Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Five Million for Five Years

vCash

Five Million for Five Years

Will the ARU get value for money for signing on Lote?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Unless he's performing vital heart surgery, no... But if you want to keep players apparently this is what you have to do now.

Last edited by Sagerian; 12-03-07 at 17:42.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    No, his heart isnt in it. He better get his finger out and show me im wrong. If he does i will certainly apologize. This whole saga has been a blight on the ARU. Wheres O'Neil?

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    what a waste of money better spent on the youth of union

vCash
    Throw more bags of cash at him, hes worth every penny/razoo/tah-zo etc, you get the point.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    on fox sports news they said that based on his averges he gets $2500 a touch haha very lucky

vCash
    Alrite I am going to have a rant!!!
    What a load of horse S_&* how can the ARU pay this Joker 5Million over five years and only put 200k into community rugby development in Western Australia. How can WA possibly grow with this load of cash going to someone who i feel (personal opinion) is no were near worth it. I mean i get 30k a year to develop Western Australian rugby stars of the future and the ARU continue to offer big dollars th rugby league "stars" to convert to union!!! And my how well that has worked Sailor, Rogers fantastic!!! How is WA particularly meant to develop local talent with so little money going into community rugby and those who are being emplyed to develop this talent rewarded so poorly!!!
    I think it is about time the ARU wake up to themselves and realise that all this money is better spent developing players of the future, local talent, then being held to randsom by so called ex league stars!!!
    Well thats my two cents anyhow...

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

vCash
    Lote is crap.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    I'm sure it'll come back to bite the ARU after the World Cup....my prediction is that he'll go over to league next season........and GOOD RIDDANCE!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.. Slow down Jedi.. He's contracted. That's binding. He'll have to write a letter to get out of that!

vCash
    Ah, letter writing....that could be a problem! Didn't someone once say "contracts are made to be broken"?!

For the sake of Aussie rugby, I hope that he does come good but past performances & ex-league players histories don't count in his favour.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Ahh letter writing, the scourge of the former leaguie.

I'm sorry to be the one to bring this up (but I seem to usualy be the first one who does bring up the ironic side of our discussions), but this was all set in stone the day Giteau signed his multi-million dollar deal. It is going to get worse from here gents.

vCash
    Marquis players attract all the headlines and money, whether they deserve it or not, and whether they're ex-league or not.

Your point SWR was exactly brought up last year with all the Giteau musings. Should the money of Gits be dug back into junior development? Does ARU and Force need marquis players to get juniors to sign up and play. Its the chicken and the egg argument again.

Hopefully Lote is worth it and provides good measure in his performances. Yes SWR, you are worth more than the 30k you get (gross/net?).

from little things, big things grow...

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    heard elsewhere:

550k per year is comming from the ARU the rest is from the NSWRU (150k per year) and 3rd party sponsors, his contract is also back end loaded, he'll earn more in the last 3 years.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Totally agree mystic there is that fine line between needing marquee players to attract juniors to the game and the money being put back into development. However it may be hypercritical but i am happy to have ARU/Force pay Gits the money he gets because he has been playing union and the money they have invested on player development in the past has paid of with players of his calibre coming through junior rugby ranks. It justs get my goat up this whole idea of "poaching" players from league who are stars of one code and the ARU feels that if they give them 1mil a season it will make them into good union players, which in the past hasnt worked, when we could be putting that cash into developing more Giteau's and then paying them the big bucks. I am more then happy for players to get the amount of money Gits is getting if they deserve it which i dont feel lote does.

And I am happy with what i get paid (Mystic that figure is gross) but more of a critic of fact that ARU feel 200k is enough to support community rugby in WA when SA, Victoria and NT are getting more funding from ARU for their community programs and we are meant to have been set up as the fourth feeder state to the Wallaby squad.

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast