Thread: Do you want a rectangular stadium?

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash

Time to act......READ THIS!!!!!!

Right, this is a call to arms. Below is the e-mail address for the Stadia Task Force. If you are a rugby fan and want a rectangular stadium then spend two minutes and send an e-mail to them

Tell them you want a purpose built stadium for 35k people...I don't care if you want it in Geraldton but tell them what you want......every little helps so if you care DO IT.

stadiataskforce@dsr.wa.gov.au

PS we'll do the same to the government next week and then every week there after.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by The EnForcer; 28-02-07 at 10:51.
    Just happy to be here

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I sent this to rugbyWA last week

Hello,

I'd like to just make my thoughts on the stadium debacle known, what difference it might make I'm not sure but I am clear in thinking that if we don't voice our opinion now then it will be too late in future.

To start with we lost big time when Geoff Gallop and Bob Kucera left. No doubt about it, no one else in the current government or opposition has the love of rugby, so we are behind the eight ball to begin with.

While I will continue my membership for the foreseeable future, I will vote with my feet if it is not sorted out in a reasonable time frame and acceptable arena. I've spoken to people who will not renew their membership next year on the basis of the stadium, where they can get a better view from their foxtel broadcast. I live south of the river, and make my way north for each game. Getting home afterwards is a logistical nightmare with the ridiculous taxi service Perth has, while it will be eased slightly once the southern bound train is running, the quality of the stadium will be a big part of any decision I make.

Not renewing is a silent yet visual protest which threatens to give ammunition to the opposite side of the fence, those who don't see the need for a 60,000 rectangle stadium. We will see reducing numbers of members the longer this issue goes on, and make it harder for the supporter base who do stay around to plead their case for a large stadium to cater for super 14 games and increase our possibility of getting a tri-nations game.

Revamping Members Equity stadium I thought would be the best solution, it is already built and is close to central city transport. However watching the game in western daylight savings time temperatures this year was something I did not enjoy. The upper grandstand seating was so hot we were forced to seek empty lower seats to get some cooler breeze.
    Pushing this site out to 30,000 capacity while giving a much better place to watch rugby, I think should only be a short term option. The longer it stays there, the less chance we will have of pushing for a larger ground. And the facilities leave much to be desired, it was embarrassing seeing the Samoan support staff sit in the open and broadcast people use a telephone in the extreme heat like that. Members Equity is not currently a good ambassador for RugbyWA.

Right now the state can afford to buy a present for it's population in the form of a grand stadium capable of hosting large sporting events, soccer and rugby. All it needs is the right will in the right place.

Greg Radford.
    Booragoon.
    Member 167882

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Good one Happy...send it to the Task Force too.

Just happy to be here

vCash

Done

But I can't help thinking - if only we got Burkie on side......

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Same thought has crossed all our minds I think! ANyone know if Brian is a fan?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Would have been a fine lock in his day

vCash
    I agree with you Happy. A 60,000 seat rectangular stadium is the only long term option. No point in supporting anything smaller.