Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Push on for Super 14 finals

Apprentice
    vCash

Push on for Super 14 finals

Some might see this as a long shot, but I reckon that the Force may still get a spot in the Super 14 top four at the end of the season. You may ask, "Why?"

Well the answer is this:

Currently in equal fourth place are the Bulls and the Chiefs, sitting on 32 points. Our boys are only five points behind on 27 points - that's just one bonus point win. The other contenders for fourth place are the Brumbies, who are only one game ahead of the Force.

Now, take a look at the run to the finals for these three teams.

The Bulls have two home games left to play, against the Blues and the Reds respectively. Coming off a bye in Round 10, they have posted good wins against the Stormers and the Lions - but will they beat the 2nd placed Blues, then follow up with a win against the Reds? The Chiefs have two away games left to play, against the 'Tahs and the all conquering Crusaders.

If we were to give the Bulls and the Chiefs one bonus point win each from these two games, that would put them on 37 points apiece.

The Brumbies play their next game at home against the Crusaders, who have named all of their All Blacks. What are the chances of the Brumbies winning that?? The following week they travel to the 'house of pain' in Dunedin to play the Highlanders. They might be enjoying a minor return to form, but I don't think they'll be coming away from those two matches with too many points. Credit them with one bonus point win from the next two rounds and they'll finish the season on 36.

The Force are on 27 points, meaning two straight bonus point wins will put them at 37. I reckon they might be capable of pulling that off! Especially at home against the Cheetahs, who are coming off four straight losses on tour; and then the Blues, who are on their way home from a SA tour.

Well, we all know that the bounce of the ball (and that damn whistle) can determine that, but we also know how the boys respond to a big Subi crowd.

So, if you haven't got tickets - get some! Tell your friends, work colleagues, relatives and neighbours (even the ones you don't like) to don the blue gear and get along to the game!

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/artis...ket_brand=home

Be the 16th player!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Jamie_S; 24-04-07 at 17:00.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_S
    Be the 16th player!
    I don't know how Luke Holmes will feel about that!

I too hope that's how the season ends

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    if Giteau slots goals like he did this morning at training (from the touch line 5 meters out) then we are a chance!

Even if we don't make the top 4 and we stay about 5th to 8th - we have still improved heaps since last year and will continue to do so next year!! Let's not get to dissapointed if we don't make the top 4!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Let's go for it!!! But like you Happy i think its just great we've improved so much on last year!!

vCash
    i agree boys, whilst i'll be slighty disappointed if we dont make the top 4 it is one hell of an improvement, espeacially since most of the stuff i read pre-seaon only said we would finish 12th - 13th, may the rise continue next year

Go The Force!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    well i really hope they have a chance but when you look at it this way it doesnt look so great. 5th would be a great result for them

last 2 games:

Bulls: Blues (h), Reds (h), all they need is one bonus point win against reds and force are out
    chiefs: waratahs (a), Crusaders (a), not looking good but a win against tahs and with luck from other results will get them there.
    Brumbies: Crusaders (h) Highlanders (a), If they keep there form they have a chance
    Force: Cheetahs (h), Blues (h) good run home but need luck from other results to have a chance

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_S
    Some might see this as a long shot, but I reckon that the Force may still get a spot in the Super 14 top four at the end of the season. You may ask, "Why?"
    Be the 16th player!
    Great post JS!!! You've got me going.

Go The Force

Just happy to be here

vCash
    I think this year has been a great year, whatever happens. The team really came together and showed what they can do when everything clicks. Subi has a real atmosphere on game day - imagine what it would be like if it was a rectangular staduim! OK so we had a couple of bad games in NZ but then the two teams we played have been together for way longer that we have. Can't wait for 2008 - though a place in the final 4 would be a fantastic way to end this year!

vCash
    My head hurts with all this info

Come to the dark side

We have milk and cookies

Champion
    vCash
    my feelings we will win v cheetahs and finish the season on a high. but will not be enough. i wouldnt care if we lost the remaining games. from 1 win and 2draws last season. to where we are now. im proud of the boys

vCash
    we need 2 big wins and decisions in other games to go our way. its a big call but we can do it. C'mon Force

vCash
    If we dont make the finals, I am not going to be to disappointed. I hope that we win tonight and make it 6 wins for the season.

Thats what I have been predicting all season.

(and I am wearing the shirt into work again today...)

Let the force go in 2009

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    as you should every Friday Dramoth...

vCash
    and keeping the rugby.com.au live scores going in the background so I can keep up with score...

It's a pity that the matchs are on either early in the mornings or at lunch time unless the match is in South Africa... then it is at a reasonable time and I can get to the pub to watch it.

Let the force go in 2009

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    as you should every Friday Dramoth...
    Especially next Friday when it is Where The Force (WTF) May the 4th be with you!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast