Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shepherd for Full Back

Prospect
    vCash
    First post, lets all not forget that most of the new recruits have never played at Subiaco or in an oval stadium, also due to daylight saving the loss of the toss caused us to be playing into the sun first half. Mitchell had the sun to contrend with as well as the oval field giving a very different perception, Gits also only had one match here last year and Cross was new, lets give the guys a chance to get familar with the environs for them it was almost the same as playing away from home. Another thing as most players were not brought up in WA they are not used to the heat and will take some getting used to it.

I am sure as the season goes on we will progress.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I don't think we can count the sun factor - if he's playing 1st grade club rugby in winter I imagine that's a 3:30 ish start and would have a setting sun to contend with much more often than you might think.

Maybe the occasion, weight of expectations... whatever, Mitchell had a rubbish game and hopefully will be busting his gut to show he's better than that.

But yes, on the wing, and Shep at FB

vCash
    Black Jack baby! haha anyone had a look at the clip of him on the Force site?

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    I thought the work at the breakdown was a lot better, the problem was more with runners isolating themselves, that and the flankers (especially Brown) going into contact too upright meaning that we got very slow ball.

Sheps to 15, Mitchell to the wing. And I realise that they may have been trying to take advantage of the fact that the Highlanders were concentrating on Gits, but lets not skip him in the backline moves, the Wallabies made that mistake last year!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Incompetent isn't the right word... But its the first one that comes to mind.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chippernine
    First post, lets all not forget that most of the new recruits have never played at Subiaco or in an oval stadium, also due to daylight saving the loss of the toss caused us to be playing into the sun first half. Mitchell had the sun to contrend with as well as the oval field giving a very different perception, Gits also only had one match here last year and Cross was new, lets give the guys a chance to get familar with the environs for them it was almost the same as playing away from home. Another thing as most players were not brought up in WA they are not used to the heat and will take some getting used to it.

I am sure as the season goes on we will progress.

& how many highlanders have played at Subi before? & train in the heat of Dunedin

vCash
    was 16 deg in dunedin on friday
    they were making exuses for losing before the game started
    and didnt even need to

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter
    & how many highlanders have played at Subi before? & train in the heat of Dunedin

I agree at the end of the day the heat cant be counted as a factor as both teams have to play in the same conditions - if anyone should have found an advantage in it it should have been the Force. I was in Dunedin in December and it was still only 13 degrees it was more than a little warmer than that when I got back to Perth for New Years...

And our debutants weren't all that new to Rugby.

I wonder how much player contract negotiations had to do with the starting line up? Drew really wanted to play full back and Cross wanted to be a centre it may have been part of the deal maybe after a shocker or two the coash can have the leverage to put them where he actually wants them?

Rookie
    vCash
    Mistakes aside, I thought the Force looked dangerous and in control until the flyhalf was injured.
    Cross will take some time to do things instinctively but will get plenty of opportunities outside Matt [who I think is best suited to inside centre], and there wouldn't be a player who hasn't thrown in a shocker,the support he gets from his mates will get him focussed for next week and let him put it behind him.
    The lineout calls by the ref were woeful and I don't think the game was let to flow due to a few things least of all the drink breaks which probably favoured the visitors more.
    It's only the first game, the players will be hurting as much as us I liked the makeup of the run on side...let's hope S.A will be a happy hunting ground

vCash
    Qld Supporter's Super 14 team is the Force? weird... anyways good post mate

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    i agree with the majority that shep shoud play fullback, and drew to the wing . Lets say thanks we dont have much problems up front. we are the engine room we just need those stockers behind us.
    lol

lol

vCash
    Qld supporter i believe is the parents of Chucky, is that right???
    Well put prop53, where were the stokers...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2