As Head Coach for the next two seasons of the current and probable wooden spooners, wouldn't you think Eddies priority should be to remain in Queensland working with the two ARC Squads, being involved with the Academy and generally helping to turn the "Red Army" back to the "front"?
Instead he is trying to head off and line his pocket some more, even though he has been quoted as not being in coaching "for the money".
Wouldn't have thought this would help out his alledged "family issues" too much either now he has settled on Queensland...

Jones set for second Saracens stint

By Wayne Smith
April 12, 2007

QUEENSLAND coach Eddie Jones is likely to spend the off-season working with English club Saracens.

Jones last night denied rumours that the Queensland Rugby Union had already cleared him to spend three or four months towards the end of the year with Saracens, but he conceded he was deep in discussions with his employers over the matter.

"We haven't finalised anything yet," Jones said.

"It's a possibility but nothing's concrete as yet."

Even if the former Australia coach does rejoin Saracens for a period this year, he is expected to return to Australia in time to finalise the Reds' preparations for the 2008 Super 14 campaign.

Jones has committed himself to Queensland for another season, but all the indications are that he will then move full-time to Saracens, which has made no secret of the fact that it wants him permanently on staff after he saved the club from relegation last year.

Jones's other option once the Reds finish their Super 14 season on May 5 against the Bulls in Pretoria is to move on to the coaching staff of one of the Rugby World Cup teams.

"I've got a few clauses in my contract with the QRU that allow me to do that," Jones said.

"I have had firm offers but I've been busy with Queensland and I still haven't thought that through yet."

Meanwhile, Jones was struggling to rein in his disillusionment with the present contracting system after learning that former Reds winger Digby Ioane had turned down Queensland's approach and decided to stay with Western Force for another two years.

It has been well-documented that Ioane has been homesick while in Perth, and missing his family - among them his nephew, Reds back-up hooker Ole Avei - and the Reds had been optimistic of recapturing a player they would not have lost but for the confusion surrounding Wendell Sailor's plans in mid-2005.

However, Ioane - one of the few genuine speedsters in Australian rugby, and a player in the national selectors' Rugby World Cup plans - announced yesterday that he felt he could develop his rugby more in Perth than in Brisbane.

Jones, however, clearly felt other factors had influenced the 21 year old's surprising decision.

"The market is such that it's hard for us to get in at the moment," Jones said, clearly alluding to the possibility that third-party sponsorships of Ioane might have been organised in Perth.

Jones said the Reds would continue to search for quality wings, but he conceded they would be forced to go down the youth path.