Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 90.5 coverage - 12.30am v Stormers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight
    As natural as freshly sheared (?) wool?
    I heard the kiwis don't shear their wool with anyone...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No..they dont shear their sheep with anyone Ecky....

(Huney.....brung me ma gumboots)

Senior Player
    vCash
    90.5 broadcast every second of the game, unlike Foxtel which had a huge problem in the latter stages of the game.

At no stage did we go off air, so if you heard music it must have been another station.
    I listened into 6PR when the foxtel went down, one thing that was wierd, was at the cricket Colin Minson was saying that the Sport FM coverage started at 12:00am but all I heard was music at that time and the coverage didn't commence until 12:30am.

But I know I can not pick Sport FM up in the Rockingham region when I am at home.

Player
    vCash
    Its always easy to know when our Rugby coverage will start, its always 30 minutes before kick-off.

Please forgive Colin if he was so enthusiastic about the 90.5 Force coverage that he gave you an earlier start time than was the case. But your comment clearly illustrates how essential 90.5 is for sport fans with the fullest coverage of the Western Warriors cricket, EPL, and of course we were the only station to broadcast every Perth Glory game last season and our Force coverage will also be the most substantial.

Every pre-match will include features and Interviews with rugby personalities and members of the Force.

As far as reception goes, it depends where you are, what type of radio you have and how much you've been drinking before switching on, as to how well you will pick up the signal which is the same for any Station.

My tip would be to find the station on 90.5 and keep it there!

Last edited by DavidSmithSportFM; 10-02-07 at 19:39.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Not really David, 990am 6PR, 92.9, 96FM are all much clearer then Sport FM for me, but alas it may be different in other area's as I am able to pick it up clearly on my mobile when I go to Fremantle and Spearwood, but is incredibly fuzzy around Kwinana/Rockingham/Golden Bay.

Player
    vCash
    I must say Egan your concern that people should be able to hear 90.5 is so refreshing seeing your association with Wisdom Sports Media who of course failed to set up their own coverage of the Force.

Some people might assume that your only interest would be to knock my station seeing Wisdom so obviously saw us as a rival.

Personally I make it a policy of not making comments about a rivals product unless they have said something which is untrue, I think its more ethical that way.

vCash
    Nice to see you two getting along for a change...Well, more civil than last time you got into each other...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSmithSportFM
    I must say Egan your concern that people should be able to hear 90.5 is so refreshing seeing your association with Wisdom Sports Media who of course failed to set up their own coverage of the Force.

Some people might assume that your only interest would be to knock my station seeing Wisdom so obviously saw us as a rival.

Personally I make it a policy of not making comments about a rivals product unless they have said something which is untrue, I think its more ethical that way.
    David I have just used personal experiences and personal knowledge, but since the assertion that Sport FM have similar frequency waves as other radio stations, I had to but in and clear some facts. Because I know for a fact they do not, from personal experience and from facts from the radio broadcasting authority.

Under the ACMA license charter they are only allowed to broadcast with 300 Watts while 990ams signal is 5000 Watts and thus covers the whole metropolitan region. It is thus as we said before the issues we had in constructing our coverage, that 990am offered a greater signal strength then Sport FM.

Shortly Sport FM's license will be up for grabs in the near future, as per the release from the ACMA, all interested parties will be available to bid for the license.

http://www.acma.gov.au/ACMAINTER.150...::pc=PC_100973

I also have a statement from the owner of Wisdom Sports Media Russell Dower on why he did not cover the coverage, so the listeners can understand that we remain dedicated to the Western Force.

Unfortunately there are some extremely unethical business practices that I have encountered which have led me to commence action which led to this decision in not covering the Force in 2007 on 990 Radio.

These practices are deceptive, misleading and doing harm to the industry.

Therefore, action must be put in place to arrest this practice.

Personally, I will lose thousands of dollars not covering the Force games.

To say that I am furious to have to suffer because of these practices is an understatement.

I pioneered the coverage as you know last season of the Force on Community Radio and to not cover the season in 2007 leaves a very sour taste in my mouth as I am sure you can appreciate.

I intend to cover the Force in the Super 14’s season in 2008.
    Thus the aspects are David, are you disputing hard cold evidence from my personal experience and from the ACMA?

As I asked you whether or not I would be allowed to post in threads by you before, as a member of the Whole Force Forums when you first came to this site, would you rather me not respond to your topics.

The first time I asked you this question, you said you welcomed it, thus why I have asked you questions as a user of the whole force forums as everyone else has.

Or would you prefer me to not comment in your topics from now on?

Last edited by Egan; 11-02-07 at 21:13. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Player
    vCash
    Egan,

I think everyone on this site (as well as other sites like Gloryboys) is heartily sick and tired of you and Wisdom Sports Media continually using these forums to try and cause problems for those whose only interest is to provide sports fans with quality coverage.

The sheer quantity of utter tripe and misinformation you and Wisdom spout regarding things you know nothing about is amazing.

The situation regarding 90.5 and its license is for the most part one you have no knowledge of.

Do you or Wisdom believe it encourages anyone to do business with you when you behave so irrationally.

I welcome your posts because it allows everyone to see for themselves what it is you are trying to do, and anyone with any inteligence will work it out for themselves.

I hope you are not suggesting 90.5 or myself did anything underhand as that is not only morally reprehensible it is also totally wrong and without foundation.

Perhaps if Russel Dower and Wisdom sports media had handled themselves more professionally they wouldn't be in the mess they are now.

There was nothing to stop Russell Dower from paying for a license to broadcast on 990 - the fact he didn't achieve it had nothing to do with myself or 90.5

As for whether people can hear our signal, that's easy, if people can hear it on their radio they can, if not they can't, and frankly its pointless to go on about this as I never said our strength was the same as any other station, just that each persons experience would be affected by where they were, what radio etc etc etc.

I think in these posts you can see why very few people in Perth want to do business with Russell Dower... and let's not forget that I had to sue him to get paid what he owed me for when I worked for him. I personally find it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when people don't honour contracts.

I am unaware of any action being taken by Dower.

I think you both need to get a life and move on.

Last edited by DavidSmithSportFM; 11-02-07 at 22:32.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSmithSportFM
    Egan,

I think everyone on this site (as well as other sites like Gloryboys) is heartily sick and tired of you and Wisdom Sports Media continually using these forums to try and cause problems for those whose only interest is to provide sports fans with quality coverage.

Sorry, I was just using it to clarify facts, with you personally telling us a few months ago that Sport FM had the same frequency as 990am and that Wisdom Media moving to 990am had nothing about an increased frequency range that 990am has over Sport FM

I don't know how you associate everything I say, with my limited association with Wisdom Media.

Anyways, I will continue to comment then, if there is no problem on your behalf as it is always good to get a discerning voice, to improve the problems in your broadcast...even if you believe what I say is biased

Cheers David!

Player
    vCash
    Egan,

Again please check what you are writing - I have never said Sport FM has the same frequency as 990, as that would mean we are called 990 Information radio.

I've always been aware our FREQUENCY is 90.5 - and in my experience 90.5's signal has been as good as 990's but I guess that depends on where I am when I'm listening.

I will again say this - if its your choice to comment on a rival companies coverage there is nothing to stop you - but I think its largely unethical, and I would suggest for Wisdom Sport Media counter productive.

As jealous as you and Dower may be of our service, ultimately it will be the fans choice as to who they listen to, and naturally its my belief if I honour my pledges to them in terms of coverage that many will opt to listen to us.

If 990 decides to buy the Rugby next season that is their choice - it will have no impact on me.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Sport FM 90.5 has a clear signal that stretches throughout the Metro area, and no-one should imagine broadcast rights were distributed on the basis of any concern about the signal strength of any existing broadcaster of the Force.
    Throughout the metro area?

Isn't Travelling Gerry in Joondalup?

David, again let me say this

I am just doing what all forums are about, healthy and lively debate.

Chris

Player
    vCash
    Egan,

We can all see what you are trying to do.

This forum is about Rugby - not disputes between radio stations.

I am happy to provide a quality service to anyone who can listen to it.

If they are not able to listen I'm truely sorry as I believe the programs I produce are worth listening to.

You have every chance to contact me with genuine problems regarding the coverage by email, or calling me. I even offered once to buy you a coffee.

I suggest you stop using these sites for your petty vendetta's and allow people to concentrate on the reason these forum's are really here..to chat about the team they love.

Senior Player
    vCash
    I suppose you forgot about the vendetta you had, when I made a statement last week.

Anyways, as you said this site doesn't need more radio wars and on my behalf, I never made it a radio war...I made a comment about the signal after I questioned your claims.

It was all about a debate, that I have done with many users and thought you would be no different.

Obviously your claims that I am allowed to comment on your threads, is not a true fact, if you think everytime I speak is to sprout a vendetta.

Apologies to those, who thought I was hear to start a radio war. Which clearly I wasn't

Egan.

vCash
    Well, i spoke too soon didn't i...Wheres that bucket of cold water...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast