Thread: junior rugby

vCash

junior rugby

The young one is enjoying the Rugby coaching at school so much that I am taking her to register for the junior comp in just over a week. They are really getting the game out there now and in a state that prides itself on being predominantly AFL that is good.
    For a young girl to show this much interest in the game shows that they are targetting the right age group. Even a Force member where my wife works is impressed that a young girl wants to play.
    Just got to hope that she continues to enjoy when she plays. Mind you, she enjoyed the girls beating the boys at school.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    well done......Its the game played in Heaven

vCash
    Whoohoo Girl Power! Good on u Bryanne!! I'm sure you'll tear up the pitch

vCash
    Good on you its a game for all to enjoy

vCash
    Don't Know if you guys caught this post - but it would be fun to think of your daughter getting one of the first club wins for this new club - I'm sure she will have fun whichever club you go to

Quote Originally Posted by jazza93
    Rugby wa community manager Mitch Hardy says the early indication is that junior registrations have increasd about %15 justafying the new formation of a new club in the northen suburbs. the north cost club which will cater for juniors only will be based in clarkson and play home games at lake joundalup. the club colours will be orange and silver neighbouring clubs joundalup and wanneroo have agreed to help with the new clubs devolpment

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dad and bryanne
    For a young girl to show this much interest in the game shows that they are targetting the right age group.
    That's great to hear.

To be honest I'd never really watched womens rugby and actually, I have to admit discouraging one of my girls ( all growed up now and left the nest) from having a go. I suggested they'd be better off sticking to touch. They played for years and loved it.

But I digress: watched the Womens WC final on Fox a while back and was extremely impressed with their skill and athleticism. I couldn't help wishing my girls could have had the chance to start young. Unheard of for girls at school not many years ago.

Good luck Bryanne.

vCash
    I have some young girls in my 2 after school rugby classes.....they only year 5's but hopefully they will enjoy it and continue it on!

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.