Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 90.5FM Exclusive Full commentary v Sharks Friday

Player
    vCash

90.5FM Exclusive Full commentary v Sharks Friday

Hi all,

We've learned today that 90.5FM will be the only station to provide live commentary on the entire game against the Sharks on Friday.

Our committment to the Force is total, as will be emphasised next week when i'll be in Christchurch for full commentary of the game against the Crusaders.

This week our preview will start around 6.15, at half-time in the NRL coverage.

Leon Ruri and Blake Kagi will join me for the build-up and commentary. We'll hear from John Mitchell as well as Matt Henjak.

We'll take your calls pre-game in our guess the score competition. The winner gets a $50 voucher for the Paparazzi Cafe in Mandurah.

After the match we'll take your reaction calls on 9418 7700 - we're prepared to continue past our scheduled close at 9.30 if you still have points you want to make.

Enjoy the game and lets hope for 3 on the trot.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Good work David, I assume 6PR have gone with AFL now the season has started??

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    That is correct, and you can't blame them as there is a huge following for AFL in WA and it's a core sport for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr
    Good work David, I assume 6PR have gone with AFL now the season has started??
    i wonder what our good friend barra has to say about this, as soon as the afl starts, is it good bye super 14 from his point of view?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSmithSportFM
    That is correct, and you can't blame them as there is a huge following for AFL in WA and it's a core sport for them.
    I don't blame them at all, it is just nice to where "allegances" lie.

So 90.5FM is the only Perth radio station "dedicated" to Rugby in WA.

Keep up the good work.

Barra, it was fun for a while, see ya pre AFL 2008 I guess mate or have we missed something...Barra, Mick is this true??

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I'm sure both fo them will stay active on TWF ... good luck for the rest of the season Dave - pressures on now!!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr

Barra, it was fun for a while, see ya pre AFL 2008 I guess mate or have we missed something...Barra, Mick is this true??

fun for awhile, he hasn't visited twf since 040207!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Pretty sure barra and Barra at 6PR are the same Barra's slomo, in which case he was on two days ago.
    Mick stays fairly regular too.
    Full marks to you at 90.5 though David, keep up the good work.
    I would like to think that TWF doesn't play favourites with the media outlets, we just encourage everyone to get as much coverage out there as they can!
    Hope you have a great time in NZ mate and I'm sure it won't be all work
    Look forward to any mid week updates you may be able to provide us if you get to the internet over there, I understand they hooked up a few weeks ago and have a couple of share computers

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Burgs]Pretty sure barra and Barra at 6PR are the same Barra's slomo, in which case he was on two days ago.

good point burgs! if you have 2 usernames do you get 2 lots of v-cash?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo
    fun for awhile, he hasn't visited twf since 040207!!
    that's because our little resident radio personality had forgotten he'd already signed up .. I think he's known as Barra882 or something now

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Rookie
    vCash
    It's not all doom and gloom. This is a great opportunity for 6PR to get rugby in front of a very large AFL audience. We will still be at the ground and will be doing previews during the long breaks in the AFL and constant updates from the Force v Sharks game during the AFL broadcast.

As soon as the AFL is over, we'll cross straight to our ball-by-ball coverage of the Force match and we'll be out on the ground talking to the players as soon as the final siren sounds. Hopefully the AFL listeners will stay tuned and we can whet their appetite for rugby.

Perth has more AFL fans than rugby fans. That's just a fact. But hopefully we can bring some over and create more demand for our game.

6PR is definitely not abandoning the rugby. We'll still be providing some form of coverage at every game, both home and away. And Sports Central will continue to provide live interviews with the key players during the week.

Cheers

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    GoodonyaMick

Player
    vCash
    Likewise for those interested mainly in rugby but would like to know about what is happening in other sports we'll have regular score updates on the evenings NRL and AFL games.

Rookie
    vCash
    Looks like you've come back strong Mick!!

Will tune in as I enjoy the hype after games (especially wins) and you blokes are right amongst it with the after game with the interviews which is what we dont get elsewhere.
    The Shep kick to win straight after the game was the classic!

Player
    vCash
    For those who haven't heard our coverage yet you will be pleased to know that we also conduct post match interviews with players. After the last game both Brendan Cannon and Drew Mitchell were interviewed on the pitch.

We also have talkback after the game for around 45 minutes, although this can be extended if we still have calls to take.

I thought those of you who have been regular listeners of 6PR down the years will be pleased to know that from this Friday Gary Carvolth returns to the airwaves on 90.5FM.

He'll be presenting a mix of music, sport and chat every Friday afternoon from 12.00 till 4.00.

At 5.30 we join 2GB for coverage of the Paramatta Eels Vs Wests Tigers NRL game before concentrating on the Force match at 6.30.

We'll have regular score updates of both the NRL and AFL games throughout the Force coverage.

Last edited by DavidSmithSportFM; 29-03-07 at 08:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast