Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NRL Season 2007 Discussion Thread

vCash
    Not sure, it was brought up last year, but no one knew who the player was. It's all alleged but if it was assault with a date rape drug used that is a very low act.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Use The Force
    A tad unfair, they let Holdsworth go last season. He made the right choice to sign somewhere else. He wasn't doing too much at the dragons and he wasn't looking likely to get a run ahead of Barrett etc at that stage. And they weren't to predict the horrific run of injuries to Matt Head. I'd say the decision to let go of Greenshields was worse.
    Well I suppose that's a matter of opinion. (and just a little bias on my part - Holdsworth is a Perth boy after all ) But fact is he only got 5 starts in first grade in 2 seasons at Saints. Despite his putting in great performances, IMO. He scored two meat pies on debut and set another up. Brownie never really gave him a shot, preferring to use Hornby and a couple of others to deputise when Barrett was injured, and that was about half the time.

You bring young players through by giving them a shot when your front liners are injured. The Dogs are masters at developing young players. That's why they are perennial achievers and Saints never quite get there.

vCash
    Well it's the same reason why Willie Tonga left my Eels. And he has done well.

I don't think DH was that hardly done by, from memory it was the same season Matty Head shone through and Brett Firman had to look elsewhere. Hornby didn't play much in the halves until last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Use The Force
    Well it's the same reason why Willie Tonga left my Eels. And he has done well.
    I don't think DH was that hardly done by, from memory it was the same season Matty Head shone through and Brett Firman had to look elsewhere. Hornby didn't play much in the halves until last season.
    Well I'm not 100% sure as it was 3 seasons past that he made his first grade debut, but I reckon he was hard done by.

I don't recall Head playing 5/8 too often. Shaun Timmins was used there quite a bit I think. The battle between he and Firman was for scrum half IIRC. Head got the spot when Firman was seriously injured early in the season. Firman never got it back and went to Easts.

Whatever, I bet they'd like him back now.

vCash
    They do have a problem with trusting young halves in first grade. Now with Gaz's injury & Head not due back until round 5 it's basically forced their hand. I'd really like to see a young kid give it a real good shake.

But that's RL, you let players go, you take that chance. I bet they'd like Barrett & Greeny back too but it's not on the cards. I'm sure they'll move on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3