Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eddie (the tosser) at it again

vCash

Eddie (the tosser) at it again

This is an article in Rugby heaven today, talk about a friggin sook, i soooo think eddie is the biggest tool of all times...

http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/ar...405376302.html

SHUT UP EDDIE

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    So... who's the one really trying to influence the referee??.....

Idiot.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Here's the version in the Australian/Fox Sports:

Jones wants to ruin Gregan era

By Wayne Smith
    February 16, 2007

ONE of the joint architects of the George Gregan-Steve Larkham era in Australia, Eddie Jones, now hopes to be the man who brings it to an end.

Having inherited the pair from Rod Macqueen, first at the Brumbies, then with Australia, Jones turned them into the two most influential members of the Wallabies side.

Gregan was the captain he stuck with through thick and thin, Larkham the playmaker around whom he structured the Wallabies' game.

But that was in the era from 1997 to 2005 and, while the longest-running combination in the history of Test and Super 14 rugby keeps on running at the Brumbies and Wallabies, Jones has moved on.

Now coach of Queensland Reds, which will confront the Brumbies at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow night, Jones intends using all his knowledge of the two greats to bring their domination to an end.

"They've won World Cups, they've won the Tri-Nations, they've won the Super 12, they've won everything that's been going around," Jones said.

"And their influence is still strong on the game. They're still the brains trust of a very vibrant and well-coached Brumbies side.

"But at some point their influence has to stop and we'd like to think on Saturday night we can dilute some of their influence on Australian rugby.

"They've been great players but there's a time for everything to come to an end and hopefully it's on Saturday night."

Five-eighth Larkham might be the man who steers the Brumbies around the park but it is his halves partner of 72 Tests that Jones especially is targeting.

"What the 10s do is reliant on how their nines play and obviously they have a very experienced nine in George Gregan," Jones said.

"It's a great challenge for us. I can't remember a side really getting to George. Obviously to stop the Brumbies, you've got to get at George. We'd like to think that one of the things we can do is contain his influence."

The footballing side of things Jones will leave to his players, but the Reds coach clearly took it on himself to reduce Gregan's influence on the man most in a position to determine the outcome of what is shaping as a tense derby, referee Matt Goddard.

"Matt Goddard is very lucky because he's got someone to help him referee the game," Jones said.

"He's doing handstands, the referee. And I'm sure George is going to help 'Bernie' (Larkham) play well and help Matt referee well."

Sarcasm done with, Jones said it deeply concerned him, the sway Gregan has over even the most experienced of referees.

"I just hope Matt Goddard referees the game and George doesn't," he said.

Although the once-close relationship between Jones and Gregan is reputed to have cooled, the former Wallabies coach still stands by the man he was forced to defend again and again, describing the constant criticism of Gregan as "unwarranted".

"For the last four or five years, all they (Gregan's critics) have been trying to do is deride the poor fellow. He's a good player. He's not as good as he was but he's still a good player."

Gregan declined to comment yesterday but Larkham was quick to dismiss Jones's prediction that the Reds would put an end to an era tomorrow night. "There's certainly another year to go yet in both of us," Larkham said.

"We're certainly not finishing up after this game. We've got the Super 14 to concentrate on."

And after that, presumably, a World Cup.

Brumbies coach Laurie Fisher must surely be tiring of having to deal with the inside knowledge of former Brumbies coaches - after having locked horns last weekend with his immediate predecessor, Blues coach David Nucifora, but he was unperturbed by Jones' determination to shut down his halves combination.

"Every side we play against targets nine and 10," Fisher said. "It's not award-winning tactics. It's sensible but not innovative. I don't think it's rocket science."

Still, it is understandable that Jones would attempt to strangle the Brumbies' backline of ball.

He is still pondering his best option at inside centre - whether to retain Lloyd Johansson after his two costly defensive lapses against the Crusaders, gamble on 21-year-old league recruit Charlie Fetoai or to experiment with the team's Mr Fixit, winger Peter Hynes, in the unfamiliar position.

