the ref likes to be the center of attention.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    dont blame the ball boy....he had no impact...it was the touch judge on that side who stuffed up badly....

vCash
    That mistake was laughable, something you would see in a under 16 match with someones father running the touchline...Unbelievable it could happen in the professional arena, it was a bloody joke...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    A very similar incident happened in a Rugby League Match in Sydney a couple of years ago. Side kicked the ball in to touch for a Penalty, ball tossed in to play by the ball boy for tap restart and straight over for the try.

Now, in League, the ball boys must place the ball on the sideline.

Its very hard to criticise the ball boy last night, you've got a 120+kg Rugby Player asking you nicely for the ball, your 15(?) years old. What are you gonna do?

The Referees information is only as good as what is passed to him by his Touch Judges.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    The touch judge really should have known better. I didn't even think to blame the ball boy... let's leave them out of this.

The reffing team was woeful last night. Looks like this might turn into a everyone versus Jonathan Kaplan thread...

I'm certainly not a fan!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Touch Judge was looking straight into the field of play, Kaplan facing the off field action but had just been looking over his shoulder infield at something.
    Both should have been experienced enough to know there was no way that the result of that kick could see the ball get back to the throw-in that quickly.
    The TJ needs to face a probe...with a hot branding iron.
    Generally players are designed to bend the rules and let the Officials officiate but out of it all my biggest disappointment is in Kevvie who I previously considered an ambassador for the sport. Ali Williams is a known (if respected) arsehole but Kevvie has generally been one of the hard but fair types.
    It was Kaplan's first visit to Perth, I hope it is his last.

Last edited by Burgs; 05-05-07 at 10:44.
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    can't blame the ballboy.
    can blame the touchie (lots) and the ref.
    also disappointed that, unless the blues players thought that the ballboy had miraculously caught the kick for touch and quickly dried it,that they basically cheated.
    agree the ref was shite last night.
    the force played really well, apart from their rucking, passing, kicking, scrums, marking and tackling.
    must give some credit to the blues though. solid performance all round.

vCash
    Even if the ballboy had caught the ball & quickly dried it, they couldn't take the quick lineout as the ball must not be touched by anyone else apart from the player taking the quick lineout.

The only good that might come out of this incident is that Kaplan should now not worry about booking a ticket to Europe in September!!!! He's a muppet and should never be allowed near a rugby pitch with a whistle in his mouth again!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Got some bad news in relationship to this post.
    The ball boy, linesman and referee did nothing wrong!

It was actually a line out - a line out can take place within one metre of the actual designated point of the line out provide in goes down the imaginary centre of the line out and 2 more players from each team are present.
    I am not sure whether there we're 2 or more players and the only other issue would be not being straight - apparently when Sharpie enquired the TJ confirmed it was straight.

If there is any fault it should rest with the players for not continuing to play.
    Disappointing I know, but we have nobody but blame but ourselves.

I also think we did get off on the wrong foot from the word go with the ref so if the Force looked as though they infringed in some way or other they would have got penalised. The Blues would have got away with it!!!!

Last edited by no.8; 05-05-07 at 11:11.
    Brother Gallagher I hear you

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, I think it was assumed by the two Officials that the ball bo hadn't touched it.
    They weren't looking to contradict that so (in their eyes) had to assume it was correct.
    The debate between Kaplan and Sharpe was basically "the TJ was happy so I have to award the try". In effect he is correct I guess but his Rugby knowledge to be at that level should have been strong enough to over rule it. Lineouts get called back all the time.
    Fact was, the TJ wasn't even looking/doing his job.
    Also a great reminder to the Force and example to young players "PLAY TO THE WHISTLE!!!"

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by no.8
    Got some bad news in relationship to this post.
    The ball boy, linesman and referee did nothing wrong!

It was actually a line out - a line out can take place within one metre of the actual designated point of the line out provide in goes down the imaginary centre of the line out and 2 more players from each team are present.
    I am not sure whether there we're 2 or more players and the only other issue would be not being straight - apparently when Sharpie enquired the TJ confirmed it was straight.

If there is any fault it should rest with the players for not continuing to play.
    Disappointing I know, but we have nobody but blame but ourselves.
    No 8 - nice to meet you last night but I'm afraid you're a little off-whack with your comments....

1. The ball boy did nothing wrong.
    2. The touch judge was a muppet as he should've seen that the ball used for the quick lineout was a] not the ball that was kicked out and b] had been touched by somebody else (the ball boy).
    3. If there's any doubt, Kaplan could've (should've) gone to the TMO.

Also, the quick lineout was taken about 5m further up the field (ie nearer the try line) than where the ball went out of play.

Burgs - great comment......always play the whistle and don't assume that the officials will make the correct call!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater
    can't blame the ballboy.
    can blame the touchie (lots) and the ref.
    also disappointed that, unless the blues players thought that the ballboy had miraculously caught the kick for touch and quickly dried it,that they basically cheated.
    agree the ref was shite last night.
    the force played really well, apart from their rucking, passing, kicking, scrums, marking and tackling.
    must give some credit to the blues though. solid performance all round.

Even if the ballboy caught it and gave it straight to them that made the throw illegal. The best way to help your team when you're officiating is to catch the ball on their throw.

I also think you assessment of the Force's game was generous. I saw a 2006-esque performance last night.

Looks like we have an NZ hoodoo now.

C'mon the

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast