Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fullback injuries create headaches

vCash
    They are just trying to avoid him getting injured Jazza.

Bam- Bam rotation is just stupid, the bloke is in my opinion the best #7 is Australia. We don't rotate Fava now do we? Bam- Bam deserves to wear thr #7 jersey every game if he plays the way he is.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Good comment Shaun but do we have another option for #8? Remember that Bam-Bam is still only 18 (or is he all of 19 now?) and having him run on every game may not be in his best interests for a long & successful rugby career.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    He wants to so let him. Brown at #8! He always plays better at #8.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I want to do lots of things that aren't necessarily good for my long term career too!
    While I agree that Fava has put in a couple of pretty ordinary performances in recent weeks, he is a mature body that can take constant "abuse" and he is also a team leader and I guess we shouldn't under value that.
    Following the Crusaders match Fava probably deserved to be dropped however, our only genuine option to replace him, Brown, had an even worse performance that didn't deserve to be rewarded either!
    Mitch has maintained the rotation policy at #7 due to the high workload of that position relative to the others and I imagine that will continue into '08.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Mitch is an ex no. 8 himself - perhaps this and his other choices are experience coming through - Why don't we have journos to find out this stuff on a week by week basis

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Shepherd's good injury news

April 26, 2007 - 9:29am
    Story by: Sportal

Western Force winger Cameron Shepherd has been buoyed by the news his knee injury is not as bad as first thought and he may be able to take a place in the Wallabies season-opening Test against Wales in Sydney on May 26.

The 23-year-old was assisted from the field in last Friday night's 14-12 loss to the Brumbies and early indications were the talented back had suffered a season-ending knee injury.

However, scans on his left knee revealed only a minor tear, and now the man earmarked to play fullback for the Wallabies at the World Cup, is setting his sight on making a comeback against the Welsh.

"People are saying four to six weeks but fingers crossed I'll be back sooner," Shepherd told The Daily Telegraph.

"My goal is definitely to try and get back for the first Test match if I am selected and that is five weeks away."

With star back Chris Latham still sidelined and in doubt for the World Cup, there has been many people calling for Shepherd to be installed into the starting XV for the Wallabies.

Despite having only won five senior Australian Test caps, Shepherd has been in sensational form for the Force this season, having crossed for five tries and scored over 100 points.

Shepherd revealed that in the past month his movement has been restricted while playing for the Force, with a tear in the lateral ligament in his right knee causing him some discomfort.

However, Shepherd is looking at his latest setback in a positive light, and hopes to get back to training as soon as possible.

"This is definitely going to give me the opportunity to get my body back to 100 per cent," he said.

"I'm going to be able to jump on a bike pretty soon and hopefully I'll be running in a couple of weeks."

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Isn't it a bit wierd that all the rugby journos in this country think that Shepherd is the best full-back (after Latham) except his coach??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Well feel free to disagree, but I for one am scared.
    Very scared

Come to the dark side

We have milk and cookies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93
    yea huxley would be my #1 contender for it. then mitch, shifcofske and hewat. they are all good quality fullbacks dont see whats wrong i would trust all of them.
    It's just Wales so I suppose they could give Huxley or Shifcofske a chance to get more experience. Connoly believes Drew is a winger for some reason, so he won't play him at 15. Both Drew and Shepherd would add more value at 11 because Lote is far too slow and can't kick.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight
    Good comment Shaun but do we have another option for #8? Remember that Bam-Bam is still only 18 (or is he all of 19 now?) and having him run on every game may not be in his best interests for a long & successful rugby career.
    Pocock is like an undiluted version of George Smith, increadibly strong, agile, exceptional vision, speed, the best fetcher in the business. Who cares if he is only 18/19? Bam Bam tackles like a wrecking ball and Mitchell and Connely should give him as much game time as possible before the RWC. Pocock belongs at #7.

Last edited by Goldmember; 29-04-07 at 10:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2