Whoever Jones plays in the centres will have to contend with the rampaging running of Brumbies captain Stirling Mortlock. On that confrontation alone, the whole match might swing.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Eddie Jones: George Gregan talks too much, Matt Goddard needs to not be influenced by him blah blah blah blah blah blah Matt Goddard blah blah don't influence the referee blah blah.....

George Gregan:.........

Eddie Jones: blah blah Matt Goddard blah blah George Gregan talks too much and shouldn't try influence the referee blah blah blah....

George Gregan:.........

Gregan is so obviously the one trying to influence the ref...

vCash
    True although I think Gregan may have a little more to say out on the field on the day. Which at the end of the day is his job as Eddie should know, do you think someone maybe a little worried about that there team is going to lose.

Eddie sounds like he's just organising a scapegoat for later - If the reds lose just wait for the Eddie barrage about how much influence Greegs had on the Ref and if it wasn't for this unlucky call or that that unlucky break...

If your confident of a win and in your team then why the games? Why isn't the Reds 9 in the refs ear like a terrier?

Im sure the ref has heard it all before and will hear it all again.

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    I think we all know that Eddies an idiot with a big mouth (and look where it got him)

If we all (and I mean the whle of Australia) just ignored him, maybe the press would stop regurgitating his BS!

vCash

vCash
    EDDIE FROM DUMPED TO GUMP. RUN EDDIE RUN

vCash
    Eddie is a livewire, a born entertainer, a great character in our great game. I feel sorry for sad, lifeless, gormless losers that can't appreciate someone with a bit of spunk, passion and humour to them.

To the extreme !

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well you better feel sorry for me then VI because I think he is a dickhead who is burning bridges for the QRU quicker than they are being built and is possibly about to be coaching from his living room for a month.
    The Reds don't need an "entertainer", they need a coach to focus on the job at hand and stop crying like a spoilt brat at every percieved slight.
    Your judgement of his character is "interesting" to say the least!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Bill Young defended his viewpoint on Fox Sports News today i.e. the refs could do with more training - BY reckoned that the ref lost all control in the Brumbies Reds match thus the sideshow caused by Ben Tune

If I was a Reds Fan I would be annoyed at how he is tackling this issue (and the refs are an issue - bring back Paddy O' Brien ) however I do believe that some of his comments are valid - and lets face it the ARU havn't dealt kindly with him and prehaps he feels that his complaint won't be addressed unless he makes it a media story

But if I was a Reds Fan - I'd be cringing - how much will all of this cost on top of trying to attract Lote

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice
    Eddie is a livewire, a born entertainer, a great character in our great game. I feel sorry for sad, lifeless, gormless losers that can't appreciate someone with a bit of spunk, passion and humour to them.
    You have got to be F*#!en joking, don't you...He is the biggest sook i have ever seen in a coaching position, who cannot handle any criticisms or losses at all, always has an excuse for everything...He is a total and utter f*#!wit...
    He has as much character as my little finger, entertains me by annoying the shit out of me and making the papers for a bit of a read, and as for livewire, how did you come to that conclusion...I wish he would grab a live wire and be done with it...
    As for us being sad, lifeless, gormless losers, you can go and get stuffed, as we obviously have a much better idea of what is good for rugby than you have, because since eddie lost the top job he has been on a self destruct mission, and if that brings him down, well, i for one couldn't give a shit...I just hope he doesn't drag Qld rugby with him...Tosser

vCash
    Whoa... That's the best impression of me I've seen all day mate

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    He may be a character, but he is absolutely a tool. I frankly find the amount of bleating you hear from Aussie coaches a bit embarrassing, both at a provincial and national level. Maybe it is just our press is more adept at blowing it up, but I don't hear Foster whinging about refereeing decisions when there must have been decisions made that could have changed three losses each by less than seven points.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast