Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How were you disciplined as a child?

vCash
    first there was the wooden spoon then it was the melted soup laddle then me and my brothers buried them then it was the kettle chord

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    The trusty wooden spoon across the back of the legs for misdemeanors. Bamboo skewers under both thumbs for more serious matters.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Just the old over the knee, wack on the but.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Dad's hand was the weapon of choice. And for those of you who've met OMC you'd know those are some pretty mean lookin' hands!

I once got smacked for fighting with my brother over who would go up the ladder first on our old boat and Dad came out of the cabin and saw us both trying to scramble up the ladder and he totally freaked out and whacked us both at the same time. Unfortunately I copped his right hand and you wouldn't believe the mark it left! I turned purple pretty much straight away and a big welt came up within minutes that perfectly matched the outline of dad's hand. Boy did I do some crying that day!

I got my own back once when mum and dad decided to use a rubber thong (shoes... just so we're on the same page) to hit me with. My mum used to stand outside my room and cry when dad would hit me with it and i would scream and wail and carry on like a pork chop and made my parents feel so guilty and so ashamed. Then as soon as they were out of the room I would start smiling.

Being hit with a rubber thong doesn't hurt at all! Just makes a big noise!

I confessed to this a few years later so as to relieve their guilt. Aren't I nice. hehe.

And if you're reading Dad... I know I deserved it.

Champion
    vCash
    wooden spoon.just a plane old smack and on one occasion a small cricket bat

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A rubber thong may not hurt but I can assure you that a table tennis paddle across the summer pajamared arse of each of our 15 Junior School Boarding House boys deflated a few tough guy ego's!
    Had all 15 of us bent over the table tennis table watching each other cop it.
    Wish I told Mum earlier, only told her about it last year and she still exploded at the treatment!
    Nothing like a Master taking his divorce out on his Boarders....

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Wooden spoon to the backside - but only when we definitely deserved it. I don't see the harm in it at all when you're badly behaved - have seen a few kids around the place who would benefit from a good spanking! Mum hit my brother once with a hairbrush - of course it broke and we had to go and buy another one so she could finish my hair for a party I was going to.

The best story I've heard about tantrums is my from my friend who when she had tantrums in public, her mum used to get down on the floor and start kicking and screaming too - it embarrassed the kids so much they never did it again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2006
    I do however agree that a "smack" should be just that, not to the head and not enough to mark or cause pain beyond an initial sting.

I used to come up in massive welts after my dad hit me hehe

Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit

The best story I've heard about tantrums is my from my friend who when she had tantrums in public, her mum used to get down on the floor and start kicking and screaming too - it embarrassed the kids so much they never did it again!

Holy crap, I'd die!

I want to be unique - just like everybody else!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    They were doing this on the radio this morning.

Some bloke recently got charged for giving his lad a whack with a belt, apparently you are not allowed to hit your kids with any objects these days, and probably not allowed to hit them at all.

How were YOU disciplined as a kid?

I think in this case wasnt one whack,but an ongoing occurance

you cant whack anyone on the rugby paddock anymore,shouldnt have to resort to violence at home either
    I was sent to boarding school for my sins,there were a few sadistic teachers there thats for sure
    Any way,back to the Rugby

vCash
    i just get wacked or wooden spoon if im bad.

it used to work but it doesnt hurt anymore

he probly deserved it if he got charged

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    A rubber thong may not hurt but I can assure you that a table tennis paddle across the summer pajamared arse of each of our 15 Junior School Boarding House boys deflated a few tough guy ego's!
    Had all 15 of us bent over the table tennis table watching each other cop it.
    Wish I told Mum earlier, only told her about it last year and she still exploded at the treatment!
    Nothing like a Master taking his divorce out on his Boarders....
    you could still sue his arse .. have a chat to Fulvio!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Oddly, I mostly managed to stay out of trouble. I got threatened, and yelled at, but never hit, except once. It was not formal punishment, it was a nasty lash out, and lost that parent a lot of respect.

I got next to nothing in pocket money, so the threat of removing that was no big deal.

Some kids need corporal punishment, but not all kids. One of my brothers could've done with more of it, the other didn't need it. The idea of making it illegal is dodgy.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    I was also sent to boarding school. Not sure what I did wrong but had to stay there for 8 years before mum & dad would let me come home - except school holidays when I was allowed to visit them for a while. Even better; I got travel sick as a kid so the taxi ride to the airport made me a bit queasy - just enough to tip me over the edge once the plane took off. The hosties (yes they were hosties, not flight attendants back then) got to know me and I got extra sick bags on my boarding the plane.

Then, if that weren't enough, we still had the cane in boarding school. That makes me quite old, doesn't it?

There was this table tennis bat thing in prep school the teachers called "The Motivator", which made a lot of noise but didn't hurt much.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    you could still sue his arse .. have a chat to Fulvio!!
    Following his divorce I doubt there would be much left to sue for

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3