Thread: WA Reds

vCash

WA Reds

I dont know if this is the correct forum as I cannot see one for rugby league on here (yes many Force fans enjoy the 13 man game too).

Anyway I would just like to ask, as this is my first post, about the new/resurected WA rugby league team the WA Reds, and would Force fans who like RL support them as they will be sharing MES as well?

I think Perth/WA has enough support and $$$ for the League code to return here and re-establish the country's second biggest spectator sport as another great alternative to aerial ping pong.

Thoughts?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    This is a rugby site primarily, so will leave your preference to others to discuss.Welcome aboard and have fun.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea
    This is a rugby site primarily, so will leave your preference to others to discuss.Welcome aboard and have fun.
    Thank you LH.

Champion
    vCash
    sharing fine more reason for a rectangle stadium if the entertainment industry in perth, rugby union and rugby league + soccer join together we could get a stadium of a decent size .

vCash
    rectangle stadium yes, rugby league who cares? once the wa reds have similar member numbers to us lets talk sharing a stadium, until then its all talk.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Welcome aboard KR! We don't have a league forum as such - just an "Other Sports".

As for supporting a resurrected Reds, I certainly support them forming and sharing a ground (so long as there are no event clashes!) with the Force - more power to them! But probably won't be heading to many games...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Champion
    vCash
    well i would go to most games much lyk i went to the reds games. anything to support a new code in wa.

Rookie
    vCash
    Are the Reds looking at establiching an NRL side in Perth?
    WHat sort of time frame are they looking at?

vCash
    Welcome along, to be honest other than that it might help towards the momentum for a decent rectangular stadium Im pretty neutral about league. Sorry it just doesn't get me excited, as long as it's not to the detriment to Union I wish you guys all the best, but as far as I'm concerned Union will all ways come first.

vCash
    would like to see a League game live - doubt I would become a member - but the more rectangular stadium users the better - Barra at 6PR was talking to a guy about have a major league game here next year - can't remember the names of the teams !

Welcome aboard - you league guys have produced some really interesting players for Union

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    I don't mean to burst the bubble mate but I can't see WA/Perth getting another eventual team in the NRL unless they make way for another 2 teams which is unlikely. First preference would go to somewhere like the Central Coast who just missed out on their bid to the Gold Coast!

I would like to see it though.

vCash
    yeaa go the reds. i they are playing in the nsw nrl 1st div this year and that is a hard competition. i think there gonna play most games over in nsw but if they play in perth im gonna see them.

they are probly going into the nrl in 2010. that is the plan anyway. that would be the best we could watch force in summer/autum and reds in winter.

vCash
    thats whats been said in a few things i've read and seen on the news etc, theyve been put into NSWRL which is basiclly division 1 of the NRL i think with the view of re-etablishing themselves into the NRL in about 2010/2011, i love both the 15 and 13 man game so i'll be heading down when they play in perth

vCash
    I heard the CEO of RLWA talking to Barra & Co on the radio about a week back. They plan to enter the Jim Beam Cup next year, then gradually progress to Queensland Cup and NRL by 2012.

I just as keen on my RL as Rugby, but sad to say I can't even see the Jim Beam Cup deal coming off. It is a Third Division comp. It includes the reserve grades for the non-NRL clubs that play in the NSWRL against the NRL reserves ( that clear? ). That is Newtown, Wentworthville etc plus a few regional RL clubs such as The Entrance Tigers, Erina, Windsor.......

I know the standard of these games as I've seen a bit when visiting family in NSW and been to their clubs. I doubt it would be any better than the old WARL first grade. Not knocking them, it's just that unless someone other than the participants is funding all the travel/accommodation etc. it'll be a non-event. They simply couldn't afford it.

If they've got all that covered, great. I'll be among the first through the gate. Too much footy is never enough.

vCash
    you're right shasta. I don't think the standard of the JB cup is very high at all, but I'd be happy to see WA compete in any competition.

I live a drop kick away from Wenty's home ground too so I'd be interested in seeing them play if they did make it.