Thread: Peter Hynes to claim 50th cap for QR Queensland Reds

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Peter Hynes to claim 50th cap for QR Queensland Reds

One of the quiet achievers of Reds Rugby, apparently he didn't even know himself!
    Certainly has never been a star but they would have been in a far worse situation without him!
    Well done Peter Hynes

Peter Hynes to claim 50th cap for QR Queensland Reds

Wednesday, 11 April 2007

QR Queensland Reds flyer Peter Hynes will earn his 50th Queensland cap when he takes the field against the Waratahs at Aussie Stadium on Saturday night.

Hynes is determined to help turn his team’s fortunes around and the Reds need no extra motivation after last week’s disappointing loss to the Sharks at Suncorp Stadium.

“We haven’t played to our potential this year and we’re really looking forward to turning that around,” he told a news conference today.

“We are going to get out there and really give it to the Waratahs and we’re going to play like we should - as a team, not as individuals - and really put a good performance together,” Hynes said.

Hynes has been given the assignment of marking promising Waratahs wing Lachlan Turner in Saturday’s Investec Super 14 clash and he’s looking forward to the challenge.

“He’s got some pace and he’s a talented player so I won’t be giving him any time or space.”

Hynes wasn’t aware of his milestone game until alerted by team management.

“I only found out about it yesterday, to be honest, I had last night to think about it and I’m looking forward to getting out there on Saturday,” he said.

Hynes, 24, made his Queensland debut against the Crusaders in 2003, with the Brisbane State High product going on to play his first Super Rugby game that year against the Hurricanes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Congrats to Hynes, hopefully he will have a good game, but my money is on the tahs...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....